Any Warrior guides out there?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Kaliko, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If you question Overlord Comrade Makavien, you're gonna have a bad time :(
  2. Brohg Augur

Calc is Timer 8
  3. Brohg Augur

Don't think most of us use socials. You're not even saving yourself UI space with all that overlap and the extra attack lines / etc. I've one, basically. Two, if you count the button that just adds /timer for the duration of LS.

My one social just consolidates all the things that use up debuff slots on the mob, so I can put them all away together and not spam them when the third good necro is in raid: AA's 552,801,3732, and disc Tormenting Shout.

My other spam button is a multibind, so that I can not spam all parts of it when low/out of endurance and scraping to afford the next PDH. War Stomp, Topple, War'sBulwark, Bash, Banestrike, Epic, Calc

Everything else gets its own button, and no /g /rs /etc spam
  4. Rakknar Elder

Exactly how would rage of the forsaken be available for burning down 7 to 10 mobs when its in your "rotate them on every mob" key?

The objective is not to mash a dozen keys. Its about doing just enough to get the job done and not have an ability on cool down when you really need it.

Calculated strike is still timer 8. Shield topple is timer -1. Strikes lock insult out for 35 seconds.

Tanking hotkey
    Line 1 - /Rsay ***NOW TANKING-> Yourname ***
    Line 2 - /pause 2,/vr 6
    Line 3 - /disc Flash of anger rk. iii
    Line 4 - /alt act 10367
    Line 5 - /disc phantom aggressor rk. iii

Phantom aggressor would last what .01 seconds on that raid mob? Maybe you do other things. Without context no one knows and macros become somewhat meaningless to those trying to learn stuff here.

The OP wanted a guide which would require way more than listing abilities and socials. I would dare say the most important thing warriors do has nothing to do with discs. For instance, one of the most important attributes for a good warrior is fast reflexes which requires a fast mind. If mobs are dying in 10 seconds, the warrior doesn't have 3 seconds to decide what to do and doesn't have enough time to mash 5 different keys.

To the OP. There is never going to be a guide, a true guide. Tanking is just too many things beyond what is being talked about here. The best advice is to play the entire game. You will never learn anything in Gribbles (example) unless of course you are AE Tanking the whole zone and burning it down for speed records.

Go to Plane of War and fight the Grandmaster, Rolfron, etc. Complete all progression CoTF through TBM (you will want the hero AAs). Kill all the named mobs. Group with people who do great dps (parse them). Be the puller and tank whatever comes (single pulls make bad tanks). As far as agro goes, a warrior can lock down agro on every single mob all the time every time (if they aren't, they are doing it wrong). Ok Boisteressness in PoW "might" give you trouble (but there's even solutions for that).

Anyway just some random stuff. But, if you do these things and try to improve each step of the way you will get more out of it than reading a non-existent guide. Make your own socials and in doing so gain a greater understanding of every disc and AA.
  5. Rakknar Elder

6. Makavien Augur

Rage of the forsaken is a 2 minute timer when you pull you dont pull 1 mob you pull as many as you can tank and the group burns now a days except for maybe plane of war but who exp's there ?

And phantom aggressor only takes aggro on raids if your out of range and you just stand there and not hit buttons saving things is not good in today's eq unless your talking defensive abilities. 1 dps dying in a group = 40 k at least dps in raid most the time your looking at 300 k plus dps.
  7. Lianeb Augur

Tell me if my test is flawed.

Test 1
    Mage Nukes for 119k Crit, base dmg 29k to pull mob, Mob runs toward Mage.
    Warrior Hits Insult at range (first available cast of it) range 100
    Result: Mob changes direction and runs toward Warrior
    11443 hate from Insult should not have pulled the mob with 29730base dmg nuke without override

Test 2
    Mage Nukes for 12k, base dmg 3k to pull mob, Mob runs toward Mage.
    Warrior Hits Blast of Anger (first available cast of it) range 80
    Result: Mob continues running toward Mage
    3k base dmg on pull and blast of anger 36k hate with no override did not pull the mob to the warrior.

First test looks like the override worked to me.
    Second test the Mage capped the at range hate on the mob and BoA even though WAY more hate was not able to overcome initial hate.

I did not test for at range cap, assume it to be below 3k based on results
  8. Makavien Augur

dds were cut to half the aggro I mean and is even less with that one hate reduction aa on .

But even with that, maybe they just made the hate from cyclone roar ignore the hate cap and I am remembering what Elidroth said wrong.

Like I said I can't look it up and I forget the exact words but the complaint he was answering was that we need to be able to use insult line on one mob and rotate cyclone on a 2nd mob to get decent hate on both maybe blast of anger just has an initial hate cap because it's so much hate .Works fine for me although dps do not pull using their big nukes either .

And also are you sure it was 80 range ? Because warlords grasp can also cast but fail at long ranges . ( this happens on akkapan a lot if you are not careful when he aggro locks)

Test it with rage of the forsaken it has a super long range compared to anything else we have which also has a hate override.Range: 200'. ( this could also be why I am mistakenly thinking the hate cap is gone since it's the first thing I normally cast.)

To be perfect you would have to measure the range on blast of anger to make sure that range bug is not also affecting blast .
  9. Ravengloome Augur

It was always around 400ish though there were theories it scaled up as mobs leveled.
    I did a similar test with SCS off. Basically the same results (though paladins don't have a BOA style ability I had to use a nuke)
  10. Tucoh Augur