Autonomous Brokering in Rain of Fear

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Orablast Elder

Honestly guys, I've already decided to quit, so I am not sure why you insist on insulting my opinion even more.

Obviously, there are plenty of players out there who are OK with paying whatever is necessary to play this game, so I doubt that my opinion is not going to change anything.

I had a good run for a few years, but this is no longer a game I can stand behind or even ask my friends & family to play.

I am not willing to support a game with monthly fees & full priced expansions, and then be told that I need to pay extra per use for the game features. Again, it is about principle.
  2. Tarrin Augur

I am not insulting your opinion. I am merely showing that the long list of features you have allegedly had to triple pay for merely does not exist in the context you are describing. If you are done with EQ, I wish you the best. I just disagreed with the notion that we *have* to pay extra for features regularly.
  3. Nolrog Augur

Why would you ever think you were already paying to have something delivered to you anywhere in the world?
  4. Orablast Elder

The list will only grow in time. And the features described do greatly enhance and improve the enjoyment of the game. They are more than just fluff, which is why SoE has decided to charge more to unlock them in marketplace for gold account members.

We already paid for the feature with the monthly fee or when we purchased the expansion. It then becomes triple pay when we still have to unlock it with an extra $$ in marketplace.

Otherwise, should not the feature should come with the original game to be unlocked through marketplace. Why should it require the original game, plus the latest expansion, and then purchase the unlock in marketplace?
  5. Orablast Elder

I love how the word entitlement gets thrown around every time someone has an opinion that differs with the usual crowd that post here. You cannot speak up if you are free to play, and now you can't speak up if you are a gold member, either. Asking for reduction in price & fees is now considering entitled, eh?

As someone who has played for the last 3 years trying to catch up with the raiding game, I will say it is no longer worth subscribing to this game and dealing with this player base, or the business decisions recently being made by this company.

We are being forced to pay full price subscription fees 13 years later. We are forced to pay full price expansion fees 13 years later. And now, we have to pay extra to unlock these new features, even as a subscription based customer. And if we don't like it, we are then told to go bronze and give up everything we have worked for.

And I am the entitled one here, eh. Goodness, SoE has us fooled worse than I thought.
  6. Orablast Elder

let us consider for a moment that I have a friend who wants to come back as an 80+ cleric with over 1k aa. He will most likely need a gold account to enjoy his play time. $15.

I want my friend to join me in my guild halls and have the ability to port to the guild halls with port anchors.$40 for VoA.

Next, my friend should be able to enjoy his play time whether he solos, groups, or raids, but in order to achieve this fairly nowadays, he will need more than just 1 merc available to him. $15 for 2 mercs?

RoF is released. $40

My friend is still low level and we are still out in the world grinding, and it sure would be nice to have items bought in bazaar delivered to our inventory while we are out in the world enjoying ourselves. $2 per transaction, because I am the greedy one, eh.

So again, a returning player will most likely fork over around $100 in less than 3 months, yet, you give me a hard time because you think all I want is free stuff after spending $1000 on this game in less than 3 years?

No wonder this player base is dying off so quickly.
  7. Riou EQResource

Depends when they wanted VoA, if it was close to RoF you should have told them to wait it out

You can get mercenary slots for free, by doing a repeatable quest in game

You also can also use your 500 SC free per month from being a gold member to get the instant bazaar stuff
  8. Orablast Elder

I suppose my friend should work on tradeskills for the next few months instead of grouping with his friends. And it sure would be easier to work on those tradeskills by spending the extra $$ on having bazaar bought items delivered to our inventory, as well.

Like rats in a maze, but at the end, the cheese will cost you $2.
  9. Gendor Journeyman

I don't get it. Why are people complaining?
    A) You can now start your trader and log off the computer and leave trader or buyer up. that's great.
    B) You can now look for items in the bazaar without having to run there or ask your friends if anybody is in the bazaar and if they can look something up before you run there. that's great.
    C) For small fee you can have it delivered to parcel merchant instead of running to the bazz or if you really want to be lazy you can pay to have it delivered to your cursor. So there are more options now.

Personally I'll look to see if there is something I need or want, and if it's available at the right price run to purchase it. I think SOE took into account the fumble they did on being able to hire more merchants and guild houses. They had promised something would be part of the expansion, and then charged for it. This is not the case here. We wanted off line bartering. We got it. And we got the ability to search for bartered items while in any zone. So that's a plus.
  10. Diptera Augur

Having seen the results, I'm quite glad that Hero's Forge is paid fluff... Had it come with an expansion, I would have hated the thought of having paid for that rubbish...
  11. Orablast Elder

Let us talk about hero forge and our monthly SC allowance for a minute.

This community thinks that it is fair to charge gold account subscribers $15 per character for hero forge?

WE have 8 slots for characters, so, $120 to buy hero forge for each character seems legit to you all?

I guess I could always save my SC for 24 months.

In essence, SOE has found a way to give you the same thing they have always given you, but now they charge you triple for it.
  12. Vouivre Augur

Unless you don't have a recurring subscription, then your money isn't as good as everyone else's and you don't get free SC every month.
  13. Piestro Augur

Please start a new thread for this topic. That is not related to the topic of discussion in this official thread.
  14. Orablast Elder

I would say that my breakdown of the hero forge pricing is relevant to my point. Someone asked for me to explain what it is that I am complaining about and I am trying to do exactly that.

Basically, I am tired of being triple billed for features, whether it is convenient or not, it is still a feature, and one that I do absolutely do indeed feel entitled to have after paying full subscription price to help support the game, plus, I paid full expansion price to help support to game features that came with it, plus spend $$ on fluff in the marketplace to help support the game.

I speak for myself here, buying items in bazaar and then having that item delivered to my inventory would be a very important feature for me to have. I have always loved trading in the bazaar, and I regularly keep a bazaar mule in the evenings.

SoE has enticed us with the option to stay competitive in the bazaar with buying items with our main character while farming, raiding, grinding, etc. But, I do not want to spend extra $$ each time I want items delivered to my inventory. I would rather it just be a one time extra fee, like with hero forge, merc slots, and guild halls. In reality, it should only cost plat, imo.

I do not feel like this makes me entitled, because it is such a small thing to ask, especially after being asked to triple pay for features in the past, which I may have resisted at first, but still end up paying the price. But a micro transaction fee per use is taking a bit far, dontcha think?
  15. strongbus Augur

Orablast name one game out there that has dose this for free or with in game money. every game i have ever played has made it so it cost real money to have the item sent to you where ever you are. Every other game sends it to your mailbox. Now other games that i have played charge the seller a few for doing the transaction. Everquest just changed that around to charge the buyer for the transaction. They are just coping what other games have done. Whats so wrong with the way they have done it.
  16. Orablast Elder

This is the first game I have played that wants to charge me $$ for a micro-transaction features, after paying expansion fee, and subscription fee, so I am not sure what other games you are talking about.

I have been playing EQ for the past 3 years. The last game before this one was Aion, and I only had to pay for the game and subscription fee and I was not charged extra $$ for features or conveniences.

The last game I played before Aion was WoW, and the last time I played WoW I only had to pay for expansions & subscriptions. I don't know if Blizzard has changed their policy and charge extra beyond subscription & expansion cost for features & conveniences.
  17. Orablast Elder

Is our community under the impression that if we don't make these sacrifices and pay micro-transaction fees, plus subscription fees, plus full priced expansion fees, that we are in danger of having our servers shutdown?
  18. Piestro Augur

They shouldn't be.

This is extra functionality that wouldn't have been added otherwise. Each person can make their own choice on whether or not to use it. It's up to them. Offline trading would have been added without the delivery feature, and that would have been that. This way people can choose how valuable it is to them, and use it or not. Pretty simple.
  19. Orablast Elder

but this will give an advantage over the person willing to spend more money on each inventory delivered transaction. And now you will hold our features hostage for more $$ in the future it seems.
  20. Tarrin Augur

Holy cow. You are still going on about this?
    The advantage of buying stuff in bazaar is a convenience advantage.
    Whoop De Doo.
    It is not a pay to win advantage. It is not the only way to purchase form the bazaar. You are not forced to participate. It does not effect class balance.
    Vouivre likes this.