Bard DPS increase required..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hellboy007, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Hellboy007 Augur

EoK T2 Event 2

#1 Berserker + pets 211820k@(327895dps in 646s)
    #3 Shaman 158667k@(255503dps in 621s)
    #7 Ranger + pets 144996k@(226202dps in 641s)
    #12 Beastlord + pets 98130k@(153568dps in 639s)
    #13 Ranger + pets 96650k@(152685dps in 633s)
    #14 Shaman + pets 95447k@(153206dps in 623s)
    #18 Ranger 81933k@(129435dps in 633s)
    #20 Beastlord + pets 80439k@(124906dps in 644s)
    #21 Beastlord + pets 75037k@(117429dps in 639s)
    #23 Shaman 66694k@(111343dps in 599s)
    #28 Bard + pets 50344k@(78786dps in 639s)
    #31 Bard + pets 47577k@(73877dps in 644s)
    #33 Bard + pets 34661k@(53822dps in 644s)
  2. sojero One hit wonder

I am guessing #2, 4-6 are all warriors?

The eok t2 event 2 parse looks like it is going in the right direction. Bards could be a bit higher, but not much, maybe 20%. What is your problem with where they are? I would say that 20% is probably because your other melee are low and probably not clicking their stuff in coordination.

I can tell you ranger #7 needs to work with them other rangers, and your bsts look a bit low. Looks to me you have some room for improvement, and with that improvement your bards will come up too.
  3. Hellboy007 Augur

Im not showing all the other classes. and no tanks are not in the top ten. Though 2 tanks beat bards at ~90k dps on Event 2.

I can tell you that our lead Bst is probably one of the best..

I can tell you, that is pretty much all a bard can do and our ADPS melee groups are probably the best. Things are being clicked and things are being clicked at the proper time. Granted not #1 guild but top ten.

But, like i said, if some how a priest is deserving to be so high then i see absolutely ZERO reason why a bard should not see a significant bump to be competitive with other hybrids.

To include that top sham kept the group up during IIRC 3 waves of warcasters. no small feat healing wise and yet still able to produce those DPS numbers.

Not to mention being <~50% of top BL and Ranger is ridiculous. Considering what they both bring to the table ADPS wise.
  4. sojero One hit wonder

I am not trying to be mean, I am trying to help, and the warrior comment was a joke btw.

Your bards are only at around 70% of ours. So there is things they could be doing or others could be doing to up their dps a bit more.

As to the tanks, yeah they are more dps than bards currently, and always have been.

While I do agree bards need a boost, you have to accept the fact that they are jacks of all trades. They bring adps, they bring CC, they bring utility etc. Now we can also say that about bst and ranger, but not to the extent that bards can do it. I think bards need to be jumped around 20% overall, and if they can maneuver some type of lockout system for some of their other abilities, maybe a good 80-100% boost during that.

Bring bards up to around 115-120k sustained. especially since when they are doing some of the cc jobs etc, they cannot contribute nearly as much to the group.
    Derd likes this.
  5. Hellboy007 Augur

If you dont mind sharing some Parses show bards similar to what i did above.? Thanks
  6. sojero One hit wonder

I will ask the bards if they want to share them, I don't share their parses without their consent.
  7. Hellboy007 Augur

lol remove names.. what is this medical field? lol

why are parse are some sort of classified info?
  8. sojero One hit wonder

Not classified at all, its a respect thing. Also if they may want to post them and give context that I may not know. Some people would rather their parses do not get posted as to not outshine the masses and thus not get buffs or even worse, get a nerf.
  9. Hellboy007 Augur

respect? ohh boy do people really get all bent if their parses are shared?

and really i doubt you have any sort of parses that will result in a bard DPS nerf.

this game and its secrecy. :eek:

You can not easily make a claim with out some sort of honest attempt at showing data.
  10. sojero One hit wonder

Don't be so full of yourself. Yes its nice to have respect for the wishes of your guild mates. Same as they wont post my SK burns without my approval. Many classes have been nerfed based on what a few can do, oh hey Drogba.

I can easily make the claim. You are the one asking for boosts. I agree, but am telling you that your bards are low so your going off bad/low data. The boosts that I ask for would put them up where they are competitive with some of the other hybrids.
  11. Sliders Journeyman

The secrecy makes the game interesting. If you can just google literally everything, then why play in the first place? It's so much better to be the reason that you are good than to have allakhazam 2.0 be the reason you are good.
  12. Derd Augur

I won't say the things I don't want touched on bards, I just pray they aren't nerfed. Would another 10 to 20 k sustained and burst be nice sure, but don't screw up all the fun I have with my bard.
    sojero likes this.
  13. Zaviere Augur

Okay, I'll bite and share some recent personal parses.

Sul2 (Enslaver)

/4 Combined: A cherished guardian of Sul in 277s, 1552773k @5605680sdps --- #25 Katrax 22617k@81648sdps (83456dps in 271s) [1.46%]

Droga (Combined / Incarnate Only)

/4 Combined: A priest of Droga in 410s, 1469545k @3584257sdps --- #19 Katrax 30132k@73492sdps (74033dps in 407s) [2.05%]

/4 The Incarnate Droga in 219s, 867158k @3959623sdps --- #16 Katrax 20134k@91936sdps (104864dps in 192s) [2.32%]

Chardok1 (Combined / Prince Only)

/4 Combined: A master alchemist in 892s, 3819243k @4281663sdps --- #24 Katrax + pets 69054k@77415sdps (77851dps in 887s) [1.81%]

/4 Prince Selrach Di`Zok in 892s, 2616560k @2933363sdps --- #25 Katrax + pets 46686k@52339sdps (52634dps in 887s) [1.78%]

Chardok2 (Combined / Queen Only)

/4 Combined: A Di`Zok mender in 547s, 2316374k @4234687sdps --- #23 Katrax 44835k@81965sdps (84594dps in 530s) [1.94%]

/4 Queen Velazul Di`Zok in 544s, 1993350k @3664247sdps --- #21 Katrax 39243k@72139sdps (77403dps in 507s) [1.97%]

I'm only sharing my own parses, and not those of anyone else present in the raid that took these targets down, for obvious courtesy reasons. For reference, I was in a melee group for each of these fights that consisted of the following classes: SHM/BER/RNG/MNK/BST/BRD

While I elect not to show hard evidence of such, I can tell you (for those that choose to believe me) that, in every one of those complete parses, there was at least one ENC well above me DPS-wise. In some instances, a SHM/PAL/WAR was as well.

Like I said previously, I'm all for a bump up in DPS as a Bard. It would make the class more satisfying to play, in my opinion. However, I DO think Bards COULD be in a much WORSE position than they are now. I consider myself to be a good Bard, and both gear optimize and play in a way that is meant to maximize my personal DPS without sacrificing any ADPS. Given the way things stand, I am usually satisfied with my numbers. But that's not to say I don't think the class could do for a boost. Tanks and healers shouldn't be able to out-DPS Bards. ENC I'm on the fence about in that respect, but if they have such high parse potential, Bards should definitely be higher than they are now as well.
  14. Hellboy007 Augur

your parse are very much similar to mine. Though, your guild is slightly faster killing than ours. which for bards the faster the fight the higher the event dps numbers will be for you. Though really that is the case for just about all classes as sustain is lower than burn and the less sustain you have to deal with the higher your numbers will be.

your group may have advantage over mine as you have a monk. monks are sort of rare for us and not entirely sure if they add more ADPS than say a rogue.

all in all i would be willing to bet your parses are at least 1/2 of that of any other well played hybrid and probably less than 1/5 of the zerkers. if your shamans were going ham they more than likely are at least doubling your DPS all while keeping your group up. Those tanks that were above you perhaps where in DPS mode and approx 1.2 -1.5x more dps than you.

also really not sure what courtesy one would be providing by not showing others parses. I could understand names but those are easily removed.

all the "don't ask, don't tell" stuff is strange to me. i guess everyone is so fearful of the old DBG nerf bat.
  15. Xanathol Augur

lol
  16. fransisco Augur

Says the person who thinks tanks should be dps classes, but no dps is allowed to tank
  17. Sancus Augur

Quite frankly it isn't your call to make. There are plenty of valid reasons to not want parses (anonymous or otherwise) to be posted on the forums. You may not have a problem with your parses being posted, but that doesn't make it universally acceptable.

Personally, I would not want my parses posted, and certainly not without my consent. I am - justifiably - concerned about nerfs. This is especially true if the parses were used to further someone's personal opinion/agenda on balance. On top of that, many people don't maximize their DPS, and as such having their parses posted can elicit some pretty harsh criticism. That isn't as big a concern for me personally, but subjecting someone to that, even anonymously, without their consent seems wrong. This is especially true if you try to present their performance as an accurate reflection on class balance, since you're likely to be called out on it. You saw that yourself because many of your players are underperforming (*cough* Mages doing 1/2 of Wizards *cough*).

I'm sure there are other reasons too, but those were the ones that came to mind. My point is that there are valid reasons, and by not asking someone you're not even giving them a chance to voice theirs.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

*cough* shawl aug, rk2 spells *cough*?
  19. Sancus Augur

Joke's on you, I finished my shawl aug Sunday #only4yearslate
    IblisTheMage and Sheex like this.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]