Aradune & Rizlona Launch Date! - May 27

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 28, 2020.

1. darth_void_ptr New Member

Make Rizlona go past PoP.

I want a no-truebox/aoc box progression server, but before PoP it's going to be a mess, there's just not enough room. Boxing stops being a social disease at around GoD, and especially at DoN and beyond.
  2. Paragon Lorekeeper

I agree. I would add though the main reason Agnarr is dead is because DBG allows P99 to stay intact. There is 0 reason from a business sense to allow Rogean to continue to run P99 especially with all the corrupt and abusive things he does to the player-base. Just from a subscription and customer sense DBG stands to gain a whole lot from shutting down P99 and has 0 reason to keep it open. Bring everyone under 1 umbrella and launch a ton of servers.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Paragon Lorekeeper

Solid business plan for DBG that can go at least 2 ways.

First shut down P99.

Launch like 5 new servers or fully wipe EQ and relaunch the game properly with 10-20 servers. Maybe keep or merge current live servers into 1 or 2, but all current TLPs need wiped. You have 20+ expansions of content, no design teams to hire, 0 need for instancing or picks just spread people out over the servers like the old days. Anyone wanting the easiest version of the game, you have 99% of other games out there that have been dumbed down, child-proofed, and entitlement proofed. Why are you handful of entitled people pushing new age EQ on us. Whether folks want to admit it they are here for nostalgia and EQ, not the radioactive fish from the Simpsons version. Everyone gets to play their retrospective server without fear of a new ploy/server coming out every 1-2yrs. Just run them somewhere between normal release time and current version of way too fast. That is the strongest business model for 10yrs with all due respect. Have at it, I don't care for business, but I'm clearly a higher IQ than anyone in this forum. Sitting on a goldmine and 0 reason to leave any version of emulated up, especially one that has become the most corrupt game in existence, P99 is a literal burning dumpster fire of scamming.

Keep Aradune and Rizlona. Launch an FV no expansion locked server, PVP no expansion locked server, and whatever with the other one.

Hire 1-2 extra GMs. Gain thousands of potential subs off P99 shutting down.
  4. Raneorn New Member

The server populations disagree with you.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. davnegsep Journeyman

What is fun for u doesn't mean is fun for others. Other players may disagree with you in what everquest expantions range is the fun. For example, I disagree with you. For me the run from OOW to ToV expansions is where all the fun is!
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Bobbybick Augur

7. Paragon Lorekeeper

"I would do anything for a pvp server." In my best Tobias from Arrested Development voice.

You just broke the internet. #bow #bow #bow
  8. Magic Augur

People will come to play on these servers only for KRONO FARM, no one seriously wants to play for a long time on these new POP-locked servers and most will wait until the launch of a new (maybe FV) TLP, but in this case, no one will spend serious money on developing character - why if it is a servers for just farm some kronos or a passing server while waiting for another. And this applies only to real EQ fans, others will just go to the other games until they see a NORMAL server on which they want stay for a long and and develop their character.
  9. Typucm Elder

There is nothing to expect after you say them PoP locked.

RIP all my hopes, but this was expected, someone here on the forum said that they will collect all the unpopular ideas from the forum for new servers, but he was wrong, they found unpopular ideas about which no one even asked! WOW! Its phenomenally! LOL.

So, what rules will be on 3-d server?
    Hope it will be FV TLP with AoC, other rules not metter for me (but NOT POP LOCK PLS) :)
  10. Vicus Augur

11. Yinla Augur

New members of staff? Or are all other servers being given less GM support as they are 2 staff down?
  12. Ghostv24 New Member

13. Stormlight New Member

This! and its not like the GMs will be dedicated to the servers once in PoP indefinitely!
  14. PathToEternity Augur

My god, this is fuggen gold
  15. Faclez New Member

Who cares about having Gm's on the server, like that is some perk that will bring people back to play! Gm's should be on the server anyways! Like a restraunt that serves water.......
    Dexxeaa00 and Skuz like this.
  16. PathToEternity Augur

It would literally be more interesting if they started one of these servers with LDoN and disabled one expansion every couple of weeks until the server was just Classic only.

Still stupid but at least innovative.
  17. Eetra Journeyman

Perfection
    Faclez likes this.
  18. Faclez New Member

Think that we can all agree, we won't ever see anything "innovative" from the current people running EQ. Should see the discord im in, ALL negative comments, around 45 people talking about how dissapointing this announcement was.

Someone from EQ Watch that video above! You're turning these progression servers into a joke, and this video nails it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. Hendar Augur

Logged in just to say: This is the stupidest move possible.

I don't have the time to play that I once did, but being able to box with an AoC would allow me to do stuff at my own pace. I was looking forward to something new. Right now I'm in shock.

I'm tired of classic. I never created a character on Agnarr. Locking at PoP is what free-to-play should have been.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  20. Fugly New Member

I think it's hilarious that people who are on a server that is about to go to GoD are complaining that they can't switch to the new TLP because is doesn't go past PoP. Anyone else here think that is kind of moronic? I mean, besides the 12 pages of "New Member" alt accounts posting here, I am pretty sure most of the players are pretty happy with the new servers.