Autonomous Brokering in Rain of Fear

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Piestro Augur

No, when you log back in on that account it will log out your trader.
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Nothing wrong with this and it handy. If you don't want the thing delivered straight to your cursor then don't buy the vouchers. It is really simple.
  3. Piestro Augur

For me the most attractive element about this feature is simply being able to see the Bazaar menu anywhere. Then I know if it's worth heading to the bazaar to buy something. I don't sell much, but I'll be selling more now.
  4. Recnarp Augur

I don't think anyone is knocking the feature itself. Both the offline trader and /bazaar from any zone are great features, its just no one likes seeing attempts at double dipping into a player's pocketbook.
    Geroblue, Vouivre and Terminat like this.
  5. Terminat Lorekeeper

Well, that makes it kind of useless. I'm not paying another subscription fee just so a /baz bot can hold more than 1k plat.
  6. Melanippe Augur

ROFL!! Another case of "Be careful what you wish for!"

Will there be a Norrathian Consumer Protection Bureau created and administered from Halas?
    Dzarn and bootheeadia like this.
  7. yaddab Augur

How will this affect temporary items, will I be able to sell temporary items offline ?
  8. Trajet D'Or Augur

The main point of offline trader is the ability to turn your computer off.
  9. Vouivre Augur

It shouldn't cost plat to have it delivered by parcel. I don't know who came up with that idea, but it is ignorant. No game I have ever played, and I've played a ton, has ever charged you to deliver to your mail. It is especially ridiculous at 10%. So I buy an item for 100k and have to pay 10k more? Aren't we trying to remove stupid plat sinks like this with moves like lowering the purchase price of mercs and aug removers?

Also even if I didn't mind the idea of buying a token or something to get the item delivered to me directly, it should cost little to nothing to buy them and it should only take one. There is no logical point in requiring two.
    Orablast likes this.
  10. BQLIFE New Member

I have no problem paying a little extra pp for an item I will already be getting at a discount for. More items coming from a larger pool will drive.the prices down... basic econ!
  11. Terminat Lorekeeper

Ahh. I'll shut up now. :oops:
  12. Trajet D'Or Augur

EQ2 Brokers work that way (or did for the first year of the game) you could go to someone's house and purchase the item or you could buy it through the broker and pay a surcharge.

It's moreso you're looking for an item that you're willing to spend 100k on and you see it for sale for 80k while you're off adventuring.

A) Pay 88k right now, pick it up next time you're at a parcel mob.
    B) Get yourself or even an alt or friend to Bazaar and hope you get there fast enough to buy it for 80k.
    C) Pay SC and 80k and immediately equip your new gear and continue to hunt.

Since it's % based it also works really well for low end items. You're buying up Nodding Blue Lily to raise Alchemy skill. You see 12 for sale for 10pp each. Are you really going to run to Bazaar to save 12pp? I'm so lazy I'd probably pay the 12pp surcharge just to avoid running from the Banker in Bazaar to the /trader.
  13. Vouivre Augur

Never played EQ2, everytime I hear something about it I'm glad I haven't as it seems like a terrible game.

Regardless, it makes no sense to put in another useless plat sink when they just got rid of some.
  14. strongbus Augur

in all the games i have played non have offer the option of getting the item ship to you where every you are. They have all ways sent it to your mailbox or house in some way. As for the charge while kinda high for then more pricy items. Also every game has charged some sort of price for doing it.
  15. Lighteningrod Augur

lol. Me too.
  16. Lighteningrod Augur

17. Vouivre Augur

No game I've ever played or for that matter even heard of except now EQ2 has charged any fee of any kind for delivering the item to your mailbox. WoW is the most common example, they charge you nothing for delivering it to your mailbox.
  18. strongbus Augur

ya i worded it wrong. Most of the games the charge for doing it though this way is charged to the person selling it. ie i place an item for sale if its bought form me there is no fee. but if its handled in game to someones mailbox there is a fee taking form what i charged for it.
  19. Piestro Augur

Just to clarify a bit:

WoW charges you for listing items. EQ doesn't. WoW requires you to visit an AH (or at least used to, I can't comment on the game in years), EQ won't. EQ has a built in way around any plat sink at all (visiting the bazaar directly).

These are different games. Comparing how the WoW AH functions versus CoH's Wentworth's versus EQ's Bazaar versus SWG's vendors in homes is almost impossible because the entire context of these games are different.
  20. Vouivre Augur

Comparing the two features might seem impossible, but knowing one is terrible is not. Charging a tiny amount wouldn't even be that bad, but 10% is far too much especially the more expensive the item.

WoW may charge you for listing an item, but they deliver it for free, have multiple Auction Houses, has the option to actually auction, and allows you to buy and sell at the same time, informs you what an item is worth to a vendor, and all the while allows you to play while doing it.

CoH's Wentworth's has multiple locations, allows you to buy and sell at the same time, allows you to make money through vendoring items, gives a constant read out on what things have recently sold for, and allows for you to play the whole time. Also if you actually log out inside Wentworth's, if you are gone long enough, you will come back witha feww charged of the ability to teleport to any Wentworth's in the future.

EQ's has one location, it charges you no listing price, but will now charge you a far higher delivery price if you don't want to stop everything you are doing and go pick it up immediately, allows you to only buy or sell, not both, and forces you to stop playing in order to sell or buy.

You're right, the comparison is terrible...

I don't mean to be so negative, but I really freaking hate the fact that the devs seem to believe that everything in the game has to come with a negative side. This has always baffled me.
    Orablast and Dzarn like this.