Cactus rethread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jadenpain, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Vdidar Augur

Thats not even a tune up thats a blown motor there
    Gyurika Godofwar and Ratbo Peep like this.
  2. Vdidar Augur

This isnt even remotely close to reasonable anymore though.
    Rickoshay and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Right, we were discussing prior to today. Guy was saying you needed a lot of dps to win prior which was beyond false.

Haven’t run it since the change but it sounds on par with Skyfire difficulty now? And that’s pretty dumb for a t1 zone.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Vdidar Augur

I cant really compare it to anything honestly. It was a gravy train before the patch which for a t1 mission meh ok. I don't want to be dramatic and act like this is something new but honestly I'd say 75 percent of the player population now will not be able to complete it. I feel like that is an honest assessment.
  5. Slayerwolf Elder

I feel like this is the Net Neutrality vote all over again. Devs are like Ajit Pai and the playerbase has no say. No taxation (subscription, marketplace purchases, etc) without representation. Change it back!!!!!! I'm triggered! :(
    Rickoshay likes this.
  6. fransisco Augur

Sorry if I came off overbearing Iblis, I'm just frustrated at the changes. However, there is no edit button on posts :(
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  7. gubman New Member

I am not saying this was a rightfull change or whatever, just that its really not as impossible as peeps try to make it using the same strat than prenerf.

We had no tracker, monk died after 30sec from...not sure lol maybe the DS (but also was some ae nuke prior to it) so we did most of it with 5.
    I was tanking so i cannot comment on how to find sprouts much but ench did it without trouble cycling npcs/F8 and such. From my view they werent visible (ie nothing shows up above the ground) while in early sprout stage, once they start growing out of the ground they have way (way) more hps but i wasnt that close to them, only saw assist ring.

After 2 wipes trying to kill grown up adds (wich ended with 80k hitter once discs were gone and did hurt, wipe at 15% ish as others stated) and thinking this was up killing sprouts asap (bet you can ignore first add while doing so) felt actually quite easy for us. Yes we have raidgear and whatever but as a guild we didnt beat EoK T3 yet so we really arent that far from RoS group geared peeps(we miss few eok raidslot gear still). Group was on the *uber* side to be honest (pretty much top players of the guild) but we are far (just a bit :D) from racing to the top =)

Setup in town, buff and co (only had cleric/enchs buffs), plant the thingy, kill sprouts, kill add, kill named. No invuln once they were dead, no bigger dot/ae than in previous state that we could see. 140s with good dps but we arent triality and didnt had 5 wizs burning (monk monk ench druid cleric pally) so surely can do it way faster with range dps only (melee dps arent to good at runnign around killing sprouts, especially when 1 of them is dead). Max hit was 33k under disc, far from the 78k we saw in previous attempts killing grown up adds. Actually felt *easy* after 2 wipes trying our best to keep up with adds and named dps.

Do i think this is bit up for T1? yes i do just like stupid SF zone and OT cactus nameds dots but i do think this is doable for a good casual group. And thats it, i am not designing those events just sharing the easiest way to beat it we found.

As it stand it did feel way easier than SF mission that can go wrong randomly with meteors and stupid silence, sprouts didnt repop for us and once they were down its felt just like the prenerf one, kill a not that hard named. Also note we planted the thingy inside town in open space to avoid screwups (roaming adds/stuff poping in buildings).
  8. gubman New Member

And yes i dont thing green thumb achiev will be doable (for 90% of peeps anyway) anymore with that change. Not killing sprout took us 7mins+ to have it at 15% and then it was way to hard to handle. Could always use discs differently and i bet a few will come say they did it but for majority of players this wont be an option.
  9. Feznik Elder

LoL you and the players have no say? You are a complete guppy if you think that.

Speak with your $$, that is your say. You and every player has always had that choice, but you are to addicted to the game to make it.:p
  10. Belexes ForumQuester

5 min? That is being way, way generous. You could ignore adds and just wipe out the named. I have seen times of 19 seconds to do mission.

Now you likely have to do the mission as planned, which is kill the adds that make named invulnerable instead of ignoring them and killing named.

It was a complete joke before. Now it takes a balanced group and coordination with some planning, just like a mission should be. No more gravy train for spells and augs and medallions. :)
    Sheex likes this.
  11. Cleaver Augur

You know it wouldnt be so harsh if melee could actually dps. These kind of missions are why we all know the devs do not actually play the content they create. Hey devs go try and dps this mission on a ranger/monk/rogue/zerker or melee on a tank while tanking the named.Agonizing Needles is the dumbest mechanic in the game. Just tell people dont play a melee dps because we created this mission for casters.
  12. Bregan D'aerthe Journeyman

Can we suspend who ever is responsible for this?
  13. Kacman Augur

A range fight with no new throwing weapons since RoF. 6 expansions and 10 levels ago.

devs need to get a clue on how the majority of the paying customers play.

Clue: we arw NOT all in top tier raid gear with full groupa of max AA players.
    Rickoshay likes this.
  14. Ratbo Peep Augur

OK. I've tried this mission three times now, and I must agree. It's better off BACK the way it was than like this. They swung the pendulum WAY too far. Our tank was mostly EOK raid geared and he was getting hit for like 30K through Culminating Stand and it only got worse from there! That prickly bastich is hitting almost like a raid mob now! (plus adds and Dot!) Judging from what I could tell, it seems the big guy got a whole lot more hit points in his pockets too.
    So it requires a lot more DPS to deal with the Boss and the "add mechanics" so there's no way to drop a DPS class to add a second cleric. Making the 3rd group member a Shammie or Druid is likely optimal so it can help heal the MT and throw some DoT's on the boss. But even set up that way with three DPS to fill out the group - there was no beating this!
    So were the Dev's THAT mad at the people that exploited the lockout, that we all have to suffer now?
    Our guild isn't touching this this until it's fixed.
    -Rat
    Rickoshay likes this.
  15. Metanis Bad Company

This will show all you exploiters that Daybreak Games is dead serious about giving their player base the goods, just good and hard.
    Vdidar likes this.
  16. Millianna Augur

I am not sure why we have to start this BS again, but it wasn’t an exploit. It was multiple bad business decisions DBG that made this mission a problem. Now, they are punishing the rest of the players for bad content design.
    Pirlo, Rickoshay and Metanis like this.
  17. Cleaver Augur

They're reducing the difficulty so who cares.
  18. Vdidar Augur

Go on.....
    Fnyanea likes this.
  19. Fnyanea Augur

According to?
  20. Cleaver Augur

Im a fortune teller give it a few hrs :cool: