Bans, Boxers, 3rd party programs, and EQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cheyana, Apr 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thancra Loladin

Don't use automaton. It's only you being dense on purpose that don't get it. There's 0 grey area. As for people trying to portray cheating as a way of playing the game: lol. People like you are a cancer for this game, killing it slowly, no matter how important you think you are with the cash you're giving each month. Here's your chocolate medal for paying a subscription.
    Petalonyx, Bigstomp and Benito like this.
  2. Sarrona Journeyman

Another troll I see. People have already pointed out how things that were "automation" such as autofire was taken from a bannable offence to a feature of the game. There is absolutely a grey area and rules are constantly shifting and changing for various reasons.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Outside auto fire is still bannable. The misinformation and disinformation in this thread is nothing short of astounding. False information is also very dangerous as it can get an unknowing player suspended or banned.
    Petalonyx likes this.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

This is 100% accurate?

It's BANNABLE as in first time ban? Not suspension?

This new rule that just came out, which was previously explicitly said by a dev to be allowed?

Should be even more fun to watch the ban waves!
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Your lies are astounding. You are blaming others for disinformation after starting with disinformation in your first sentance.

'Outside Auto Fire' (apparently you mean outside of the game?) is not 'bannable'.

Get your facts straight before your post disinformation about disinformation.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I have you on ignore but I am receiving notifications.

The term 'bannable' is defined by the possibility of a ban (and not automatic action). On the spectrum of bannable, a player is between 'not caught' to 'banned' with 'suspension' in between.
  7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

:rolleyes:
    Glad to see you got it 'straight' there.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

The logitech keyboard key repeating features would be considered "outside autofire" and is not cheating but may be perceived as such.

Unless of course the rules have changed since they have said it's okay.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I can mash multiple keys just as fast as I can mash a single key, if all I care about is speed it isn't that hard to mash multiple at the same time and a good keyboard can keep up with all the different keys being pressed at once. The purpose of a multibind is to make hitting those keys more efficient as you will still be limited by cast, recast and cooldowns in game no matter how fast you spam on you keyboard.

As for system I don't know anyone who is on a "witch hunt" about it, just that they are against advising people to use it unless the know what they are doing. That isn't the type of command that people should be using on a regular basis.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just because something is bannable doesn't mean that is the first step they go to in the punishment cycle.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Piestro was the CM from 2011 to 2014.

The rules posted a few weeks ago are up to date.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  12. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Your need to make that distinction now, rather than place it in your initial statement addressing the spread of misinformation, is quite telling, all on it's own.

Just keep talking.
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

As noted, yes the rules did change. With their strange grammatical construction "What Constitutes As Cheating".
  14. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I had a thread which talked about how to fish and check your free bag slots (using /system).

I was told that the devs expressly said this was allowed gameplay, and allowed on the forum.

Weeks later, that thread and another in which I updated the code to checking your bags (because they added two slots with the perks), were deleted.

Someone decided a perfectly innocent use of /system was some sort of cheating, and reported it.

And now the rules have explicitly been changed.

I get the distinct impression certain people are leading employees of the game around by the nose, to the tune of their own personal agenda. But then again, what's new right?

The Community Resource Council can't get started soon enough. Hopefully the sanctimonious blowhards won't try and fill the airwaves there too.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

those rules have been in the eula and tos for many years. No ever bothered to read them. last update was 2018 but it was nice of cl to post them here
    Benito likes this.
  16. uberkingkong Augur

The in game macro's only let you do 5 actions. They do not intend on people sitting in a zone foraging/fishing afk and come back to 300+ fishes/foraged items. Plus say you fished in a zone with angry mobs, autoloot while your mercs afk farmed for you.

Thats why they say the word "exploit", rather than a different word.
    afk leveling, farming, foraging, fishing. Thats exploiting the game.

There's always people who find the workaround to not be an exploit. Just listen in on the TLP servers chatter. Everyone knows they be sketchy but they found a work around, business as usual for them.

afk leveling, farming, foraging, fishing is different than skillups like swimming in place, and say you have 100,000 fish scales to combine, its ok afk that.

There's a reason why the tradeskill combine goes on forever until you have no more ingredients and the forage button does not, it only does it once just like fishing button does it once.
  17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

It literally wasn't disallowed until this recent change, which Benito and Waring acknowledge.
  18. ClosedSource Lorekeeper

Because it was nebulous garbage that allowed people to abuse players more than it helped prevent abuse. You could manipulate any scenario that you wanted to have legitimate players going about their business be the bad guy.
    Vumad likes this.
  19. Tygart Lorekeeper

A lot of folks getting suspended and we're talking loyal people that have played 20 plus years and never violated any EULA rules. They don't even get an explanation of why they were suspended either. While, I've never been suspended in the 19 years I've played EQ, it is quite worrisome how this company is handling the situation, especially with an outsourced customer service department given a generic guideline and auto afk checks asking stupid questions. This company can do whatever they want, but the attrition rate on the servers sooner or later will catch up and nobody to replace those lost. I know if this happened to me, I would never play again. Even if the players suspended were to be uplifted, I bet the flag remains on their account. Who wants to play a tainted account? Meanwhile, the same auto bot campers are still in game doing their thing and gloating how they know people. Go to any server and head to Shadow Valley. Additionally, folks box for various reasons and a lot have to do with tainted players and the monster mission fiasco years ago. Some folks need to be banned for the drama they cause on raids, events, and general chat abuse, but this company doesn't seem to care about it. You kill boxing in this game, you kill this game period.
    Imforfreedom likes this.
  20. Szilent Augur

This is a highly suspect assertion. It is immeasurably more likely that those claiming to be on the receiving end of an unfair action are dissembling as regards their innocence, to the degree that no case yet hasn't eventually involved phrases like "since last [some time]" or "but I didn't do [some particular action]" or "I only used the [some part]."
    Svann2, Bigstomp, Ozon and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.