canceling 4 accounts if one of the 2 new tlp dosent remove truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, Feb 14, 2019.

1. FIsh Lips Augur

He probably doesn't know, or care, that you are there. Many of us don't play this game as a competitive sport.
  2. Kahna Augur

Then why bother doing it on a progression server? If you don't group with other people and you don't care if they are there then why do you need a progression server? Is it because the krono you need to fund your playstyle can only be found for reasonable prices on a progression server? A perfectly valid reason, and I have nothing against people who fund their play with krono. But that won't be the case on a box friendly progression server. People won't sell krono there to buy your stuff because they can just box it on their own.
  3. Mashef Augur

A spade's a spade, its basically a wet dream... so its just a dream. A shame.
  4. Weebles Augur

Ignorance at its finest. Most boxers box because they just want to be able to log in and start getting exp instantly. The end game loot is accessible to everyone via AoC and most couldn't give two about the stuff that drops in dungeons beyond the first month or so. In fact, most boxers I know were more than willing to invite others, share loot, and even drop their box for a single boxer guildy.

Two box teams create as much opportunity for groups as they occupy themselves. A lot of those groups single boxers join wouldn't have been possible if that monk didn't have a shaman box.
  5. mark Augur

The loud minority at it again ,the ones that evertroll the boards instead of playing the game,most players love boxing 2 or 3 charecters and very few get upset when that missing tank ,healer cc dps gets added to the group or one of the boxers in the guild brings his army to help you with your 1.5 or 2 epic.
    And i have helped many guildies over the years with flagging etc.
  6. Warzon Elder

I have fifty-four active subscriptions that I've never spent a krono on. Until instances reduce the number to 54 I staff up to the full seventy-two. I use krono as a plat substitute because nowadays some people only want to pay with that, but the idea that mass boxers rely on it is ignorant. I worked very hard and earned enough money from my job to afford this. I don't know what level of poverty you live at to think that paying for a dozen or two accounts with anything but krono is unreasonable. I am retired now and play this game for fun. I would very much like to play on a new boxing-allowed TLP, though if we can't have one this round that is fine. If DBG commits to True-box on all future servers, I will cancel all of those accounts and move on with my life.

Playing on test is a great suggestion. However. Most of the time I log into test nowadays instances are broken, and they stay that way till someone at DBG kicks the server box or w/e and gets them working again. So weeks at a time of not being able to do a whole lot.

Anyways, as far as not contributing to the community, I helped about 100 people finish their 2.0 (I think total I received three krono in tips for this), help my guildies with whatever they ask for. I've only ever fought for camps if people just start pulling from mine, when asked I am more than happy to /pick over or just leave the camp (I can camp it anytime, so whatever). I've never trained anyone. I've never stolen a camp or a drop. A few times it looked like others were wiping on a mob I jumped into help, accidentally ks'ed, I left the loot on the corpse for them.

On my current server I leave content alone until it seems like nobody else has killed it for awhile, and again, if someone asks me to leave it alone so they can have a shot at it I always do.

I have never advocated for a server that forces anyone else to play the game the way I want to play it, I just very much would appreciate others not trying to force me to play they way they want me to play.

What's most surprising is how antagonistic some of you still are on these boards. If you love this game, and I think we all do, it's time to embrace your fellow enthusiasts. On any given TLP, there's only about three to four thousand players that start on the server, and maybe five thousand that ever play on it.

Every single one we lose is essentially irreplaceable. And one step closer to them shutting down the game forever. We should all come together and point out obvious mistakes. None of the development team for the game still plays, so we need to speak up when they make mistakes, like releasing two TLP's at the same time, or releasing only true-box servers.
    Klang and Thalliius like this.
  7. Stagentti Augur

"Most players" lol.

Most players on TLPs aren't boxing.
  8. Kahna Augur

I have found that for every competent boxer willing to drop a box for someone there is that jerk who insists on dragging his half afk useless box around everywhere, and you can't kick him because there are no other clerics lfg.
    Koggar.Bertoxxulous likes this.
  9. Kahna Augur

You are the exception that makes the rule then, as I doubt many EQ players blow over $1k on the game every month. If that is what makes you happy, and you can afford it, more power to you. (Though it is a bit silly to suggest that someone who doesn't spend $1k a month on a video game does so because they live in poverty.)

You also might be the kindest sweetest multiboxer on the planet, but many of your peers are not. Enough of them are not that it has left a deep and lasting impression on a significant portion of the EQ population. You are unlikely to change their minds, no matter how amazing you are.

There are enough options out there that I don't really see the need to continue to restrict the game to Truebox, but apparently DBG does. Knowing full well that they are alienating large scale boxers like you. They apparently think it is worth it financially. They have already considered that you, and others like you, would cancel their accounts and leave and have determined that loss to be acceptable.
    Thalliius likes this.
  10. Thalliius Augur

Well at least you're an honorable and decent person. I don't know enough about the mass boxing community to know if you're the exception to the rule or not, so I won't pretend to. 54 accounts is like a jaw dropping number to me, but thats because I struggle with 2 boxes....but hey, if you're paying for it then more power to you!

Obviously wielding that kind of power can impact the community quite a bit, because you're 1 person who has the influence/power of an entire raid force at your disposal. When you use it for good, its probably a huge boost to fun and moral on a server.. at least in that general area that you're hunting in.

However, now put a Lil Napolean type personality behind the wheel of 54 accounts, and it becomes an absolute nightmare.

Heck, if there really are that many of you and you actually keep 54+ accounts subscribed without stealing/cheating in any way, then they absolutely should make a server for all of you to have your fun. I mean that's like $800+ a month to keep those subscribed, so if that type of money is coming in from that community of players, then sure it makes sense to give you another stomping ground.

As long as they think they can make a reasonable profit with a new No-Truebox TLP server, I can't imagine it would be very difficult for their hosting company to clone an existing server and basically copy/paste the configuration files, etc from one of the existing No-Truebox servers... BOOM! you have yourself a god **** party!

Good luck, and stay thirsty my friend!
  11. Crayon123 Augur

No. We're keeping Truebox so the server doesn't turn into an anti-social single player farming simulator like Ragefire and Lockjaw.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  12. Thalliius Augur

Yea it drives me nuts, but at the end of the day... would you rather have no healer and be dead in the water, or deal with an annoying boxer but still gain some XP?

On Selo's ill be doing a SK/Shaman duo box, and i'll basically be the group. I will look for 4 DPS and we'll start rolling... that means there are 4 DPS out there that can sometimes struggle to get groups that will be able to hook up with me and get some stuff done

If i have to go AFK or something cause i'm changing a diaper, etc.. they're more than welcome to leave and find a better group for themselves, I wouldn't take offense to it at all and would wish them well.. probably add them to my friend list and hope we could group again some time
  13. Arnuphis New Member

The one thing I can't wrap my head around is when multi-boxers complain about a new server designed for non-boxers is why don't you just stay where you are? You already have want you want.
    Ajjantis and Dragon Jockey like this.
  14. Nessirfiti Augur

Wait, I'm confused. I've heard in these forums that boxers are OP and taking all of the camps, and running non-boxers off servers. But I've also heard that boxers are terrible, and totally unable to really function.

Which is it? Can we at least settle on a strawman?

Also, why are you anti-boxers not super upset about pre-made groups? They're way less likely to let you into their groups than a boxer is.
  15. Crayon123 Augur

1. Both exist. Professional RMT'ers and farmers... and the dweebs thinking they can 3 box a charming enchanter and a cleric to get their rogue into the group.

2. Pre-made groups mainly only exist at launch during the initial rush.
  16. Kahna Augur

It can be both. There boxers who use assistance software to automate their toons and dominate camps. There are 3-6 boxers who use no software and truebox and play all their classes well enough to complete content. There are 2 boxers who can't even manage to play one toon, let alone the 2 they insist on dragging around. It's almost like every boxer is a different person with different skill sets and they don't all fit into one neat box in how they effect the server. There are boxers who impact the community negatively and there are boxers who impact it positively.

Most of the positive impact boxers contribute to the community still exists with true box, and the negative is seriously toned down. Probably why DBG keeps choosing it.

And if you don't think people are upset about pre-made groups you have never been part of a guild. Cliques are a thing and they cause lovely drama, but people tolerate them better than boxers because it's 6 jerks and not just one guy. Which is at least in the spirit of the game.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  17. Nessirfiti Augur

Funnily enough, so does the anti-boxing drama. It happened with Coirnav, it happened with Agnarr. It's happening now. And it'll all go away after the servers are out and established, that doesn't make it any less annoying, or the strawmen and stereotypes any less hilarious.
    Who are you to say what the spirit of the game is? Just because a boxer isn't looking for 5 other people to group with at all times doesn't mean they're not playing within the spirit of the game. I find a lot of this anti-boxing zealotry to be extremely selfish. "Why won't these people play with me?!" "These people should be playing how I want them to, they shouldn't be able to do things I don't approve of!"
  18. Machentoo Augur

If you can't kick him because there is no replacement cleric, sounds like he is benefitting you greatly by boxing. If he weren't, you'd kick him even without a replacement cleric lined up.
  19. Kahna Augur

With his main cleric he is useful, his boxed enchanter that is sitting in the corner was a waste of space. He even refused to drop it for a real enchanter that might have actually done something. Taking up two spaces just because you are a cleric is .
  20. Kahna Augur

I didn't say it DBG did with their official announcement. Here.. Let me quote it for you.

"We want to encourage players to play with their friends on this server, and not just form groups of only their alts.

Pretty sure the designer of the game gets to have some say in what the spirit of the game is.