Anyone do VT since patch?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TimeBreak, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimeBreak Elder

Don't you mean 2 weeks from now, since many of us received an extended lockout due to these Hot fixes. We can't even request a VT instance for close to 2 weeks now.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yes, reading between the lines is sometimes an important skill.

Though I wouldn't take it as far as "looking into the problem" but it's clear that this particular issue was acknowledged on Saturday and fixed on Monday.
  3. Febb Augur

4. fransisco Augur

ummm go up like 5 posts. Prathun gave 2 links. Are you even reading?
  5. wherehouse Lorekeeper

6. Febb Augur

I remember people on phinigel getting month long lockouts due to bugs and crashing due to the expedition window bugging out. You guys and your 2 week lockouts.

*is old and talks about walking in snow up hill with no shoes backwards*
  7. Febb Augur

You obviously didn't even read the link I posted. Prathun acknowledged he looked into the issue.
  8. wherehouse Lorekeeper

Read the link, that issue was dealing with warders re-spawning in instances... not the issue that the hotfixes addressed.
  9. wherehouse Lorekeeper

The 2 link are for hotfixes that happenened, presumable after they had already looked into the problem.
    Still waiting for a link where they acknowledged the DXVT and TXD warder problem.
  10. Febb Augur

11. wherehouse Lorekeeper

12. Febb Augur

What other issues do the warders have?
  13. qweasy Augur

They shouldn't have any now.
  14. Clergie New Member

We cleared VT last night in pretty standard fashion. CoTH to blob1, clear 3/5 Diabos, clear Candyland.

It took us from 8:30 PST to 2AM to kill everything except Diabo Xi Va and Diabo Xi Va Temeriel. Yes we killed 2 TVXs also by kiting TVX trash. We had 60 people in raid at the start, and 29 people in raid at 2am when we finished.

Overall, it was a fun experience. Everything worked as expected and there were no bugs that we encountered. All of the fun experiences of gating mobs and pulling too much happened, and there was lots of room to optimize. I expect that with more optimization we could kill all bosses in the 6 hour window, but practically I doubt we will ever do so because that's too late to keep everyone up (our normal raid times are only 3:30).

If you are a smaller guild now, you probably won't get to kill Aten Ha Ra unless you split the raid over 2 nights. But you definitely still can do it. If you are a medium sized guild, you'll have a late night every week. If you're a very large guild that can regularly field 72 person raids, you'll be likely be able to clear all bosses in 3-4 hours.

Overall, I think I'm a fan of the changes enforcing that the zone is difficult. I really do not buy the argument that the trash isn't skill-testing or useful. Clearing the zone quickly -- IS -- the challenge. Any given encounter in VT is very easy, but given the context of a timer to do it all makes it a unique and interesting experience.
    Dythan likes this.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

I agree that killing the zone as fast as possible is the true challenge of Vex Thal.

Also, I feel it leaves 90% or more of the EQ population out to dry. People on agnarr are quite semi casual. Hell, the server doesnt even have 2 open world raid guilds.

Cutting down trash mob hp (and making them hit harder) is more catering to your playerbase. Kinda like nerfing seb keys. The brutal time sinks are both bad for business and dont actually make the game any more fun, rewarding, or challenging.
  16. Clergie New Member

Yeah I think it's no secret that many hate this zone and finds it to be a long and boring slog of uninteresting grinding. At the end of the day, having a zone like Vex Thal exist and exist in this current form points toward a design that "big guilds are good, and small guilds should merge to become big guilds".

That's a design that some will love (I love big guilds with high concurrency).

That's a design that some will hate (Some people just want to play with their close friends).

PoP is an expansion that really rewards big guilds. In its initial incarnation, they allowed 72 players per raid. On the live server that I played on back in the day, guilds often had multiple raids in the same zone to do the content. Encouraging huge guilds was the design.

I think on Agnarr, because it is PoP locked, it makes sense to tend the raiding design towards encouraging huge guilds. It's what people who cared about the raiding game signed up for when they came here, and it would require a pretty large effort to make smaller guilds more viable (Cap DZs at 24-30, rebalance boss fights for that).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.