Bans, Boxers, 3rd party programs, and EQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cheyana, Apr 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zemistheman New Member

Botters do not have any impact on krono prices for everyone.
    Supply and demand drive prices .....
    HowdidIendupback here is incorrect in that botters (as you call them) drive prices up.

As for cheaters - we ALL have cheated in EQ, I guess we all need to be suspended..........

It's ironic to see the mental justification of questionable actions while you are quick to condemn others for what you believe is a rightful injustice.

2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Lol.
    Prepared and Zemistheman like this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I had no idea about which post you where referring to or when it was posted, you could have prevented a lot of back and forth by providing a link to the post in question the very first time you attempted to quote it.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Darkpaw should threaten legal action before they go open source ("nearly complete").
    Derd likes this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If those botters are buying up the supply and turning around to sell them at higher prices I would say they have an impact on price.
    Derd likes this.
  6. Zemistheman New Member

Go to the baz and see barter buy prices.
    Next, go to general and see who is offering PL services.
    Any minute/day of the week you can go on any server and BUY a krono for the server average.

7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What exactly am I supposed to be seeing?
  8. Zemistheman New Member

I was only pointing out that not ALL korno being sold are bought on the low to "corner" the market and drive up prices.

9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

As I mentioned, it is your responsibility to know the rules.

When I mention a single line item rule, your supposed to know in your head already, yep, that's a rule.

I'm not clear why you keep saying you didn't even know the rules until an hour ago? That's on you. I'm not posting a link to the rules, that would be redundant.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And that misses the point that it is possible that the botters and people using automated gameplay to farm can do it on a much larger scale and have a larger impact on the market.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And as I mentioned I missed that part of the post when I read it which is why I didn't know what you are talking about. If you want to convince someone that something was posted a very quick way to do that is to link to the post in question.
  12. Zemistheman New Member

You are looking at this from a one-sided (bias) view and I get that.

People who use programs - drive the economy on servers. We like to think it's the average player but we are kidding ourselves.
    You lose that player base - what do you lose (gradually) - items in the to start.
    People will want krono to buy the next great zone-wide rare or to sell for plat... as the supply dries up, the price will go high (no doubt about it)

This game of 23 years was built on an economy that was automated for many many years. Yank that rug out from under it - the economy is in trouble.

13. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Botting for sure has an impact on Krono prices, but it also has a big impact on bazaar prices. Did anyone notice how within a week or so of ToL launch there was people selling hundreds of TS drops from ToL when they are painfully slow to drop.

Not arguing for afk farming by any means, just pointing out that this all plays in to the game economy.

Also the fact that actual in game currency (platinum) is almost non-existent in recent expansions makes it a requirement to return to trivial content and mindlessly farm in order to build up the total amount of platinum available on the servers. I am sure most people that play have run low on plat and had to resort to farming Grounds or similar to get enough currency to work on a TS etc. It is these mind numbingly tedious tasks that help drive the demand for third party software.

Personally when I get low I buy a KR and sell it on the market (likely to a botter who afk farmed grey cons) as the ~$15USD is worth less than an hour of my time, let alone the ~24hrs it takes to farm $2.5M from trash.

To me high KR prices is a good thing, I get more plat to spend on TS items etc. Not sure why anyone other than a botter would pay for a sub with KR unless you got lucky with some drops or loot boxes in which case you would sell the item for a KR and the platinum value is irrelevant.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Drive the economy? Sounds like they are having an impact on it that players who don't use it can't compete with.
  15. Zemistheman New Member

Everyone has an opinion - EQ boards have not changed in 23 years......

I think Darkpaw should allow 3rd party software and take action against people who abuse it.
    I also think Darkpaw should work on server lag so that on raid nights it does not take 2.5 mins to zone

Imforfreedom and MacDubh like this.
  16. Zemistheman New Member

I think it was last year - the plat issue that inundated the servers with plat (I forget the details) but THAT event drove Krono prices more than botters.
    Ave price went from 2.2 million to 3.2 million in a week and there they remain
    The EQ economy was built on these farm groups - over years! This isn't a 6 month thing... this has been going on for years and exacerbated with the introduction of the Bazaar.
    With the introduction of the Krono in the store - Darkpaw turned a blind-eye for years as sales were up and profits looked great!

Accounts out there with 2-300+ krono .... where did they get these?
    Who benefited from the original krono purchase?
    How did an account get all of these?

The economics of EQ is interesting, if not rather painful to learn about. What the casual player wants to believe is that ALL of the items / collects they buy are from regular grinder - more times than not, they aren't. Let's be honest about this.

And yes, there are a handful of irresponsible people who abuse the software and give everyone a bad name... stupidity should be painful

17. Gormgeous Elder

Am I the only one that thinks that DBG already knows everyone who uses software to modify the client? There is a reason they went all soft handed and only did a 7 day suspension for single accounts and not by email. That reason is they want to show they are doing something without actually doing anything.

I've seen debugging help for automation in Rizlona general chat. Half the server just lost 1 character exactly to a 7 day suspension. If they were serious they'd ban by email, or at least suspend by email.

I am very pro automation on Rizlona while at the keyboard as Holly intended. The company stance seems to be changing though about it, which is sad because I'd prefer more Rizlona type servers.
  18. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

They got the list, they’re just not ready to lose the $$$. So, they suspend like 10-15% a month.
    Fenthen likes this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yet you claim in a previous post about all the harm removing them from the game will cause to the economy.
  20. Kindertime Journeyman

Watching the cheat software sites discord and seeing them talk about how they invest their money...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.