Ancient Cloak of Flames (raid item) off Death Beetle

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 23, 2013.

1. wingz-83 Augur

Maybe between different botted toons. :cool:
  2. Laronk Augur

Ahh not likely, most boxers just loot anything that isn't no drop with 1 character
  3. Deloehne Augur

I guess I'm not most boxers; if I got a second one it would go on my warrior bot immediately, then my shaman, then what ever other toon happened to be nearby. Or I'd give it to a guildie. I would not have more than one or two on me ever, amazing streaks of luck aside. One of my other accounts might have such things on a trader, but again, probably not many at a time.
  4. Rhayzer TheTrickster Lorekeeper

This hardcore is just like the Robot Guardian Mech mistake. People will steal, kill, and plunder for their super duper stuff. The chase is not so much with the item, but the lame Named that you have in the zones. Besides a few augs, the rest of them are junk trash loot barely good for tribute. If it is a chase item, then why is it being sold at high prices and perma camped. Once again, sony missed its mark. Should make it no drop and keep in form with raid items.
  5. Drathus Augur

We had about 600+ Throwing Boulders between us, 12 hours at Efreeti (clearing all the Imps and Lava Elementals), and a fairly long camp at royals before the cloak dropped for us. It was randomed between 5 people. So, we were getting close to the 2,000 kills number. We had two groups going (not in raid) with mercs out. I seriously doubt there are any special mechanics preventing a cloak from dropping. It's just that after so many hours of trying to get something, people minds start to question and make up reasons that it may not be dropping. The simple fact is that this item is rare.

Some people are getting lucky, others are well above the 2,000 kills mark. There may even be box groups who do not need to random to multiple people and have received multiple cloaks. However the comments here in this forum that make it appear like cloaks are raining down on Norrath are greatly exaggerated.

I'd also like to make another observation. The regular loot dropping from the named is not junk. It is level 90 req / 95 rec. For that level range, all the loot is superior to group drops you can regularly attain. Generally, the loot has higher AC, HME, and stats. In many cases the loot is equal to VoA T1 and T2 raid loot, with the exception of weapon ratios. It is junk for a raider in VOA or RoF raid gear, or a grouper that is already 100 in RoF group gear (for the most part). However, the loot is not prestige and can be worn by a FTP level 90. In many cases the AC and HP on these items will make up for the poor selection of non-prestige augs. It is also rumored that FTP will be extended to VOA and level 95 very soon, making these items sought after by everyone in that level range . . . 90-95.
  6. Laronk Augur

Ahh I leave lots of junk on bodies so I just loot with my cleric and hand to who ever needs it.
  7. Kable Lorekeeper

I truly know what you mean I'm on everyday in that zone either at imps or magus/tragic 8-10 a day pure slaughter house not a single cloak but the other night I box one of my guilded a shaman everyday first night he plays were at imp camp I ask to wash dishes he kills while I'm afk he gets a cloak
  8. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

Yeah, I've seen my share of painfully lucky folks too. One thing I did to comfort myself between spawns was pull out something like http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/math/Exponent_Calculator.htm and play with my sample size. Even assuming the drop rate is 1/1000 (and by most accounts it isn't that bad), you can see that as your number of kills grows it becomes much less likely you won't have seen a cloak. That doesn't mean you're any more likely to get one on kill #2001 than you are on #1, but it does mean that only 0.1 % of people will have a cloak by kill #1 and 87 %~ of people will have a cloak by #2001. Just keep at it.
  9. Drathus Augur

Yes, but 87% of groups will have a cloak, not individuals ; ) Not everyone is botting a group. To spend days killing 2000 npcs (as in our experience) and have one cloak drop, means one person in the group gets a cloak. That isn't a complaint, just an observation. Again, these cloaks are chase items and in our experience, rare to the point that not everyone in our group will get one even if we live in Sol B for the duration of the event.
  10. Viltaire Augur

Had a camp stolen from me this morning. Wanted to try and get it for the wife, but it didn't happen. I just said screw it and watched tv. It's a nice item, but not worth the hassle that can be associated with everybody and their mother camping it.
  11. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

Fair enough, I'm approaching this from the perspective of someone moloing, which is a pretty common practice for several classes. It took me all day moloing to kill 1,000 mobs, so a group should theoretically be able to do >3,000 in the same time period, but of course the main constraint in that is having the camp size to do it.
  12. Kurayami Augur

Good alternate plan, I arrived to a very camped SolB last night, so I just did some lava collections, helped a guildy get CH2 mission done to get the aug, did CH1 mission too just for kicks. Then I casually killed in MM for a few hours. Was very nice and peaceful, I'm not so sure going back to SolB would be such a great idea now, even if the cloak is so good. High blood pressure and renewed hatred toward your fellow gamer just isn't worth it.
  13. Bamkan Augur

People who have cloaks shouldn't dole out advice to those that do not :)
  14. Kurayami Augur

Not having one or not is irrelevant, and you know it. The desire to own as many of these is very real for anyone out there. Nice way to attack a post that was meant to be encouraging, go back to dying to King Tranix please.
  15. gcubed Augur

If you are asking what I think you are...

Zone wide drop means that any mob in the zone has a chance to spawn with it. It does not mean only one mob can have it. If the cloak has a 0.3% chance of dropping (3 in 1000), then when a mob spawns, a 1000 sided dice is rolled. If 1, 2, or 3 is rolled the mob has the cloak. If anything else is rolled it does not. This is done for every mob when it spawns and does not take into account what other mobs have rolled. In theory, it would be possible (although, very, very, very, very unlikely) that every mob in the zone could have the cloak on it. It is also possible (and quite a bit more likely) that there are times when no mob has the cloak.
  16. Silv Augur

The one I got dropped off of a named- Efreeti Lord D- so I'm fairly certain *anything* can drop it... so the people who have avoided killing named, well, are just missing another chance. I know of at least one other person who got their ACoF from a named mob as well.

(And to clarify- the named dropped their normal loot AND the ACOF at the same time; subsequent kills of the same named just yielded their "normal" loot. So named can drop it; if it's (drop rate) the same % as trash or higher- couldn't say.)
  17. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

I am complete outraged! I have been in sol b for a total of 10 minutes constantly trying to restart the raid and while waiting we killed at least 20 mobs and I didn't get a single cloak!

Really I noticed no one commented here today I didn't want the thread to die
  18. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

Did you check a single account? or did u check IP's? someone coulda camped 8 of these and looted them on different toons.
  19. --Voodoo-- Augur

Keep in mind that the guy who claimed to get 8 made that claim at 11 am Sunday.
  20. Brogett Augur

20 mobs in 10 minutes! Sheesh. /dpsrant ;-)