Bristle-RoV just had Arx2 raid bug after a wipe and give us a chest and lockouts.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arwyn-RoV, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Deillusional Augur

all our kills are legit, (but we haven't won 4 yet)
  2. Out_Riding Journeyman

lol - as if this thread is an informative contribution to the community? :rolleyes:

looks like a shameless recruitment plug. they're infamous for their recruitment techniques.
  3. Benzarden Augur

I think this thread was more of a way to vent frustration. Not sure how it could even be interpreted as a guild recruitment tool, unless someone is really jaded. I mean, we WIPED on the event.

"Come wipe on your first look at an event with RoV, have it bug out, and you will get a free lockout and loot which your guild leader essentially destroys." That is such a good recruitment slogan, it should go on our website's banner. You must work in marketing.
  4. Kravitz Augur

It would have been more standup if it was done humbly. Clearly the OP posted on the forums either for recruitment purposes or to grandiose about it. That is the only 2 reasons you can come too, since he already reported it to the devs and bugged it. But he couldn't leave it at that. So this isn't a "high road" but a marketing of their guild, or to grandize himself for his actions.
  5. Hatsee Augur

Actually as I've dealt with things like this before I think it was more about covering their rear. Partly out of respect for the community but mostly out of fear of the GM's taking action should they assume that the guild figured out how to trigger this and repeated it to get flags, keys, etc. As that should get them in trouble.

Usually though a pm to the devs and a petition is enough. But I don't know the specifics of the guild in question or how often they've ran into these end game raid bugs. If this is their first time then the reaction seems appropriate.
  6. Raynrace Augur

Pretty simple really, cover your butt number 1 and 2 it was a very frustrating situation.

This whole expansions lack of raid content is going to be a guild breaker.

To have such a small amount of raid content then to have it either be waaay overtuned or bugged out is enough to make people mad.

ROI will be done with the expansion this week, is it safe to say no more content for 11 months will be boring?

We wont be far behind them. The idea of doing the same 7 raids for a year dropping little gear and raid coin items being so expensive is maddening.

We wont be able to even get everyone in RK3 spells after a year... Lets not get into visible armor.

Some people just have to try to cause drama, I cant say what I think about you here. I would get in trouble.

Simply, grow up...
    Elricvonclief and Iila like this.
  7. Benzarden Augur

[IMG]
    Elricvonclief and Durris like this.
  8. Out_Riding Journeyman

Surely you'll agree that this 'public service announcement' for doing the right thing has put the OP and his guild in a favorable light (to some)? I don't work in marketing, but understand how it works.

The only benefit of posting a thread like this here is one of a self-serving nature. Opening a support ticket, petitioning/pm'ing devs and posting in the bug forum was all that was needed and would have covered their rears fully. But like Timmy G. once said, "never let a crisis go to waste" - in this case, it was a PR opportunity.

Yep, good on the OP. I just think it's sad that doing the right thing in life has become something that needs validation or applause... it should simply be the norm, with all else deserving scrutiny.

"True merit, like a river, the deeper it is, the less noise it makes." ~Edward Frederick Halifax

"Don't talk about yourself; it will be done when you leave." ~Wilson Mizner

This isn't hate. This is an essay on the qualities of humility and class. Sorry if it's lost on most of you.
  9. Pwnography Augur

Out_Riding,

The reason bugs get posted to the forums is because without visibility, things never get fixed. You seem to be oblivious to this fact. I petitioned the Shaman DA exploit nearly on CoTF release with reproduction instructions, and I was told to keep quiet and NOT post it publicly and they'd get around to it. I told them to come find me and I'd show them how to solo every single T1 raid event in RoF. Three months later, it was posted publicly here and hot-fixed within days by someone I knew. He was suspended for it. How about after the DA fix, you could still beam 80+ summoning mobs in Neriak at a time via DA+Silent Casting mechanics? I petitioned it. It took three months to fix. Why? It didn't go public.

I wasn't banned. I wasn't suspended. I was allowed to keep everything I received. That's the benefit of being the original petitioner and staying quiet for them. I was told point-blank in a response that more leniency is shown towards those who report these issues fully. When you bring things to the full attention of the community, SOE is forced to fix them quicker to avoid widespread abuse. A few players doing it? Doesn't really matter. Watch Kreacher follow me around on the boards complaining left and right about my 'clever use of game mechanics' like it's the end of the world. The truth is, I was just waiting for someone to fix exactly what I reported with reproduction instructions.

I'm just going to assume you're a nice guy and extremely oblivious to the obvious. Maybe you've never seen how slow the SOE bug-fix gears work, but without coming here and raising the visibility level, fixes get delayed by weeks, months, or even half a year. Anyone that's petitioned an obvious exploit understands this. You may just want to consider that if Arwyn didn't post it, I would have or any number of others in the guild would have. And, you know what, If I find out exactly how to duplicate it, I'll waltz on over here to the forums and tell you how to do it yourself. Why? Because that makes SOE put it at the top of the priority list.

G'head and try to spin this as a recruitment tactic - you're failing horribly. We have an uncomfortable 20+ bench some nights as it is. There isn't a massive conspiracy to get you and your friends. I'd feel better with getting you a 'jump to conclusions' mat than seeing you recruiting to any guild. That way, you may just actually have a percentage chance of being right about something instead of spouting whatever idiotic idea pops into your head. There is no PR tactic here. You know what we want? A night where bugs don't ruin everything. That isn't too much to ask, is it?

You wanna know some real issues? Here is the Pwnz guide to getting ahead in this expansion. Use with discretion:

Do we do these things? Absolutely not. It sounds boring. Have a lack of issue with abusing the system? Well, by all means, I just gave you a road-map.
  10. Volgare Journeyman

Not sure why they need to do any more recruiting, half the server is in the guild already.
    Zentara likes this.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Legit win tonight.
    Elricvonclief and Durris like this.
  12. Elricvonclief Augur

Beat it tonight, no issues.

Fun event, really liked it.
  13. Deillusional Augur

Congrats on your proper win, good luck on 3 and 4.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  14. Axxius Augur

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... we just had the opposite of RoV's case happen: we did AM2, a routine win, and got no chest. Got the lockout, currency, keys, achievements. But no chest.

Is there any way that TDS raids haven't bugged out yet?

[IMG]
  15. Edrick Augur

Congrats on your win!
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  16. Iila Augur

We haven't seen arx 5 yet!

New and exciting bugs await!
  17. Insaneox Augur

Arx 3 bugged for us last night!

Would be nice if they would work on fixing raid bugs instead of messing with experience in HA's!
    RPoo likes this.
  18. Edrick Augur

Need more details on what bugged means. Did you wipe and get a chest with lockout anyway?
  19. Insaneox Augur

Yes, got into phase 3 and something caused a wipe then gave us chest, key, coin, and lockout! This was reported in beta seems to not be fixed yet. Very frustrating working on getting all removed to give us a shot at it again tonight.
  20. Axxius Augur

That's where our chest went! :eek:

I stand corrected. Double facepalm is not enough to describe the state of Arx Mentis raids.

[IMG]
    Elricvonclief, Deillusional and Silv like this.