Anyone do VT since patch?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TimeBreak, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snorl Lorekeeper

Can't really stomach spending 6 hours in a broken VT DZ, and since that is the only content worth doing on Agnarr at the moment I'll probably just find something else to do until PoP, unless that steals my attention and I just stay away.
  2. bbqpulledpork New Member

Does anyone know if they've released a statement on this? Or is anything going on on test server?

We're paying money to play this game guys, if you're having issues like we are then speak up. Get some attention on this thread.
  3. Jerakor Journeyman

With these changes the zone is insanely tedious. The most anti fun zone I've encountered so far, worse than it ever was on Live and it was never known for being a fun raid on back then. The zone repops happening mid raid are really screwing our ability to figure out ways to work with the zone as well.

Once things settle down a bit though I'm tempted to just sell DZ's that are cleared to Mini Aten. Small guilds should consider just talking to larger guilds and getting a DZ that only has TVX x2, Blob1, Mini Aten, Blob 2 x2 and AHR up. You can kill those bosses with a very small raid force and with the way VT is right now it is better to just zerg the main floors and 2 or 3 way split those last bosses. Sure you have to rotate your lockouts a bit and miss out on some mobs but it overall gives you more of the really good loot.

Luckily, because the fix implemented isn't a real fix of what was wrong with the zone, you can do this as easily as you used to be able to do the zone before. I think the only people who probably would be saddened by this method would be Necros and Mages who miss out on Gloves of Dark Summoning but they are already used to getting the short stick from TLP mechanics.
  4. ikarinokamii Elder

I don't really have a problem with it. the zone is not impossible. it's supposed to be the high raid zone of the xpac, within that context the zone is fine. the only real difference now is that 50% of your raid cant go AFK, that people have to actually pay attention for the whole raid. the zone is definitely not broken, it just functions differently , which is fine, given how much stronger player characters are compared to 16 years ago at the same level.
  5. TimeBreak Elder

A 30 min msg, entire zone repop, double duration lockout = broken.
  6. Jerakor Journeyman

Everyone can AFK though, the trash is literally 0 threat. You can pull 10 mobs at a time and still hardly have to heal or do anything. The fights take so long that people fall asleep while the trash dies, the hardest thing we have to do as raid leaders is get CoTHs for people that wake up behind 9 locked doors. Trying to get people to play at peak performance for 5 hours straight is impossible, especially when there isn't really a downside to playing half asleep other than the raid taking 10 more min. You can't wipe, wiping in VT requires some serious failure on the part of the raid.

I would in a heartbeat take a VT where the trash hit twice as hard and half as many HP. The only challenge right now to VT is staying awake long enough to get loot. The "bugs" that existed before that let you do things like, pull a mob out of its room. Or skip a mob that drops absolutely nothing exciting that is guarded by 60 trash mobs. Those bugs were not a problem. Pulling every boss to zone in was an issue, pulling every boss to AHR room was an issue.

Let's imagine if every mob was like this, you pull Naggy or Trakanon or Ghoul Lord out of his room and he DT's you. Is that what we expect from EQ?
  7. Allizarx Journeyman

I don't intend to answer for the Devs, but if you do a little research you will see the 2 repop were posted hot fixes/patches and should not regularly happen. From what I have heard My Pants and Pitfall? were hit by both zone repops, which means either the devs or RNG jesus hates you. We can just assume everyone hates My Pants, so moving on.

March 15th hotfix:

- Vex Thal - The Akhevan Warders should despawn more reliably when their associated boss has been slain.

March 19th hotfix:

- Vex Thal - The Akhevan Warders associated with bosses Thall Xundraux Diabo and Diabo Xi Va Temariel will now despawn if either boss has been slain.

With the warders depopping from either TXD or DXVT the zone is fine and we will see 3-3.5 hour clears.
    Prathun likes this.
  8. VTisBroken New Member

Love how the Dev's are ignoring this thread but will post in every Coirnav thread to ensure their cash grab server goes on as planned.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

What's still wrong with VT? There being a lot of trash doesn't qualify as "broken" btw.
  10. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Not with THAT attitude, it doesn't
  11. Prathun Developer

Chatoyan, Jenarie, HappyPanda and 6 others like this.
  12. Jerakor Journeyman

I wish there was some heads up on the patch before the hotfix went live and repopped the zone but at least it is in. Hopefully it shaves an hour off next weeks clear. Thanks.
  13. qweasy Augur

During prime raiding time and over a bunch of guilds in the process with zone repops. Well done.

The issues were reported when you made the changes on test and were ignored and pushed to live anyway. Is a simple "we're aware of the problem and looking into it." too much to ask?
  14. Febb Augur

*puts out the torches and puts them away neatly*

*puts the pitchforks back into the barn*

UNTIL NEXT TIME PRATHUN!
    HappyPanda likes this.
  15. wherehouse Lorekeeper

Prathun, thank you for fixing the actual issues, we really do appreciate it.
    However, all this vitriol and confusion could have been easily avoided if you just chimed in on this thread earlier saying "hey, we got this feedback and we will look into it" when you decided to address.
    Would have been less headache for you as you wouldn't have to read about the same problem over and over and less pain for players as they would know that their issue is not being ignored.

2c
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

17. fransisco Augur

The devs have stated in other places they were fixing VT issues. Its FAR better for them not to spend all their time answering every comment on the forums.
    The level of entitlement in this thread is off the charts.
  18. wherehouse Lorekeeper

Link please?
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

20. wherehouse Lorekeeper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.