Anyone do VT since patch?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TimeBreak, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clergie New Member

I'll be interested to know if any guild on this server, even with 72 people in the DZ, finishes Aten Ha Ra in the 6 hour time limit.

It should be possible. I eagerly await the posts reporting the success.

Patch notes I'd like to see in the near future regarding VT on TLPs:
    - Aten Ha Ra no longer gives a 7 day lockout for Vex Thal when defeated. This should allow players to break their VT raid into multiple days within a week if they choose.
    - Enemies in Vex Thal are now associated with a boss, and will not respawn in the expedition if that boss was defeated on a previous day.
    - Fixed an issue where players could access unintended parts of the Vex Thal zone allowing them to bypass necessary keys and enemies in unusual ways.
  2. bbqpulledpork New Member

Agnarr is currently unable to complete VT in instance due to bugs.
    Also, can't complete in 6 hours due to nonstop trash.
    Please revert changes.
  3. Ryak Augur

Of course it's possible. On Phinigel we had no issue clearing all the trash and bosses properly in the 6 hour time limit, including the 4 optional bosses (although we saved 3 of them for after Aten). Not everybody was exploiting their way through Luclin.
  4. Allizarx Journeyman

Have done sub 5 hour clears on Agnarr with 50ish people
  5. Clergie New Member

Yeah it seems like it should be possible. If this thread can be believed, only the TVXs are optional with the current bugs described in this thread. (I.E. - Shared Warders not working properly).

I'm quite curious to know, when you say you've done this, how much trash you are skipping versus killing. I don't think it's reasonable to say that 6 hours is enough time to kill all the enemies in the zone (including traps) at least once.

Most notably -

Are you clearing TVX trash or training it?
    Are you cothing to DXXT's safe room?
    Are you ceiling walking to the blob1 room?
    Are you training floor1 trash? Are you training DXVT/TXD trash or cothing past it?

Or

Do you think that 6 hours is enough time for a 72 person raid to kill actually every enemy in the Vex Thal zone at least once.
  6. Prathun Developer

Checked the bosses and warders on a Live progression server and it worked as expected. I was not able to reproduce issues with the warders not despawning after a boss was slain.
    For the guilds having problems, did you launch your instance before the hotfix went out?
  7. Zapsos Augur

As a "Semi casual" raiding guild on Phinny I can assure you it is very possible, our raid size was 50-60 usually, some in good gear, plenty in less than stellar. We Cleared VT every Sunday towards the end of Luclin (it took us a while to get enough people keyed due to the casual environment) straight up pulling the trash and killing it, we never trained adds around, we never "skipped" around the zone or pulled bosses to the zone line, straight up plow through, pull a dozen or so trash mobs (was more like 5-6 when we started, but with practice we could handle larger pulls) at a time and then just murder them down while the pull team gets the next batch ready.

A full VT clear was 4:30-5ish hours
  8. RandomStrategy Augur

I think it would probably help the smaller guilds a bunch if the traps did not respawn after clearing them in instances. I'm in a large enough guild that doesn't matter too much, but it's just a painful nuisance.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

Wow, this is really wild because it was NOT the top guilds complaining about things...

It was smaller guilds complaining that top guilds "did things too fast" and "cheated" the game. That's what all the complaining was about...

I never once saw a thread from a top guild stating "The game is too easy, please leash emp and activate warders." Like... everything in this forum is documented -- go look for all this evidence if you want a reality check.
  10. Jerakor Journeyman

The Hotfix came out halfway through most guilds raids time, around 9pm EDT on Thursday. So guilds in DZ had it repop the zone and respawn all mobs including those already on lockout. This created a 12 day lockout for those bosses as we were forced to kill the bosses again due to warders.

The original behavior of the zone was that you cleared either North or South on First floor to DXV or DXX and then on the second floor went North or South to TXD or DXVT. The warders were the same warders for these bosses and you never had to kill both. Is that still the intention or does this change now require a guild to clear literally the entire zone of trash in order to get to Mini Aten? That is just a big change and while it isn't insurmountable it is entirely unexpected as the zone never worked that way before.

Not every guild raids a 6 hour raid time on a weekend though and for a lot of guilds that raid at night a one sitting raid isn't going to work out. So the second and more concerning issue is what happens when we go back. Will the Warders for the bosses we already killed despawn like their trash? Because they were not before. Especially in the cases of those 12 day lockouts this could be a big problem.
  11. Allizarx Journeyman

Someone beat me to posting the same information ~
  12. Jerakor Journeyman

Even going back and rekilling Blob 1 and DXV after the repop we still couldn't get into Mini Aten's room without being banished.

The only boss mobs up in the instance were VDK, TVX x2, DXX, DXVT, VXAHR, KTXAHR x2, AHR. With only those you should have 0 issues clicking up to Mini Aten but we got banished. We had killed Blob 1 twice, DXV twice, DXXT, TVK, TXD.

We tried to avoid killing the bosses twice but the warders were up and there was no way to progress without doing so which led to some exciting backtracking.
  13. Allizarx Journeyman

So DXVT and TXD are wierd ones, when either die that warder set depops. If either respawn that warder set pops (when the first one pops, not when both spawn) so if you kill both the warders pop when either respawn. I assume that you killed TXD before the zone repop which means that DXVT counted as a new spawn and repopped warders.
  14. Jerakor Journeyman

We hadn't killed TXD at that point. And with the way they repoped we woulda just killed TXD twice. The repop was an entire reset of the zone that ignored your lockouts. We went back and rekilled what we had already killed to despawn the associated warders.
  15. Ryak Augur

Its been too long to remember exactly how many poeple we had, but id guess probably 55-60ish including at least 10 boxes.

we did skip both TVX and one of the optional first floor north/south wing bosses until the end, just in case we ran into time issues
    no coth at any point.
    no ceiling walking
    killing all trash normally

The only trash we skipped by any means was the TVX trash by kiting it until they were dead. In my opinion, this is fully within the normal mechanics of the game.
    Jerakor and Allizarx like this.
  16. Allizarx Journeyman

Confirmed this is not working correctly in a fresh instance today:

The third warder set should depop when either Diabo Xi Va Temariel or Thall Xundraux Diabo are killed. Warders did not depop after TXD was killed so we had to get banished and clear the other wing.

The original intent to only require one of these to die is easily displayed due to the fact that you have to cross a one way door in each of their wings with no way to back track or escape the wing.

We still cleared the entire zone including both upper wings without using CoH or rooftop walking in 4.5 hours, so this is the only bug I saw. I love the recent changes, but this last remaining bug will be crippling to smaller guilds, as the upper wings are significant trash clears.
    Prathun likes this.
  17. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

We just did VT in instance. Took just over 4 hours.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Only 4 hours for a casual guild of 30 solid players seems reasonable.

But i wonder... how many guilds on agnarr and phinny combined raid for 4 hours at a time with 60-70 people?

It feels like, perhaps, this change effectively eliminates casual raid guilds in Luclin. That's unfortunate.
  19. TimeBreak Elder

I call bullsheet. I would love to see twitch of only 30-40 people in current gear and AA's clear the entirety of VT with all the trash and having to clear both wings to DXVT and TXB, then kill the final 4 bosses in only 4 hours.
  20. sieger Augur

Faceless cleared most of OW VT and instanced VT since the patch. It mostly works but I can echo that killing TXD doesn't get rid of the warders in Mini Aten's room. What this means is you have to clear either both TXD and DXVT on the upper floor, or maybe just DXVT despawns the Mini Aten warders.

I don't know because obviously until we try it DXVT I'm not sure yet if the problem is that TXD doesn't despawn the warders or if the check is for both of them to be dead. As has been said, on the upper floors since you go through a one-way door, that leads to a click up to Mini Aten, it's highly obvious the intended behavior back from original Luclin era is that you choose to do either TXD OR DXVT, then progress from there. Having to get ported down to the four way, clear lower level trash back to the DXXT tower and then click up and then clear the other wing of the upper floor is almost certainly not how the zone was intended to be done.

We were able to complete VT pretty fast regardless but I can see this being a major blocker for a lot of guilds.

I'll also note that in OW on Thursday we picked DXVT and left TXD up, and it successfully despawned Mini Aten's warders. We then got a "Zone Repop in 30" message, clicked up and cleared the trash in the final section and then clicked up to AHR and killed her before the zone could repop. So before that zone repop, at least in OW, you could kill only 1 of the 2 upper stage bosses and get Mini Aten's warders to despawn. It's possible whatever was hotfixed there is what broke the normal behavior of the warders.
    Boosi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.