Buffed Luclin NPCs on Progression servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Prathun, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Olostin New Member

Hell with it lets just do MotM on every expansions bosses, I can't wait to see OMM in omens of war with 500 trillion hp, and lev 70's doing 5 points of damage. While we are at it lets put MotM on all the named mobs in the game, i'd love to see 100's of lev 10's trying to kill Emp Crush..lol
    JustACleric likes this.
  2. Silinius Augur

Although I'm a bit concerned with the bosses in Vex Thal. I really hope that the health increases aren't going to be quite as bad as Velious/Kunark, I mean a challenge is cool, spending an hour killing a pool of ooze is not.
  3. Weebles Augur

STOP BUFFING MOBS.
    Friday and Trevalon like this.
  4. Healiez Augur

lets buff the damage of a mob that could already oneround a defensived tank. Good thinking DBG

How much of a decrease in damage will MotMIV be?

Hitting for 16 or backstabbing for 120 with an epic is super fun
  5. Trevalon Augur

Gonna have to agree here Prathun. I think Luclin should be where MOTM stops (No MOTM on Luclin that is). These mobs already have an ungodly amount of hit points and take forever to freaking kill there really is no reason to make them any longer than they already are.

I hope yall rethink the Luclin changes and just stop MOTM...If you insist on buffing Luclin then it should definitely stop in PoP as player power starts becoming more reasonably mitigated by that time.

So I agree with Weebles:

#stopluclinmotm
  6. Healiez Augur

dont forget to ungimp pets in luclin... That is when the original pet buff occured.
  7. Vaclav Augur

Well due to /pick there's gotta be SOMETHING to flag them to not spawn in /pick.

Perhaps "Solace of the Mighty" - a buff that does nothing but prevents it from spawning in /pick. Zero adjustments otherwise.
  8. Trevalon Augur

That's fine, but adding MOTM to Luclin mobs that can already take an hour to kill is pretty ridiculous imo.
    Vaclav likes this.
  9. -wycca Augur

I'm not sure HP buffs are super needed. I think pets should also be un-nerfed. I'm a fan of dps adjustments on the bosses personally - those I'm fine with in Luclin/Pop, given how easy the content has been on prior TLP's.
  10. Machen New Member

They said when they gimped pets that it would only affect servers until luclin is released. So should be good to go on that count.
  11. Vaclav Augur

IIRC the phrasing was ambiguous - some people seemed to take it as "with Luclin" others as "pet spells available Luclin+"
  12. baider Elder

Why do people complain about these fights being long? and omg a 45 min fight? Back when these came out it would often be a 1hr-2hr fight, hell AoW used to take 3 hours to kill sometimes.

That was one of the fun things about raiding back then, you would invest a lot of time in that kill and feel much better about defeating it. When PoP comes out it all gets better again and goes back to 10 -15 min fights.
  13. Prathun Developer

Magician and Necromancer pet NPCs will have higher stats when Luclin has unlocked on the server. The reduction in stats is lessened as each expansion unlocks up until Luclin, where it remains the same until LDoN. When LDoN unlocks, pet NPCs will use their base stats.

The patch notes read:
    Returned the defensive skill values of level 1-65 magician and necromancer pets to the values they had prior to the May 2015 patch, putting them more in line with the power curve of the era. The skill values will return to the modern curve when LDoN unlocks on the server. These changes have no impact on other live servers.
    Vaclav likes this.
  14. Protocol Dragon Defender

Prathun, go home it's a Friday night bro! You're working too hard.
    Prathun likes this.
  15. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I'm going to assume you're not trolling, but even if it took some guilds 3 hours to finally kill AoW due to wipes, I guarantee that zero guilds have ever wailed on AoW for a full 3 hours of sustained combat before finally killing him. The longest fight in EQ history that I'm aware of is the multi-guild (180 players) Kerafym fights on Rallos Zek. According to the cited record, the first attempt last three hours and fifteen minutes and the second, successful, attempt lasted just shy of three hours. This was a mob evidently between 100 million and 400 million hitpoints. So please do not say that it used to take guilds 3 hours to kill AoW - that's flagrant exaggeration.

Thankfully even MotM buffs don't put these mobs anywhere near Kerafym level's, but that doesn't mean we want (or need) ridiculously long fights.
  16. Tieyla Elder

I can't wait to try these buffed bosses, just like I can't wait to try the Velious ones after Scrubwind got them nerfed.
  17. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

As you're tuning all of this, please just try to remember the history of the TLP servers and what prompted all this in the first place. On Fippy and Vulak, shadowknight armies were used to instantly kill Classic+Kunark raid mobs, and even after HT was nerfed mobs were poop socked until Luclin (but in Luclin only Seru and Emp were poop socked). On Ragefire and Lockjaw, pets were so powerful that guilds were able to "pet-wall" raid mobs in Classic. I was there for all of this on Fippy and Ragefure; it's firsthand, not hearsay. This is true of many active posters around here.

I understand scaling the pet power through LDoN (or Luclin - I don't really understand your wording), but I don't understand why mobs which were never poopsocked/insta-killed to begin with are receiving significant hitpoint, damage, and mitigation buffs. If we were talking about boosts in the 5% - 15% range, I could probably go for that, but mobs are still obviously buffed way beyond those figures.
  18. TheMaxium New Member

How about you stop buffing mobs...
  19. Dobs Elder

Does this mean that we'll see expeditions on mentioned targets in Luclin on Ragefire?
  20. Bewts Augur

Lcea tosses out dictate, a charm that is unresistable. Buffing a charming mob? That should prove interesting if you cut paste motmIV on Lcea. Trash loot for the effort unless you get the stupid stupid stupid rare mask. The charm is enough to deter anyone from bothering. Lack of loot for effort is a bigger deterrence. Tossing motmIV on Lcea too? Who's going to bother?

Emp and LIS require bane weapons to begin with. Raid DPS is already suffering due to that fact. In fact, pets seem to be pretty strong on these bane mobs. Except they're nerfed to hell with motm.,.

SK are a choice tank for LIS due to their aggro generation as LIS has that brutal stun. Problem is, they cannot disc defensive which seems to be all but required on motm for in-era targets.

TL;DR:
    Re-think copy / paste motmIV and consider encounters and how they can be approached before blindly tossing the same buff on all mobs.

Failing to get this right on Ragefire is one thing. Waiting a month to fix it is another. But screwing this up on Phinny (Don't play there) with their preset unlocks is something entirely different.

Also consider VT key bottlenecks, there's plenty of them to watch out for excluding simply trying to down motm mobs holding Luclinite orbs.

Lastly: please don't up BL pets. BL, based on their hydrid classes have to balance pet tanking with tanking themselves. BL have no option to root, snare or fear and their self heals are designed for downtime, not in the middle of combat. That is what they got pet heals for. If BL pets tank anything near Mage or necro pets, you've broken the class.