Any Warrior guides out there?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Kaliko, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Iila Augur

Failing to quit EQ is not indicative of your skill level. If your ideas were sound, you wouldn't be needing to defend them with irrelevant info from these people.

Something I've noticed in life, for gaming, work, and other matters. If someone's main defense or claim to skill is that they've been doing whatever for X years, then they're going to be mediocre and too far up their own butt to ever listen to reason, change, or improve.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

That update only changed the override to reflect the value of hate they were giving. Every paladin crush since SOD has produced more hate than the hate override would dictate. A Dev explained it to me back then and balanced around it, later spell devs either were not informed or forgot.

That "hate rebalancing" changed nothing for paladins on the crush/disruptive persecution front as far as hate goes.

So numerous other tanks got boosts and ours stayed stagnant. Wuwu
  3. Triconix Augur

There's only two other tanks and warriors certainly didn't get any boosts recently...

If anything, our aggro got nerfed and our best tool has been broken for months.
  4. Ravengloome Augur

SKs most certainly did
  5. Narogg Augur

@Iila
    We had people saying if your not a warrior to stay out of it, so I felt the need to show that I also played a warrior. I made ZERO claim to a skill level, only showing the fact that I had the right to post.
    I never said I was skilled, I simply posted as to why a cleric account was entitled to posting on a warrior topic
    I offered a video with proof of concept that the posted answer to the OP questions works for me. Some did not like the proof of concept because the ability does not help them as a Raid Tank when tank swapping. I made no claim that it did.

The idea that insult is a Taunt because that is how it is listed in the spell data on two spell parsers is clearly a case of " they're going to be mediocre and too far up their own butt to ever listen to reason, change, or improve." I appreciate your concern that my skill level will never improve.

I am NOT a raid warrior. I stated before that my posts are for the group game/ group named.

I have yet to see any other warrior actually answer the OP question.

If the only thing the skilled warriors found wrong with my post was the fact that Insult was placed in the wrong area, and the fact that Insult does not function like a true taunt then I think I did a fairly good job at answering the OP question, which was my main goal.
  6. Lianeb Augur

Increase hate by 1 in the spell parsers is an indication of hate override. Hate on a mob is capped very low and doesn't increase until the mob is in range to hit something, hate override allows full hate value applied without regard to the cap.
    Insult should be an opening disc, before mob is in range of others for the initial boost. Once the mob is in range to hit things and the hate cap is gone it is nothing more than pure hat to the mob, and the rune
  7. Lianeb Augur

Hit a mob at range with blast of anger 36k hate with no override then have another warrior hit with insult before it is in camp and see what happens.
  8. Makavien Augur

Bazu
    Line 1 /attack on
    Line 2 /alt act 688 (rage of the forsaken)
    Line 3 /disc Insult rk. iii
    Line 4 /alt act 3732 (gut punch)
    Line 5 /disc cyclone roar rk. iii

Blast
    Line 1 /alt act 3646 (blast of anger)
    Line 2 /disc Roar of Challenge rk. iii
    Line 3 /alt act 801 (knee Strike)
    Line 4 /timer 900 (to time blast of anger)
    Line 5 /attack on

Rotate them on every other mob.
    The rest should be easy enough to figure out if you think - every defensive ability a warrior has , has situational value.
    Use them both on raids after unflinching attention with both pets cast between bazu and blast.

Insult is not a taunt .
  9. Makavien Augur

Non- aggro keys -

Assist key Notice no attack on in this one incase npcs are mezzed
    Line 1 /Assist Main
    Line 2 /stand
    Line 3 /sit off

Spam key - Defensive stance
    Line 1 /doability 1 (bash)
    Line 2 /doability 2 (disarm)
    Line 3 /stand
    Line 4 /sit off
    Line 5 /attack on

Spam key 2 - 2 hand stance
    Line 1 /doability 4 (kick)
    Line 2 /doability 2 (disarm)
    Line 3 /stand
    Line 4 /sit off
    Line 5 /attack on

Topple key - I spam this till a target hits 20% then I switch to the calculated strike hotkey
    Line 1 /alt act 691,/pause 2 (war stomp)
    Line 2 /attack on
    Line 3 /alt act 801 (knee strike)
    Line 4 /disc shield topple rk. iii
    Line 5 /timer 150

Calculated Strike Key
    Line 1 /alt act 691,/pause 2
    Line 2 /attack on
    Line 3 /alt act 801
    Line 4 /disc Calculated Strike
    Line 5 /timer 150

Imperator's Command =
    Line 1 - /alt act 2011
    Line 2 - /disc Tormenting Shout rk. iii
    Line 3 - /g Imperator's Command and shout used!
    Line 4 - /timer 1800

Imperator's Charge =
    Line 1 - /alt act 2012
    Line 3 - /g Imperator's Charge and shout used!
    Line 4 - /timer 1800

Imperator's Precision =
    Line 1 - /alt act 2013
    Line 3 - /5(Raidchannel) *** Precision on -> %t (increases Spell Damage)
    Line 4 - /timer 1800

Tanking hotkey
    Line 1 - /Rsay ***NOW TANKING-> Yourname ***
    Line 2 - /pause 2,/vr 6
    Line 3 - /disc Flash of anger rk. iii
    Line 4 - /alt act 10367
    Line 5 - /disc phantom aggressor rk. iii
  10. Makavien Augur

Pure Hate Disciplines

Lvl 93-
    Roar of Challenge Rk. III - Increase hate by 2145 - PB AE

Lvl 99-
    Wade into Battle Rk. III - Increase hate by 12523 per npc in 35 range scaling infinitely - Defensive proc

Lvl 100-
    Phantom aggressor - Increase hate on cast by 8378 and transfers an unknown hate amount per tick- Single Target

Lvl 101-
    Cyclone Roar Rk. III - Increase hate by 8273 on cast and 3888 per tick for 30 seconds - Single Target

Lvl 103-
    Insult Rk. III - Increase hate by 11443 - Single Target
    Tormenting Shout Rk. III - Increase hate by 12244 - Single Target

Lvl 104-
    Warrior's Bulwark Rk. III - Increase hate by 5288 - Single Target
    Stormstrike Blades Rk. III - Increase hate by 13708 - PB AE

Hate Multiplier Disciplines

Lvl 101-
    Dichotomic Shield - Increase Hate generated by 100% - Multiplier

Lvl 102-
    Unflinching Attention Rk. III - Increase Aggro modifier by 65% , Reduces everyone else's Aggro Generation by 15% - Single Target

Pure Hate AA

Blast of Anger rank 11 - Increase Hate by 45,000 - Single Target

Gut Punch rank 11 - Increase Hate by 5500 - Single Target

Infused by Rage rank 21 - Increase hate by 4800 - Defensive Proc

Projection of Fury rank 3 - Increases hate by 52000 when it fades after use - Single Target

Hate Multiplier AA

Sneering Grin rank 3 - On a successful taunt will add 9127 Hate - Random taunt proc

Warlord's Fury rank 1 - Increases Hate on Skills by 25% - Multiplier

Rage of the Forsaken rank 2- Increases hate by 8000 and then increases all hate generated by 80% - Single Target & Multiplier

Warlord's Grasp rank 6- Increases hate by 5000 on cast and decreases all hate generated by others by 35% - Single Target & Ally hate reduction

Proc Mod AA & Disciplines

Rage of Rallos Zek rank 1 - increases proc modifier by 10000% - Great hate generation with a double rune weapon or Force of anger weapon.

Weapon Covenant Rk. III - increases proc modifier by 415% - Takes up your disc window as an active discipline when you have nothing left you can use this to help keep ahead of the curve with either a double rune weapon or a force of anger weapon.

Instant No Fail Taunts

Ageless Enmity rank 5 - No Fail taunt putting you 12000 hate above the previously most hated target - Single Target 100 Range

Area Taunt rank 4 - No Fail point blank Area Taunt that places you 13000 hate above the previously most hated target- PB AoE 40 Range
  11. Makavien Augur

They removed that cap thing back in voa. Hate override only matters on resisted spells now.
  12. Ravengloome Augur

You are going to need to quote patch notes because that doesn't jive with my in game experiences. Not saying you are wrong though
  13. Makavien Augur

It was in the voa beta forums so can't quote it anymore. Maybe , I am wrong and they made our roar line not affected by the cap but, I am pretty sure Elidroth said it was removed. And it does jive with my in game experience look at my aggro hotkeys. Insult is not first on either key anymore and I changed the order back in voa based on what Elidroth said . And I have 0 aggro issues.
  14. Brohg Augur

Insult 13s timer, Cyclone 12s
    Gut Punch 20s, Knee Strike 30s
    Rage of the Forsaken 2 mins
    Blast of Anger 1min
    Roar of Challenge 1min - and AE

Besides the wildly divergent timers that can't possibly match "every other mob" in varying content, Knee strike is part of the button you say later you spam in every fight.
    I really dislike these socials, I think they're bad. I'm sure they work for you, but that must have to do with your specific grouping habits or something.

I've not parsed nearly enough difference between Kick & 2h Bash to bother keeping Kick around.
    Topple & Calc haven't shared timer since last August.

I basically don't like any of these socials.
  15. Makavien Augur

They work I guess you think you cant hit the first one after the 2nd one on the second mob because the stuff will be back up again and knee strike is on the spam key so if its not on the npc it is cast before topple or calculating strike . It is called overlap to make sure things are on the mob when they should be. Maybe you should actually try them instead of just reading over them and disliking them because they are different than your own? I also spam the bazu key because Cyclone can be refreshed every 20 ish secs.
  16. Rakknar Elder

I'm with Brohg on this one. If you are a warrior looking at those socials don't use them.

Imperator's Precision:
    Single, Restriction: Not Raid Boss
    Looks like your using in a raid?

Rage of the forsaken:
    Increases your target's hatred for you by 8000 points and triggers Rage of the Forsaken which increases the hatred you generate with all actions by 80% for 18 seconds
    Not to be idly wasted on random mob.

Calculated strike shares timer with insult. Not a good idea.

Just a couple things beside divergent timers as mentioned.

No, I'm not going to try them. I like my stuff that I have used for the last hundreds of thousands of mobs I have tanked :)
  17. Brohg Augur

I can only go by what you wrote in words that you do. The buttons you typed out above have instructions based on how you say that you use them. If you play differently than what you wrote down, then what should I try? I should try reading your mind, or assuming you're better than you say you are? When you're like "here are all the crutches I use. this is how you walk on crutches", I should assume you can run?
  18. Ravengloome Augur

But not millions?!
  19. Makavien Augur

Not all npcs in a raid are flagged raid npcs.
    Rage increases all hate that you do allowing the group to instantly burn when you pull 7 - 10 .
    Topple and strike are on timer 0 which shares timers with nothing.

Divergent timers don't matter when you can over lap keys to get the job done and I didn't think that I had to explain what spamming in the warrior sense would mean. You can hit your fastest refresh aggro ability as fast as 12s (thanks for that) so how fast can you spam as a warrior? And sorry I gave hotkeys with a crude description because I thought people can look up timers and understand that macros skip abilities that are not up when you try to use them and still allow the macros to fire in .5 secs or less.
  20. Makavien Augur

Was not wanting to write a 400 paragraph guide was just trying to help but since people want to be lame -

Normal single raid boss - I use *Bazu (first key listed) and then follow it with the *Blast (second key listed) and Phantom Aggressor on single targets.
    I also use Unflinching Attention, *Bazu, *Blast , Warlords fury, Phantom Aggressor, Projection of Fury on stuff I know everyone is going to be burning on.

*All the other abilities listed are on my hotbars as single keys because they are all situational.

In group content I alternate the two hotkeys and some of the abilities putting Phantom Aggressor on the second mob in camp if there is multiples.

If we are going to AoE the npcs, I use Rage of the Forsaken and Wade into Battle. (sometimes I use Warlord's Fury here too) I use storm wheel blades on all 3 of these pulls.

On a quick(quick means before wade into battle is refreshed /cough) 2nd pull I switch to a rune weapon and use Rage of Rallos Zek some groups I save Warlords Fury for the second pull.

On a quick 3rd pull I hit enhanced ae taunt on this one first then I alternate between all npc and build single target hate on each one as fast as I can with the rune weapon equipped.

And I never said these were the best hotkeys out there I didn't see anyone else post any macros to help the guy though. These were also written before Dichotomic.