Cactus rethread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jadenpain, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Zaviere Augur

Funny enough, my group just beat it, and it was relatively easy...

War, Clr, Shm, Bst, Mnk, Brd, all EoK raid geared w/a few RoS raid pieces mixed in. We got 2 burgeoning succulents and 4 sprouting succulents, all of which we were able to kill quickly. The rest was just a matter of killing Cactiikii itself, which was pretty straightforward. A couple of us got the brown thumb achievement as well, lol.

/GU Cactiikii in 146s, 104145k @713323sdps

To give an idea of his HP (never bothered to look at parse after doing it in it's old form).

Overall, yeah it's probably over-tuned now for group-geared parties, especially main tank damage wise, but otherwise it's still very much a beatable event. People seem to be overreacting a bit.
  2. Cleaver Augur

rofl very beatable if your entire group is in 100% eok raid gear.

Go put group gear on everyone in the group and come back here and say that.
    Gyurika Godofwar and UncleUms like this.
  3. Spellfire Augur

Not everybody has this type of gear available. :rolleyes:
    Gyurika Godofwar and UncleUms like this.
  4. Kolani Augur

It sounds like this mission was retuned by Absor, because if you absolutely need someone completely out of touch with group geared dps and hp values to tune something, he's who you call.
    Pirlo likes this.
  5. Zaviere Augur

The thing is, if those of us from that group lineup all actually HAD full group gear sets hanging around, we'd probably go and try just that, for poops and giggles. I bet it would still be doable!
  6. Bigga Baddeboom Apprentice

Then go back with group gear and without max aas - then let us know, if it is doable.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Cleaver Augur

lol your replies cant be more out of touch with the game. Are you really absor ?
    Pirlo, Gyurika Godofwar and Buktum like this.
  8. BlackVZ Lorekeeper

Take your group and go to test and get around 15-20k aa and not raid gear and see how it works out for you.
  9. Buktum Lorekeeper

Did you even read what you typed before you posted? According to you, people that are in RoS group gear are "overreacting" since you tested in your full EoK raid geared group and beat it? How many AAs did you have too among you all? I see you have 33k yourself. Point is, this progression for groups and this should be scaled accordingly to group players not raiders.
  10. Ratbo Peep Augur

Only 104 million hit points? "Overreacting a bit?" Pa-leeeese. LOL!
    Even doing the "sprout mechanic" correctly. Your average group can't do this.
    I'm sure the better raid guilds even in T1 group gear MIGHT have a chance at this.
    But the problem has been tuning simple group missions with very high-end raid PLAYERS.
    This is the opening mission event of a new expansion. Not the last one.
    OK so this one was a bit of a "gimme" for raid based groups that knew how to focus DPS.
    Your average grouper (or boxer) struggled with the OLD version still.
    IF it needed fixing - Not this way. You can't try to slow down even mid-quality raiders (or high quality group players) through a T1 group event.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Cleaver Augur

wouldn't be that bad if the named didnt port the tank away randomly and you got rid of the damage shield. Alot of the tank damage is coming from you attacking while tanking.
  12. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

So apparently being max AA is a feature only available to raiders now? Huh. Interesting.
  13. Ratbo Peep Augur

This is a Tier ONE group event. Opening zone. Max AA (or Max Level) are NOT supposed to be a requirement. It's part of the entry level zone content.
    -W
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I always thought it was weird that all the mobs were red/yellow-con for an entry level zone, that was supposedly tuned for level 106'ish players.

Going from Korsha labs to Overthere is a rather sudden jump in mob levels, Its not exactly a gentle transition...:eek:
    Im beginning to think that OT was never tuned to be an entry level zone.
  15. xclip New Member

Meh, too easy.

Devs please retune this and make it actually hard and challenging.
  16. mmats Augur

Not sure why they made this event even easier.

Me and my 5 friends in TDS group gear beat the balls off this event. I was afk in the bathroom for most of it, while my mage pet tanked boss and a ranger healed him. Rest of the group was just standing around admiring the shrubbery since there really wasnt anything else for them to do.

Think I will quickly run my alts through this before it gets beefed up.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Lily like this.
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I just watched my wizard pet-sword solo the event for me...
    I wonder if the group version is just as easy...:rolleyes:
  18. Baldy New Member

It's a shame that this game has forced more and more people to start boxing due to lack of real players and DBG knows this yet they just make all the content harder and harder then retune it to make it even harder for everyone other than the top tier raid guilds. Top tier guilds do need to realize that while they have the elitist mentality that this game doesn't evolve around them. DBG needs to cater to all their players. Have a challenge but not make things next to impossible for most of the players unless they have a warrior or mages these days......
  19. Bigstomp Augur

I did notice this tonight on the raid and assumed it was a change that came along with the group mission. (I have not tried the updated group mission yet)
    Gialana likes this.
  20. wingz-83 Augur

Knew this kind of thing was going to happen prior to expansion launch.

Heck the nerfs haven't even kicked in yet. (March?) to aa/spells from this expac. Let alone the rules for participating and getting gear.

Oh well. Good luck.