Any Warrior guides out there?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Kaliko, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Brohg Augur

That is incorrect in every way
  2. Damoncord Augur

Maybe you should test it on someone with real aggro not just pulling the mob.
    Insult does a set amount of hate, if you are not within that amount of the person who has aggro it will not give you the top slot.

Rank 1 Hate Generated 10379
    Rank 2 Hate Generated 10898
    Rank 3 Hate Generated 11443
  3. Rakknar Elder

There is just so much fail in that video...
  4. Narogg Augur

Are you seriously saying a puller does not have " Real Aggro" on the mob they are pulling to camp?

The hate meter clearly shows otherwise with a fat red 100.
  5. Narogg Augur

Where is your instructional video of how the warrior insult ability works? I would love to see it.
  6. Narogg Augur

I believe the warrior would have had to have been within 10kish of actual hate of the paladin for it to turn the mob from the paladin to the warrior on the meter, but you knew that already before you even posted or did the test.

I did a hate available chart a little while back when I was playing with my paladin.
    [IMG]

You did not mention which crush you dropped, but as you can see the Paladin Crush line up is really good for raw hate. If you dropped 6 Crush of the Darkened Seas - you would have built up 47,544 raw hate. Dropping the warrior insult which is 10898 raw hate would not have turned the mob onto the warrior nor should it. If you video the warriors hate meter and do the same test again you will see the warriors hate meter rise a little but not reach 100.
    I use the insult ability as a ranged taunt on mobs that do not actively have another player tanking them.
  7. Narogg Augur

/boggle
    Did you have a stroke mid post?
    Where is your explanation of why?
    Do you stand in court and tell the judge, That is incorrect in every way and walk out?
    Do you tell your wife, That is incorrect in every way and walk off?
  8. p2aa Augur

Gut Punch, Cyclone Roar, Tormenting Shout,Blast of Anger etc can fill this role too then.

What we say is that for Raids, for example on a boss mob, when you need to take aggro of former tank, Insult and Projection of Fury won't turn the mob to you.
    Ageless, Area Taunt, Unbroken + one aggro disc, Warlord Grasp are the abilities that will work for it.
    Narogg likes this.
  9. Qbert Gallifreyan

I'm trying to understand your chart. What is the purpose of listing multiple sets of paladin spells that have shared timers?

• Crush of Povar and Crush of Tarew both share a timer with Lesson of Grief
    • Force of the Darkened Sea, Force of Abrogation and Force of the Iceclad are all on the same timer as Crush of the Darkened Sea
  10. Dre. Altoholic

You could have accomplished the same thing with a missed arrow (archery)

Is your friend a ranger? Have them pull the mob with an arrow, cast a nuke and then start tanking the mob. Then press Insult (standing a good distance away) and see if Insult peels agro.

You could repeat the same test with Blast of Anger, just for fun.
  11. Narogg Augur

I was leveling the paladin and just wanted to see the upgrade to the raw hate numbers. The chart lets me easily see it.

Yeah in no way was that chart supposed to be a rotation, sorry if you read it that way.
  12. Damoncord Augur

Initial hate is capped VERY low, IIRC less than 500, so if all they have done is tagged the mob, then you could almost throw a rock and get aggro with it.
  13. Damoncord Augur

Here's the thing, that Skill line does nothing for Warriors.

It's just in the database because the Caster's spells each have a skill that the game has to check. Like my Wizzy uses a lot of Evocation, there's the other skills but Warriors don't have ANY of the casting skills so they just plugged something in to keep from having holes in the database.
    Iila likes this.
  14. Ravengloome Augur

Broski

http://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=43330

I have a 30% hate mod mask (iirc? 17th Anni one)

So 6 of those just woke up mathing it is over 120k hate.

Also your paladin hate chart is filled with incorrect values. Like blatantly wrong, serene_fippy made a good one use hers she actually tested and found the real values those abilities generate since some paladin abilities generate more or less rhen the override would suggest they do, because EQ coding is fail.
    Rorce likes this.
  15. Ravengloome Augur

Initial hate is 1200 capped, but I just woke up so I might be thinking of debuff aggro cap
  16. Ravengloome Augur

Taunt + 2 hate turns any mob in any zone anywhere that is not aggro locked. So insult does not taunt.
  17. Triconix Augur

You literally just proved that Insult was not a taunt ability by this explanation. The fact that a warrior did not reach the top aggro spot or 99% on the aggro meter means it's not a taunt. It doesn't matter how much aggro the paladin had - he could've used 1,000 crushes. If insult was a taunt ability, it would've shot the warrior up to first on the aggro meter momentarily.

If you think Insult is a taunt ability based on that video, you could literally plug in any aggro ability in your arsenal as an "aggro getter" because the puller doesn't have very much aggro at all.

You also need to update your chart. The numbers are off because they've updated hate numbers a little while ago.
    I thought raw hate cap was even lower, like 100-200. I could be wrong though.
    Is this supposed to impress us?
    Iila likes this.
  18. shiftie Augur

Is this a real conversation?
    Elricvonclief and Iila like this.
  19. Narogg Augur

Thanks Triconix, I was unaware they updated the hate values
  20. Damoncord Augur

This is after I re-Rolled Damoncord years ago, your numbers aren't as impressive as you think.
    Damoncord Birthday January 31, 2004.
    Total time played 382 days 4, hours 8 minutes.
    Total time on account, 13 years 8 days.