<Canadian Armed Forces>

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Porygon, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Porygon Augur

Hi, we are a guild on Ragefire....notice those choice wording..."we".

"We" are NOT 1 person, or 2, or 3. In fact our guild consists of somewhere between 25-30 people. Many of us do box, we are very boxer friendly.

At quick count, I would guess we have about 5-6 6 boxers, and one 18-24, depending on the day. As well as quite a bit of single and double boxers. No different from most of the other guilds. (maybe the 18....but there's a few 18 boxers on this server in several other guilds.

We do not RMT, we do no raid, we do not lock-down mobs anymore than others.

If you send us a tell, we will most likely reply, and be nice! Isn't that crazy, us evil boxers actually being nice! If you need something from an area we are in...ask. I've given away countless items to people, just because they actually asked.

We also have a strict "PNP" in force of our own. You will RARELY see our members being outright dicks, unless we are messed with first. Do we have the manpower and the ability to fight back? Yes. But we hope we never have to. We are on good terms with almost every guild on the server....with the exception of one... im sure you can guess who they are, they are kinda known to be dicks...

And yes, quite a few of us have power-leveled characters. Because sometimes what you think is the best (tons of mages) turns out to to be less beneficial than other classes!

I'm not looking for this to turn into a flame thread, but that's asking a lot. If you honestly have a concern, question, or something happened to you...ill be more than happy to answer those questions for you.

TLDR - We aren't one person, we don't RMT, we don't raid, we're nice people, try sending us a tell if you feel you're being wronged.
    rune00 likes this.
  2. Banuvan Augur

I think the fact you feel the need to defend yourself speaks volumes.
  3. Maltheus Elder

But be honest. You use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and have characters that are automatically played by keyboard cat which is a CLEAR VIOLATION of the TOS. At least the TOS as interpreted by me.

<3.
  4. Xanumbik Augur

OT But when i saw your guild name in game i really liked it lol even though im not canadian
  5. taliefer Augur

You are nice people. But at least one person very much does RMT and isn't shy about it. He's mentioned on more than one occasion how much he made on fippy and again here

And he's a nice guy. If the market is there, more power to him for taking advantage of it. Doesn't get more 'Murican than that. Makes the guild name more funny~
  6. Captainblood Lorekeeper

I think I've seen this before...
    [IMG]
    "I'm not a crook."
  7. Simone Augur

Sounds like a guild name that violates the guild naming policy.
  8. Druz Augur

Saytonic alone locks down mobs across entire raid zones faster than multiple raids with multiple pullers each can. I am not sure how he does this, I will sarcastically suggest that it is completely skill based. But this is observable behavior that goes against everything in your post.

This player then auctions off trash gear for krono. Gear people could easily collect on their own if there wasn't a massive box army warping all over the place stealing their mobs.
  9. Porygon Augur

Not defending, clearing things up. If people think that an entire guild is one person, they need to have the record set straight. People see 1 18 boxer and cry foul, or think its the devil. Someone at some point, needs to step in and tell them its not really that bad, and everything will be OK.

Also, I'm also not Canadian! Though I do live dangerously close to the country.
    Steampunk likes this.
  10. Zargonza New Member

I've dealt with a couple of them, I haven't had any problems with them /shrug.
    Grouped with Fatz was a mellow, and witty dude~
    Porygon likes this.
  11. Porygon Augur

Good-luck with that.
  12. Porygon Augur

No-body on this server "warps". You should get your facts straight. In fact Saytonic recently made several bards just because he was being out-pulled in places like hate and fear.

And there's NOTHING wrong with selling loot rights to planar gear. Its EXACTLY the same as selling droppable gear. If it doesn't sell, it will probably rot, meaning you (the cheap person) can probably loot it. This goes back to the "try sending us tells to ask what were up there for".

I've personally had many people ask me to let them know if gear is rotting, and if it is, ill send them a tell, no charge.
  13. Druz Augur

If you do outpull Saytonic he sends you threatening tells. Back in 1999 Plane of Fear was not designed to be monopolized by a single person. Saytonic is a very disruptive player. Lots of people have less fun because of his presence.

You can defend this behavior in any way you like, but people's opinions of your guild will not change until you change the behavior. There are no words you can say on these forums to change people's minds. What you can do is stop a player using 36 accounts from bullying a raid with 36 unique players out of a zone.

Bottom line is that for many people the server would be a better place if CAF was removed from it.
  14. Progress Augur

Is this Graveyard Shift (I think that was the name) from Vulak? I remember they had one guy that was an 18+ boxer.
  15. Porygon Augur

Whats the difference between a Guild Raid of 20 people monopolizing a zone, which happens, ALL THE TIME in fear and hate. And 1 person doing it. Nothing. You just have an inherent hatred towards boxers, so you feel he is in the wrong.

And Saytonic will not send you threatening tells, unless you're PULLING his mobs off of him, which seems to be what most people like to do in hate (not just off him, but off each other). Which isnt out pulling, its just stealing someones pulls.

And you can argue "the server would be a better place if....." for a lot of things. But you play with what you're dealt. And you were dealt a server with CAF, feel free to move...or, as i mentioned before....try and send a tell before you accuse people of things!
  16. Porygon Augur

No, Saytonic played on Fippy, and was well known, and well liked.
    Oroso likes this.
  17. Druz Augur

How do you not understand the difference between 20 people using a zone and 1 person using a zone?

You're here defending your guild. I don't know what your end game is, but if enough people submit petitions and emails about Saytonic disrupting entire raid zones maybe we can have a server with either no Saytonic or a well behaved Saytonic. So no, my choice isn't either accept the fact that this one guy is ruining whole zones or move on, I can vocalize my concerns and encourage other people to do so.

We're not allowed to call out guilds on these forums, fortunately the guild in question started the thread.
  18. Simone Augur

That guild was the The Night watch. They were a man who boxed 12, his wife who boxed 6 and their son who boxed another 6.
  19. Machen New Member

Don't be ridiculous. Anyone who has any kind of success on the TLP servers have always had haters. The fact that a guild needs to defend themselves does not mean they have done anything wrong in and of itself.
  20. Rhiyannon Augur

i find the guild name... wrong...

as for the boxing, which as a general rule i don't mind, i take each box group individually... way too excessive. to support that many he needs to be farming for kronos, or paying way too much monthly for a game. if he's farming with that many, he will be disrupting a zone. an enitre guild with that many boxers is too much.