Any Warrior guides out there?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Kaliko, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Kaliko Augur

Hey all, I'm trying to find a relevant 105 warrior guide for group/raid aggro discis/aa's and which defensive discis work best with what and when.
  2. Vdidar Augur

There are some posts in this section where people throw out some good stuff but I think a lot of trying to just learn the class will help you the most.
  3. Kaliko Augur

I've gotten tidbits of information but it would help a lot of Group or New warriors that wish to become raiders improve upon their skills if there was a post with a good amount of information and what works best when, etc. I'm not looking for detailed paragraphs about what discis do, but more of the situational uses and best orders.
  4. Narogg Augur

First I will list the aggro getters, you only use these when you do not have aggro and want it
    • single target
      • taunt
      • insult
      • projection of fury
      • unbroken attention
      • ageless enmity
    • AE
      • wade into battle
      • area taunt
    Aggro Maintainers - you use these over and over to keep aggro once you have it.
    • Single target
      • gut punch
      • cyclone roar
      • blast of anger
      • tormenting shout
      • rage of the forsaken
    • AE
      • Stormstrike Blades
    Stay alive bar
    • Trash
      • Defensive proficiency
      • Stout Defense
      • Field Protector
      • Flash of anger
    • Named
      • Situational
        • fortitude discipline
        • flash of anger
      • Last stand
      • Dichotomic shield
      • Brace for impact
      • field protector
      • warlord bulwark
      • No time to bleed
      • warlord tenacity
      • warlord's fury
      • Third Spire
      • Imperator's Charge

Warriors feel free to jump in if I missed anything
  5. p2aa Augur

Insult belongs to the Aggro maintainers list, it's not swapping the target to you like the others abilities listed.
    Same for Wade Into Battle.
    Projection of Fury alone too is not going to swap the target to you, can be used on a boss mob after you have swapped the target to you.
    Also, before using an aggro getter, always click an invul disc before, Fortitude or Flash of Anger, to give time for healers to swap to you and not be one rounded by the mob.

In the Aggro maintainers, you forgot Phantom Aggressor. One click gives you lot of aggro over others.
    Stormstrike Blade awakes mezzed mobs.

Warlord's Fury increase your aggro, Imperator's Charge increase your haste, they are not some survival ability.
  6. Kamea Augur

The way I look at aggro is quite different than Narogg.

When tanking nameds and bosses, using aggro mods at engage is important.

Aggro mod hierarchy = Dichotomic Shielding > Rage of the Forsaken > Glyph of Angry Thoughts > VoT > Warlord's Fury (doesn't work on swing hate)

Wade In to Battle is helpful as a single target ability, especially when combined with aggro mods. Importantly, you can click Wade In to Battle + BP clicky during incoming / countdown.

Phantom Aggressor is the most import aggro ability, by far, after 30s/45s into fight. However, it's not great to use right at engage since it builds aggro on a relative basis. You need to do aggro mods -then- aggro discs + BOA + rage of rallos (if necessary) + etc -then- PA.

If on a particular mob it seems like people take aggro at engage, you need to use Warlord's Grasp first -then- continue as normal, as that will buy you a window to get your aggro rot off. I like to keep this off cooldown if possible, because it's the best thing to use if someone else takes aggro when you're tanking. If someone takes aggro from a warrior doing a proper aggro disc rot, odds are it will take more than a single taunt to lock it back down (fyi, for taking aggro back, taunt -then- PA is the best rot.)
    Narogg likes this.
  7. Narogg Augur

"Insult belongs to the Aggro maintainers list, it's not swapping the target to you like the others abilities listed."

Insult Description:
    You incite hatred in your opponent, making it more likely they will focus their attacks on you. Additionally, you will brace yourself for their next few attacks and take less damage.
    1: Increase Hate by 1
    Skill: Taunt

/confused

If insult was a maintainer it would not be a taunt skill.

Insult is a aggro getter as it does nothing more then place you at the top of the hate list allowing you to follow up with Aggro Maintainers to further your lead in aggro.
  8. Narogg Augur

"Projection of Fury alone too is not going to swap the target to you, can be used on a boss mob after you have swapped the target to you."

Are you even looking at the same data as I am?
    Summons a projection of yourself that will initially generate 20000 points of hatred and attack your target for @1 seconds, generating an additional 5000 points of hatred every 5 seconds. The amount of hatred that this projection generates with your target will be transferred to you when it despawns.
  9. Narogg Augur

I left Phantom Aggressor out on purpose.
    The ability only generates hate over time and it is a 1 minute timer for refresh.
    Might be a nice add to boss tanking but if you killing a HA and the mobs are dying in 10 to 11 seconds the ability is too slow to refresh to even worry about.

Hate Generated: 15958
    You contact a version of yourself from another thread of reality. This version of you will attack your target and add to its hatred of you over time.
  10. Narogg Augur

I think most of the confusion about warriors is the view from a grouping warrior and the view from a raid mob warrior. All of my posts are about grouping and doing group trash/named.
  11. p2aa Augur

Insult and Projection of Fury won't get you alone mob turn from former tank to you. What do you mean by aggro getter ? Aggro swap from former tank to new one ?
    As to Phantom Agressor, yes the refresh is too slow if mob die in 10 sec, but that's a tool noneless that gives you free hate in group content too.
  12. Triconix Augur

You're forgetting the aggro mod from Unflinching. It also decreases other people's aggro.

Can start an aggro rotation with Rage of the Forsaken > Projection of Fury > Ageless/AE Taunt to get to top of aggro again due to pet > dump the rest of your aggro. Hold off using Phalanx 30 seconds into the fight or so.

You can use Wade and other AE abilities if no adds are involved in the fight and will be near you. Most events though have adds so AE abilities *can be* dangerous, especially if the tank that is holding aggro on those adds dies.
    You realize projection is up for like 2-3 ticks yes? So no, it won't give you aggro immediately and is terrible to acquire aggro off of somebody unless you use a taunt ability.
  13. Rakknar Elder

Phantom aggressor is a pet. If you don't let him die he will be there for the next mob (taunt mob off of him).

How about the non-Warriors stop theory crafting you just confuse people.

This discussion isn't remotely helpful so far.
  14. Ravengloome Augur

Bro insult ain't a taunt, stop using a ghetto spell parser.

http://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=43034

See that hate override?

A no fail taunt is SPA 199
    Iila likes this.
  15. Narogg Augur

When your standing at the group and the puller is bringing a mob to the group for a kill.
    An aggro getter is what you use to get the mob off the puller and onto you.
    • taunt - mob has to be in range and you can fail at this.
    • insult - range 100 - hit it and mob will come to you instead of the puller.
    • projection of fury - hitting this on Incoming will make the mob attack the projection and will transfer the hate to you once it dies. It is a very effective aggro getter.
    • unbroken attention- Causes a creature of up to level 105 to attack you exclusively for 18 secs (3 ticks) on an HA normally the mobs are dead before this wears off.
    • ageless enmity- Range 100 Gives you a 100 percent chance to become 1 more points hated than your target NPC's previously most hated target. yanks the mob attention right too you.
  16. Narogg Augur

I am laughing....thanks for pointing me to a second spell parser that says its a taunt.
    [IMG]
  17. Narogg Augur

I think I earned the right to say what I want to about my warrior.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  18. Mistatk Augur

I haven't had Insult take a mob off someone with a high amount of agro, the way a succesful taunt does, but i see it does say in all spell data that it uses the skill taunt. I don't know what that means or why it says it, but it doesn't seem to actually taunt that I've ever noticed in using it. Maybe someone who understands spell descriptions better can clear it up.
  19. Narogg Augur

This should clear things up for everyone....
  20. Ravengloome Augur

Well I dropped 6 crushes on,a mob and hit insult with a boxed warrior. The warrior did not peel aggro or even hit 99 on aggro. So ? Did I test it incorrectly?
    As a side note a successful taunt pit her at 99 on aggro. Repeated ageless insta flipped mob.