Cactus rethread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jadenpain, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Nudia Augur

[Wed Jan 17 22:44:21 2018] Cactiikii smashes YOU for 14003 points of damage.
    [Wed Jan 17 22:44:21 2018] Cactiikii smashes YOU for 55467 points of damage.
    [Wed Jan 17 22:44:23 2018] Cactiikii smashes YOU for 25041 points of damage.
    [Wed Jan 17 22:44:23 2018] Cactiikii smashes YOU for 78464 points of damage.
    [Wed Jan 17 22:44:25 2018] Cactiikii smashes YOU for 51635 points of damage.
    [Wed Jan 17 22:44:25 2018] Cactiikii smashes YOU for 14003 points of damage.
    [Wed Jan 17 22:44:27 2018] Cactiikii smashes YOU for 86129 points of damage.
    [Wed Jan 17 22:44:27 2018] Cactiikii smashes YOU for 82296 points of damage.
    [Wed Jan 17 22:44:27 2018] Cactiikii smashes YOU for 78464 points of damage.
    [Wed Jan 17 22:44:27 2018] Cactiikii smashes YOU for 78464 points of damage.
    [Wed Jan 17 23:00:00 2018] Cactiikii smashes YOU for 12956 points of damage.
    [Wed Jan 17 23:00:00 2018] Cactiikii smashes YOU for 58833 points of damage.
    [Wed Jan 17 23:00:01 2018] Cactiikii smashes YOU for 49002 points of damage.
    [Wed Jan 17 23:00:02 2018] Cactiikii smashes YOU for 75218 points of damage.

That 325,353 round was a doozy.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Tucoh like this.
  2. Truth New Member

Daybreak. Get your head out of your arses and fix ALL the damn missions, make them winnable by group geared groups, and boxxers OR I'M TAKING MY GAMING DOLLARS ELSEWHERE!!!
  3. Slayerwolf Elder

Yes, I've canceled my auto-renew and am patiently waiting for a redo. They were headed in the right direction with RoS. All they need to do is re-roll the HA changes and make RoS mobs hit for less (raid mobs can stay the same). To get scale touched gear (tier 1 RoS junk [have you seen those mods? they're about on par with lvl 95 group gear] drops from these missions. You're supposed to beat the mission and get an upgrade!!! How can you get an upgrade if you're full EoK raid geared.

Also, making old content scale to RoS is a BAD idea. Again, EoK was an excellent expansion, and I didn't hear any griping. If the devs only cater to the very hardcore raiders, then they're going to sink the ship. Those hardcore players may complain that content is "too easy," but I guarantee you they won't un-sub if the non-raid content was re-tuned (HA back to the way they were and mobs hitting for less in the group game). However, the casuals WILL and ARE unsubbing as I write this post.

I find myself now just feeling stressed when I play Everquest. It's supposed to be relaxing and MY OH MY.... FUN!!!! But, it's not fun at all when you're getting quadded for 50+k by named who have special abilities that eat your health in other ways. Again, learn from your successes and follow your strengths. Nobody will complain if you make RoS EoK 2.0. More spells (that do nothing different), more quests, more items, more levels, same difficulty. LOVE IT~! But, again, I feel like I'm probably talking to the wall.

I am afraid EQ may be sunsetting. Hope the devs realize what's happening before it's too late. And by too late I mean, game over.
    Pirlo likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Now try getting Atrocious or green thumb.
  5. bigpapa Augur

DO you think DB CARE ????
    I am someone who learn by my mystakes and not repeat them ,

DB ? don't make mistakes , it is working as intended , if top raiders who are already getting some ROS raid gears say it's beatable well , BD listening the top raiders now. even for entry zones
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THAT is sad , I see same thing with some of my friends .

top raiders who don't care for * weaker * players who pay a ,lot of $$$$ to DB don't seem to understand that if they quit , EQ end , make group game aimed for group box, every expansion I was able to do most ( 99 % ) tasks with my boxing crew , in ROS I know I can't do any of the HERO tasks now , no VP tooth key either . ( yeah my raiding shm got it ).

** make entry raids aimed at weaker guild too , for the 1st time since I play EQ as a raider , I don't have any Rank 3 spells yet and wont have until several ( many months ).
    I was used to be the 1st in guild to have my rk3 buff on 1st or 2nd week into a new expansion .....
  6. fransisco Augur

So, I think ZERO group content should be made for raiders.
    Raid gear is significantly better than the best group gear.
    Group content should assume no one is in a single peice of raid gear (new or old raid gear).
    Otherwise, its not group content, its raid content for 6 people.
  7. Cleaver Augur

The difficulty is being reduced. They just haven't posted it yet so all of your quitting threats are pointless.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I always thought that challenger-achievements were group content for raiders(and hardcore groupers).

Anyway, I think there are quite a few raiders who also do group content. There are some group rewards that are worth getting even for raiders, augs for example or various clickies...some also do hunter achievements...:)
  9. fransisco Augur

Source? They JUST released a patch in the last 24 hours making it far more difficult.

Aye, I didn't mean raiders shouldn't be allowed to do group content (they play too). I meant group content shouldn't be designed to significantly challenge them. Group content should be designed towards group gear.
    Gyurika Godofwar, DruidCT and Jumbur like this.
  10. Cleaver Augur

I love the idea of making raid gear scale to the zone :) Group zone it scales to the highest tier group gear :) God would people cry about that.
    kizant and Ratbo Peep like this.
  11. Tronda Journeyman

Lol... I summarize the posts, patches and successes of the last 2 months since the new expansion:

The best chance to get a new expansion going is:

1. Use every exploit to the max
    2. Risk a supension for two weeks
    3. After a catastrophic patch around 1-2 months after launch forget the stupid overtuned missions und play the fun parts with your new gear

Is that the way to go now?
    Because I have the strange feeling that if you didn't beat a new expansion in about 2 months there is always a patch which messes everything up and after about 8 months the the fixes of the fixes of the fixes could make the last expansion playable again for a bout 3-4 months...

I am off with that or is that what I experience...?!?
    Ratbo Peep and Metanis like this.
  12. Vdidar Augur

Almost every problem we have anymore is due to a complete lack of testing and listening to feedback so don’t expect any different results with this team.
  13. Ratbo Peep Augur

We can stop right here. That's one (quad) round.
    If anything more even needs to be said. Then all is indeed lost.
    -R
  14. Duhbeast Augur

So, the people in here complaining are mostly the people that blamed the *exploiters* and rubbed it in their faces huh. No, it wasn't the Devs lack of tuning or knowing how their game works. LuL.

[IMG]
    Warpeace likes this.
  15. Ratbo Peep Augur

OK - that was indeed funny. :D
    -R
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Ratbo Peep Augur

I never blamed "the exploiters" back when the "lockout thing" happened.
    How can you explain a raid Cactus wandering into a T1 group mission?
    I know you - your opinion matters to me.
    -R
    Rickoshay likes this.
  17. Nudia Augur

Ratbo - worth noting for the sake of completeness that I am not a tank (though I am a plate class - Cleric). Our tank said he was taking primarily 47K hits with one observed at, I think, 64K.

Also worth noting that I took that melee when our tank got shadow-stepped away. The second attempt (note the gap in time) was our tank getting shadow-stepped...on the other side of the wall.

We didn't have the right group, but could have gotten this down if we did. That said, we are a high end raid guild.

The irony surrounding this mission at this point is sweet and precious.

Needs fixed.
  18. Ratbo Peep Augur

Totally agreed. Out best (CTA) tank was reporting similar. He not only raids with CTA but also raids with Furro (Freelance). He's a good *player* and wise spender of DKP and raid currency. For the most part he's EOK raid geared and having all the "right augs" is a given.
    I had the opportunity to tank this "Very Fell Foliage" with a Ranger for a bit after the tank went down. Since Pureshot was running the Weaponshield disc was not instantly available, I had to stack "Outriders Evasion" and "Protection of the Spirit Wolf" to get some survivability. None the less, I was seeing some insane hits getting past. Mind you, I was running an Invested Honed Wurmslayer and EOK Raid shield at that time. So ya - I've seen first hand the POWER of this "Fell Foliage".
    This bastich really does "hit like a truck" LOL
    -R
    PS: IRL, I've been hit by truck (drunk driver - me on a stopped MC). I really KNOW of which I speak - LOL. :D
  19. Millianna Augur

How many group geared tanks have at least 250k HPS?
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  20. Stephen51 Augur

Pretty sneaky also, making it so you must have T2 EOK to make T1 ROS. Well you don't, you can buy T2 EOK with currency from ROS Missions. I personally replaced most of my EOK T2 with Old Seb stuff. If only I'd known.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Vdidar like this.