Anyone do VT since patch?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TimeBreak, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimeBreak Elder

Just trying to get confirmation if the Warders were put in broken or actually fixed and working correctly? As of 2 days ago on Test, the Warders weren't de-popping which prevented anyone from killing Mini Aten, 2 upper level blobs, and Aten Ha Ra.
  2. Jerakor Journeyman

I mean who cares if we can't do AHR even after the now enforced 3 hour trash clear. We have lots of other things to do. Like reroll on Corinav. Or cancel our subscription till PoP.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  3. Geoff Journeyman

I would love to know this answer as well!

Being that Prathun's stance was:
    and didn't respond to the thread telling him there was a different issue, i sure as hell hope so. The patch notes didn't change at all :(.

I know a lot of guilds raid in on Thursday now ever since the servers crashed us all out a few weeks back, so I guess we will all find out together.
  4. Tyorl New Member

There was a reason these were allowed to stay broken for... 15 or so years. Perhaps instead of bowing to pressure from a minority on the Agnarr server, it would be better just to leave things the way they were?

These changes are designed simply to force players into huge guilds and inevitably will lead to the dissolution of smaller raid forces between 35-50 players.

I'm interested to see the effect on revenue when that (majority?) of players realizes their stability and cohesion is in question due to massive changes to end-game zones that sets them back to the day they were tuned with raid sizes originally well into the low 100s in mind.

Suggestion: Leave it the way it was when Luclin dropped on Agnarr. Let folks enjoy it. Cash their checks and happily take their monies.
  5. Ronniejames New Member

6. Tyorl New Member

And here comes the patch... RIGHT as everyone begins the Thursday raiding night. Vex Thal is completely repopping in 30min. Chock up a wasted hour :D
  7. TimeBreak Elder

Make that 1.5 hours for us. Had 4 named down, in the midst of killing the 5th when the zone repopped. Any explanation for the repop? of course not.
  8. Febb Augur

9. jmoney87 New Member

This is an unacceptable issue.
  10. Tyorl New Member

Watch your timers. Many guilds are getting hit with 12-day lockouts on certain mobs. Devs and GMs are notorious for not addressing that particular issue in time to make any difference.
    TimeBreak likes this.
  11. Geoff Journeyman

I can now confirm. The patch has left Agnarr unable to complete VT in an instance. The warders depop for 1 second after killing DXVT or TXD and then all repop in mini-atens room.
    I would like to say they were not aware of this, but honestly i beta tested this for them and we tried to notify them but it doesn't seem like they understood the implications or just didnt care. Would love to see the changes to this zone undone and lockout timers reset.
    Im not holding my breath.
    Lotab likes this.
  12. Brunnt ForceTrauma Lorekeeper

Look guys they *just* broke it this way. It was broken the other way for *15 years*. I think you are expecting a fix way too early. Try back in 14 years and 11 months.
  13. Tiggles-P99 Journeyman

I can now confirm. The patch has left Agnarr unable to complete VT in an instance. The warders depop for 1 second after killing DXVT or TXD and then all repop in mini-atens room.

can confirm Warders are not despawning at mini AHR even with all other bosses cleared.

Please fix asap.
  14. Mashef Augur

Just take out the Warders guys. It's been broken since day 1, you can't figure out account to account transfers, what makes you think you can figure this out? It's pretty ridiculous you managed to break this instead of leaving it alone.
  15. Jerakor Journeyman

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-2006

It might be a little more complex than that but the core of this is that the Warders can't be gotten rid of. This bug is the compounding of the other bugs. The warder code is awful and it is probably why they were turned off for 15 years.
  16. Viceversa Elder

Just to update this the vt instance is not broken, unless you didn't mean to intend on us killing both North wing TXD and south wing Txvd? just to click up to aten. I think someone was saying you used to only need to clear one wing.

However as long as you clear both named you can still click up and kill Mini Aten.
  17. Jerakor Journeyman

I believe that one guild had an issue where they killed one and then the other and it didn't work. So they have to be killed in a certain order now too? None of this was ever how it was in the game in classic. And back then we had CoTH boxes which we can't have in a DZ.
  18. Allizarx Journeyman

Worked exactly as expected for us and I watched another guild kill mini-aten in a stream. I think many guilds have gotten so used to cheesing the zone that they dont understand how it is supposed to work?

Also, if TXD or DXVT were repopped it can reset warders, which should be a very rare and correctable issue.
  19. Allizarx Journeyman

Warders linked to TXD/DXVT were added to the upper blobs during the live zone repop that messed up many instances, so you can likely thank whoever was streaming the rooftop run to fall through and snipe Aten blobs for the changes. The message seems pretty clear either way, learn to do the zone like it used to be or . Now if they just leash Emperor Ssraeshza room mobs so cuks are not kiting them in the basement while Emp is killed and correct the HP and XTC linked trash respawn (should respawn fast like emp room) we can have a legit Luclin.
  20. Tyorl New Member

Legit Luclin? Legit Luclin has been going on for 15 years. Catering to zerg-guilds who roll in with 72 people ostracizes customers.

Keep it status quo, let folks PAY to play and enjoy it.

Some people don't want to spend multiple sessions clearing this just to get locked out for another week and miss opportunities for raiding and togetherness.

Just because you see things from the 'legit Luclin' point of view doesn't mean you need to foist your opinion on the Devs or the rest of the community. You can choose to kill these targets any way you wish. Don't kite the Emp, kill VT in the right order, etc. You can still do that if things were left status quo.

Instead? You choose to whine and ruin it for groups who are smaller than yours and potentially eliminate content for them.

Do you feel this makes you special? Elite? *shrug* That mentality is 20 years old and saddens me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.