Bristle-RoV just had Arx2 raid bug after a wipe and give us a chest and lockouts.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arwyn-RoV, Nov 19, 2014.

1. KreacherX New Member

It's easier to follow you around on the boards than following you around in your guilds/servers.
    Vexed likes this.
  2. cowyn New Member

Bad Explanation. Wasn't a "wipe" was killing totems/started fine and was in good shape at start. Event just despawned randomly and popped a chest.

Question for the 4some that finished. Did you ever wipe on Phase 3, or did you win the event the first time you got that far.

For Developer:
    Bug might have been linked to the fact the raid bugged out slightly earlier. We killed a Phase 1 mob that needed to respawn. But Phase 2 Started. Then the Phase 1 mob respawned.
    We killed it while doing phase 2. But hindsight says the raid was already off-book
  3. Pwnography Augur

We've wiped in phase three once, with no bugged win associated with it. Thankfully whatever happened isn't every single time. You now have me dreading going back after the holidays, though. This sounds like another bad night waiting to happen.
  4. Deillusional Augur

On raid 3, we wiped to phase 3 a couple of times the other day, and didn't get a bugged win, and went and oneshotted it on the next. Raid 4 we have wiped numerous times without a bugged win along with every other guild excpet ROI who probably didnt wipe (and believe IL won it now too but would still wipe at a guess!).
  5. Axxius Augur

We've wiped to AM3 and AM4 (a few times) but never got a bugged win either. It's probably random or depends on server lag. But since all these events are made by the same designer and include a common reset condition (FV dies), they probably all share the same bugged reset script, so it can happen in any of these raids.
  6. cowyn New Member

Thanks for replies. But it did not really answer the follow up question is did you beat Event3 on the first time you got to phase 3.

Like if the first time we get back to phase 3 when lockout is up, if we complete it on that same run or even 2nd run (we would have had time for 1 more last night max)

Would the proper thing to consider last night the win date, or actual win date.

Theoretical Question until actual win.
  7. Raynrace Augur

We had an AMAZING bug last night in AM3...

Killed phase 1, killed phase 2 (had a few corpses laying on the ground)

Phase 3 starts, NOONE died in phase 3 and as soon as it pops every single corpse on the ground got an add.

It was awesome, thought no adds popped unless someone actually died in the phase...

Oh well, if its a real mechanic of the raid well adjust but if its a bug, rack up another one.

Yay!
    Iila and Elricvonclief like this.
  8. Axxius Augur

It's not a bug. P3 totems 'raise' corpses as undead. If you were raiding back in SoF, Meldrath did the same.
  9. Raynrace Augur

I get that part, the question is they didn't die during that phase.

They died in phase 2 (heal totem) just hadn't been rezzed yet.
  10. Axxius Augur

That's part of the challenge. If you want to rez people in P2 you have to take care of the P2 totems. And you probably don't want to start P3 with unrezzed corpses still lying around. P3 totems don't care when they died. Corpse = add.
  11. Raynrace Augur

Actually that wasn't part of the developers write up from beta. We only tested raid 1 so were learning.

This is from Absor

Four totems spawn that create undead (humanoids from Phase 1) every time a PC dies in the area.
    o Totems can be killed by beating them up
    o The totems put a buff on players in it, and if they die with that buff they get turned into undead

Nowhere does it say every corpse in the room receives the buff from previous phases. This also means any called players corpses will also create an add.

I guess I just disagree Axxius.

If they changed it, no sweat, we will change it up and solve it.

Seems like a bug to me based on what I have experienced.
  12. Axxius Augur

I don't remember seeing any buffs from P3 totems. The implementation of this mechanic probably changed during beta. Initially those totems didn't seem to do anything. Then they got some broken auras pulsing 27k dd x 4. Then it was changed again. I guess now they just check for any unrezzed corpses and spawn adds.
  13. Silentchaos Augur

Bug or inaccurate event description? The latter probably. Maybe the former, easy to get around either way. Takeaway: it lead to a pretty hilarious wipe.

Sucks about the bugged AM3 wipe/win, hope yall get it sorted.
  14. Hatsee Augur

The initial write ups mean almost nothing as they usually don't get updated as the event is tested and retuned.

However he did test it with us and we don't leave corpses sitting around almost ever so we wouldn't have seen this problem.
  15. Nenton Augur

For some reason, a developer actually bragged posted that they wasted spent the last month of 3 devs' time on the HA changes. Bugs be damned. There is experience to nerf.
  16. Deillusional Augur

Chest just depoped on us on Raid #2 win, It seems all corpses are depopped after a win, so if the chest was opened you lose the chest too.
    Iila likes this.
  17. Axxius Augur

Welcome to the club! :D
    You can get the loot by petitioning. And ban AE melee attacks at 5% to prevent this from happening again. It is indeed caused by killing the chest before the weird/unnecessary script that ports everybody out of the room after the win and destroys all corpses.
  18. wingz-83 Augur

It is that time of year after all!

19. Axxius Augur

Oh yeah, about the corpses in AM3... If anybody goes LD during P2 and dies (e.g. to the goo) - just prepare for adds in P3. Nothing you can do to prevent them. Would be nice if the script checked for the corpse owner's online status.
  20. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Same for is last night except it seems the gm's didn't respond until much later and apparently aren't going to give us a chest at all.