<Canadian Armed Forces>

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Porygon, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Porygon Augur

I don't mind your opinions on how people act on this server.

And there is no difference, in a group of 20 people, taking all the mobs away from other groups, or a group of one person controlling 20. You are prejudice against boxing, that's why you think there's a difference. Nothing you're saying in this thread is going to make people hate my guild any more or any less than they do. I don't mind if you don't like us, i just want to set the facts straight about us being 1 person, or a PURELY rmt guild. That's all.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

There is a difference. Third party programs remove much of the human element. Talk about setting the facts straight, that's one of the major ones.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  3. Ironfoot Elder

LoL what?

Yes it does... 20 people all being jerks is much harder to have than 1 jerk with a program to spread his jerkness.

That being said, I dont know if anyone actually is a jerk... I talked to "a" 12+ boxer a while back in the hole, and gave him some pointers... he seemed like a nice enough guy.

However I still maintain my stance, if you need to box 18 mages to do soloable (duo'able) content, yer really kinda bad at EQ. two well played mages can pull off much. Overkill is just a waste, especially when yer showing off your lack of knowledge of the class... and using the wrong pet.
    Fallfyres and Rhiyannon like this.
  4. giantofbabil Journeyman

100% agree with you.

My guild has had bad run ins with this guy. CAF says they are nice and says this guy isn't a problem but it is a problem. It's toxic and it's terrible for the server. If stuff like this continues it will drive people to leave Ragefire/Lockjaw and the progression servers will be dead.
  5. Druz Augur

The 20 people are actively recruiting more people to join them, even in the case of your guild Twisted Legacy is at the very least passively recruiting new players. More people enjoying the content is better than fewer people enjoying the content. I feel you're being purposefully obtuse if you claim to not understand how this is preferable.
  6. Porygon Augur

Again, CAF is a *GUILD*. People join us....soooo im not even sure how this comment is even remotely applicable.
  7. Druz Augur

They don't join Saytonic... unless of course these random guild members have him on autofollow 100% of the time and never deviate.
  8. Numiko Augur

[IMG]
  9. Naelbis Elder

I will take Darc and his crew of boxes over darn near any other. Why? Because he is decent and willing to talk when there are issues. He doesn't walk into a zone and start KSing every person/camp there. He has even gone out of his way to help single groups that were getting bullied by larger groups/box armies. On a might makes right server like this one that attitude puts him way above the rest, RMTer or not.
    Porygon likes this.
  10. taliefer Augur

can confirm this, he helped me and a friend out in the hole a couple times. hes not a bad guy, not all boxers are "teh debils."

its the environment Daybreak has fostered on these servers, its not going anywhere.
    Porygon likes this.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I've chatted with him once or twice and he was always responsive and polite. I think 20boxing or whatever is pretty silly, but if that's how he wants to play, he's not being disruptive, and DBG says it's fine, more power to him.
    Porygon likes this.
  12. Porygon Augur

Almost a constructive post! If you can give a legitimate reason, that 20 people from one guild monopolizing a zone is better than 1 person with 20 chars, I would love to hear it.

Only you can't.

Because it's the same thing.
  13. Rhiyannon Augur

i can...

20 people are gearing up 20 people...
    1 guy controlling 20 is farming to support his krono habit
    Fallfyres, Maxe and skattabrainz like this.
  14. skattabrainz Augur

I can't think of any other mmorpg where anyone would even remotely accept one player monopolizing a zone with 20 accounts handled simultaneously by a hack.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  15. Random_Enchanter Augur

Or that one person is gearing up his 20 accounts and doing what the other 20 people would be doing with the gear they can't use. Aka randomizing it and Selling it. but last i check a random from 1 to 1 is a 1

Not a hack, DBG has continually said that IS boxer is LEGAL
  16. Hateseeker Augur

Hack or not, it's artificial assistance, and that's what opponents of the program should focus on. Sadly, those who continually call it "automation" or "botting" when that's not correct on a technical level, are easily discredited.
  17. Unique_Moop Augur

Weird post. I also believe the canadians are a bunch of RMTers but that is because yall had a 14 boxer in the hole within the first three weeks of the server.
  18. skattabrainz Augur

DBG can call it an everything bagel with lox for all I care, a hack is a hack.
  19. Esper Augur

Except you would be wrong. I do not think that word means what you think it means. It does not exploit DBG's coding or modify the coding. It does not bypass security measures. By any valid definition, it is not a hack beyond your ignorant lack of understanding of the word.
  20. taliefer Augur

i agree people need to get over it, even if personally i dont like it. its here to stay. accept it or move on.

but i chuckle every single time the name of the program that is allowed gets censored out. its hilarious.