Autonomous Brokering in Rain of Fear

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Orablast Elder

I don't really care if it is not important to you. This is enough to make me quit after 3 years, so, yes, I am going to say whatever it takes to get this turned into a normal feature used by all for in game plat.

I have already listed the ways that it would be advantages to me, but, only if I am willing to spend the extra $$, eh.
  2. Tarrin Augur

And like I said before...anyone who quits over not having a bazaar item instantly appear on their cursor was already looking to quit.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  3. Orablast Elder

Quit acting like you know everything, because you obviously do not, and you do not care about anyone but yourself enough to pay attention. This is the typical attitude of your average EQ player.

It was obviously a build-up that lead to this moment and the realization is finally setting in, that I just wasted a ton of money and time on trying to build-up a character for the past 3 years only to be knocked down by greed of this company.

I guess I am just not willing to spend as much $$ as they wish I would.
  4. Aeia New Member

I like this system very much; I've been waiting for offline trading for a long time!

I also like the ability to choose whether to run to bazaar, or to buy the item directly for the extra fee. I don't think I'll use the expedited delivery - but who knows... Thanks for giving us the choice again!
    Duftin likes this.
  5. Tarrin Augur

Good thing you aren't forced to spend ANY money on the new bazaar system.

Personally, I won't be. I doubt I'll even use the parcel for plat option.

Thanks for trying to generalize my personality in a way I haven't shown at all. Nothing I have said has a selfish me first attitude. I have only been pointing out that the bazaar issue does not give anything but convenience. If you don't want to pay for it...don't pay for it and continue to do what you've done for the last 3 years ( which is what I plan to do ) when you want to buy something from the bazaar.

Not having your bazaar items on your cursor really knocked you down? I would check and confirm your footing was solid to begin with.
  6. Orablast Elder

Your selfishness is showing even now. Just because it does not affect you, then that must mean it should not affect anybody else, am I right? In every answer you give, it is always about your experience. You could really care less how it would affect someone else, unless it somehow cuts into your game-time or personal experience. You have not once placed yourself in the shoes of someone else. So, yes, I would say that makes you pretty selfish person.
  7. Tarrin Augur

I am sorry I can only comment on my experience. I will spend the next 20 minutes trying to absorb your 3 years of EQ playtime experience into my collective so that I can comment on your experiences.
  8. Orablast Elder

I doubt you will ever get it, because you keep trying to draw the same conclusion and that is all about this one feature, but you are not wise enough to see the pattern taking place here. Alas, I will keep trying, and eventually your thick head will get it.
  9. Tarrin Augur

There is no pattern. I am a bit of a patternologist. I know these things.

I really wish you wouldn't lower yourself to personal insults. I have refrained pretty well myself!
  10. Vouivre Augur

Or perhaps since you have said numerous times now that you are quitting you could let it go since it won't matter to you any more?
  11. Piestro Augur

There isn't an "advantage". You will be able to buy exactly the same amount of items in other methods. It will require forethought, just as it does now, but this is not an advantage. I understand you (and others with similar opinions) may be frustrated by this choice. That being said this is not a choice that would have been offered to you otherwise. If you don't want it, ignore that it exists at all.

I don't see myself using this option much, but it's there if I want it. The costs are specified up front. It's now completely up to me. The ability to see bazaar prices anywhere in game is what really excites me about this feature. Now that's a big change that will impact my day to day playing.

Thanks,
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  12. Orablast Elder

As I have said, I do very much want the ability to have items delivered to my inventory, but I do not feel that it is fair to charge me extra $$ for each item delivered after paying the subscription fee & expansion fee.

Perhaps it can be only a one time fee per character to have items delivered to our inventory, such as the extra merc slots & hero forge.
  13. Delfino New Member

If they don't charge a convenience price to have things delivered to your cursor then there is no reason to ever step foot into the bazaar unless you are selling something or wanting to set up a barter. A one time purchase would have to be substantially large to make up for all the purchases you would have to do via running to the bazaar or paying the platinum price to have it sent to a parcel npc.

It does not make sense to have an item to cursor delivery system that is not based on micro-transactions, either from a business sense or a convience sense for reality-based consumers. Those that decide to buy items from the bazaar, with real life money or saved up free monthly SC, have the ability to purchase an item before you can run to the bazaar. If that's an "advantage" you can't deal with, then you need to execute your plan to quit and walk away. SOE made their decision on how to approach this. It's up to you to actually quit or deal with it. I say good day.
  14. Vouivre Augur

And this would hurt what? This isn't Walmart where they position things at the checkout to entice you into buying more than you came for or a grocery store that places things strategically to make you hungry so you buy more. I have few times in my thousands upon thousands of visits to the bazaar been enticed by something else I saw in someone's inventory.

It is what it is, but not visiting the bazaar is a ridiculous argument.
  15. Delfino New Member

The system we've had since Luclin has remained the same, save for bartering. If they are going to charge us platinum to have it sent to a parcel npc, then the price to send it directly to the player has to be substantially more. Otherwise, they should redo the entire selling system for EQ. Having no significant cost for convenience negates the entire point of having the bazaar zone. Not having to leave the zone you are in to buy something directly from the bazaar should require some sort of relative cost.

Your point is more of an argument for changing how the present selling / buying system works. Not an argument against what SOE has decdided to due with the present system. Are you suggesting that it should be dirt cheap for players to have items delivered directly to them in game with little to no incentive to continue to use the system that is presently in place?
  16. Vouivre Augur

I don't care one way or another really for charging SC for direct delivery. If they want to do so then fine. I think the plat charge for having it delivered by mail is stupid and just another poorly thought out plat sink that is what all of EQ is becoming, but lots of people have more plat then sense it seems.

Regardless, causing people to rarely visit the bazaar would hurt nothing at all. It could happen now with these changes. Why visit the bazaar if you can have it delivered immediately to your parcel box, and pick it up at your convenience? Even better if you buy more than one item while shopping! People not visiting the bazaar will do nothing at all.
  17. Lily Augur

Every other game I've played has either charged the buyer or the seller. What's the big deal? For years, we've never paid anything. Now you'll have the convenience of selling offline for no additional cost. You'll have the ability to search the bazaar from anywhere in the game, potentially saving you a trip to the bazaar, for no additional cost. Gee, if you're too lazy to go pick up your purchase, you're going to have to pay a little game currency - just like other games. Having it appear on your cursor is a perk, like anything else you buy in the Markeplace.
  18. Orablast Elder

19. Nolrog Augur

See, this is where you lose me. You don't have to pay for those things to play the game. Do you need the $20 mount in WoW to be able to play? No you don't. Do you need Hero's Forge to be able to play? No you don't. You can choose to pay for those things or not and either way, it has zero impact.
  20. savrin Augur

I rather like the direct delivery option. I don't see it as costing $$ because its SC. I pay for gold account and get 500 sc monthly so I assume that will be enough to cover the cost for this unless its very expensive.

Those who are FTP, this is another incentive to go gold so they don't have to pay $$ for this nice service. Lets stop bashing them for the SC needed to get direct delivery until we know exactly how much it costs. Because if its like 100 sc for one delivery I am cool with it. 1000 sc would be bad though and we don't even know what the pricing will be yet.

No one needs to use it though, it just means we don't have to leave our grind groups to purchase gear either by going to baz or parcel npc. And many people will like that.