Autonomous Brokering in Rain of Fear

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Tegila Augur

up to now the ONLY cost of ingame currency, for the baz system beyond the actual items, was spending 1pp per bag to have trade satchels. granted i dont think 10% is appropriate for sending to parcels, but i see no issue with the vouchers for to-cursor purchasing. if hteyre 1sc each buyable in stacks of 10 or 50 then fine. Being able to stay in your hall qhile preparing for a raid and buy that thing you forgot to grab earlier, and jsut grabbing it from the parcel dude (also in yoru hall if using housing halls) thats mroe than enough of a convenience to me. having to ask or answer pricechecks on items constnatly wont be needed anymore, having to go rot off your buffs to grab an item quick, having to run across howeverm any zones and through the portals and curved hallways in baz and getting stuck on the lights on teh wall lol..those things will no longer be necessary. however 10% for parceling..is ridiculous. 5% should be the max fee since we have gold silver and copper not just plat. or a per-transaction fee for delivery, whatever.

in rappelz you paid 17k ingame currency to buy a scroll that would open the auction house wehrever yo uwere, to buy adn to sell from. you paid the 17k once until you closed it. was high for a small transaction but low for most considering the economy there. (oh and you coudlnt even buy those scrolls without paying what is essentiailly a subscription for that time on their free game. but you can buy 3days 7 days 2 weeks a month or 3 months at a time from them, everything's done in their marketplace, and they never ever have double or triple redemption on cards, they just have sales. thats what eq should do, get rid of double and triple sc, jsut run sales in marketplace, and put the subscriptions and expansions back in, especially sicne expansions were PROMISED with the advent of f2p)

being that you will ahve to have rof to use offline trading i do think they should re-enable trading on silver accounts after a 1time fee, make it 1k sc fine, they wont be able to do it offline without also sinking hte money into the new expac, and the current system will be inferior by then.

i understand fully why the seller isnt the one getting charged any fees, since the buyer's the one that has to be flagged with RoF in order to use it outside baz, not the seller. seller only needs RoF to be offline.
  2. Piestro Augur

10% is the value we've set for now, this feature is currently in Beta. Hence the small disclaimer towards the end of the article. We're definitely still looking at feedback on this one.
  3. Xnao Augur

10% seems a little steep once you get up to 100k. Maybe make it 10% or 1k, whichever is cheaper.
    Ishtass and Mary Poppins like this.
  4. Vouivre Augur

Or you could just stop penalizing us every time we get something we have waited years to get.
    Ishtass and Mary Poppins like this.
  5. Eclipse23 New Member

So I cant have my trader in while I play the game? I've waited the entire time I've played EQ for this =( I just heard about offline trading and instantly came to check it out thinking omg FINALLY... this is crazy disappointing! I don't even mind a fee for delivery because you can still run to the bazaar and pick it up yourself and not pay that fee. But not being able to play and trade doesn't add anything for me as I log my trader in when I'm done playing... sad panda :(
  6. Xnao Augur

A layaway option would be cool for cheapskates who do not want to pay delivery. Let you pay for the item and have it go into a purgatory type thing in the zone, waiting for pickup.
  7. Kravitz Augur

I talked to several Dev's about implementing an auction house type system (similar to WoW or GW2) where the item is posted to the server instead of having to utilize your account, that wasn't the direction they wanted to take. This was mentioned several times over the past 2 years, but I am not sure how healthy the current direction they are taking now with RoF is healthy for the game. I was under the impression this was going to be free, but looks like micro-transactions is the future model.

An AH type system would have been the most fair route to go, but this method favors people with multiple accounts and who have the $$ to setup multiple traders/buyers.
  8. Tobynn Augur

Not quite. Subscriptions, plus expansions, plus megatransactions, plus microstransactions -- that's the future model. At least until they can figure out a fifth way to grab cash.
  9. Mrya New Member

I swear you guys will complain about anything.

Nothing has been taken away. If you don't like the new system then don't buy the new expansion and don't use the /bazaar feature. Leave your computer on all night and run the the bazaar each time.

Since nothing is being taken away only enhanced upon then it is a good thing. Stop acting like the little kid that comes down Christmas morning only to cry to Mommy and Daddy "I only got 50 Presents this year!!"
  10. iniari-TR Augur

Improved Brokering System – Sell items in the Bazaar while being offline! More flexibility as a buyer to search and purchase from anywhere in the world.

well they didnt say it wouldnt cost extra to purchase and get delivery from anywhere. thought that seemed to be the implication.

doesnt supprise me though , still waiting for the promised ship-to-ship fighting.
  11. Orablast Elder

Those of you who say we complain just don't get it, do you.

Since 2001, many people have paid $15 a month and bought new expansions with new features and rich new content for half price.

Here we are in 2012 still paying $15 a month, but now we pay full price for a cookie cutter expansion with the features gutted and then put on display in the marketplace for $12-15 extra dollars.

WE just want to receive what we pay for, but instead, the shareholders have found a gold mine with the marketplace, and they are sucking the goodness from our souls inch by inch each year.

SOE have managed to get their customers to say that we much pay $15 a month for access to the servers and to keep the lights on. And we need to pay hundreds extra to keep research & development going. But all I see R&D going towards is new ways to micro-transaction us in market place.

We know that corporate America CEO salaries are in the millions while normal working American salaries have not changed in 10 years or more. I am positive this ship would have sunk the minute it no longer turned a huge profit. But now, SOE share holders are just becoming too greedy.
  12. strongbus Augur

Those of you complaining bout the marketplace cost? Let me ask you one question. Is there a game out there right now that you can buy stuff form anywhere in the game and have it sent you where ever you are atm? I have never heard of or played one.

Every game I have played has always sent it to your house or mailed it to you and you had to go pick it up. EQ is doing the same thing. But they are offering a added bonus that if you want to buy some items form the marketplace then you can have it sent right to you. What is wrong with that? Now what would be nice is if the dervs decide to place the parcel guys/girls in more places. Such as maybe in zones that have camps of npc for quest and such. or maybe one here or there in other zones in some safe spot. Something where no matter where you are in the game you are no more then one or two zones form a parcel npc.

As for how they have it setup that if you have a trader on an account and you log another toon on I agree that is not a good setup. They should have done something like WOW or EQ2 where you can be selling stuff at the same time you are fighting.

As for the charge to buy an item. As I said up top. most games charge a fee for it, but the fee is charged to the person selling the item not the person buying it. So besides the fee amount I don't see much different about it besides that instead of the seller getting less for the item the buyer has to pay more.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If you don't purchase RoF can you still use the bazaar and purchase from those who are off line?
    I'm assuming none of the new features will be available, seeing baz in other zones etc...which is fine and how it should be. Just want to make sure that I will still be able to trade with those offline.
  14. Lighteningrod Augur

Without patching the clients to log in and refresh my memory on the exact details, Atlantica Online and Runes of Magic have very similar systems the new EQ bazaar. You can invest time and effort, go to town and shop in person and receive items via the regular mailbox without any real life money.

If one is so terribly impatient, unprepared or well-off they must have the item delivered to the cursor, they may invest real life money into a delivery token thingamajigy via micro-transaction.

If I recall correctly (I may not and be totally confused on which game I'm remembering), Runes of Magic requires a micro-transaction token to even be able to view the auction window from the field. Keeping in mind the new relationship between the RoM Devs and SOE, I'm surprised SOE didn't go further.

The bigger issue in my opinion is locking the off-line trading behind the new expansion. Field searching, cursor delivery, parcel delivery, by all means lock up the bells and whistles with a new expansion.

Locking up the ability to log out and turn of the computer is poor public policy, plain and simple.
  15. Rafather Augur

This is one of the main selling points to a very weak expansion that is giving us about as much as LDoN gave us. Now to even use part of it we have to pay an additional fee.

nickle and diming is bs soe. after taking millions from EQ to create EQ2 and now EQ3 do you think all the players that leave are going to play EQ3 and get the shaft all over again?
  16. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

This is nothing new for SOE. They have been locking features behind expansions for as long as I can remember. Oh and nerfing past expansion content in order to give the new expansion a fighting chance of sales. They thrive off this business model because people are so addicted to their games they will and moan but still fork over the cash. A hopeless addict.
  17. Bauer Augur

Great feature! Can't wait to use it! Thanks Sony.
    :)
  18. Vinney Augur

Example if I have 20 Distillate of Skinspikes XV @ 500p each and a player buys with voucher does it cost him 40 vouchers 2 for each or does the stack count as one....and if the players are buying vouchers to buy MY product because I am so wise and clever to figure out a demand...where is my %?
  19. Vinney Augur

I have never played another game...maybe I sould look into it?.... good one. Chalk another one up for SoE's marketing team or lack of one.....never, Never, NEVER mention your opositions name....
  20. Nolrog Augur

If you don't want to pay the extra plat, then run to the bazaar and get the item. Problem solved. If you want the convenience of having it shipped to you, it costs some extra plat. If you want the convenience of having it sent to you on the spot, it costs some station cash. If you're too cheap to pay extra like me, you'll run to the bazaar and save the cost. I see nothing wrong with that at all.
    Goddess and Bauer like this.