Ancient Cloak of Flames (raid item) off Death Beetle

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Kable Lorekeeper

Im lose my mind everyday maybe 8 hours camping it and not a single F*cking drop is unreal this what make eq
  2. Insaneox Augur

Same deal for me today. My twink dinged 250 aa and other leveled 98-100 after the 250 aa and Zero cloaks.
  3. Kravitz Augur

I sold 4 cloaks at 15-20 krono's each, not sure why he'd think that.
  4. boukk_sebilis Augur

because he can actually check if it's true.
  5. Brosa Augur

The problem with this is they made these chase items tradable. They should have been not tradable heirloom. Trying to fight with the 50+ people in the zone who are going for there #whatever to sell for krono is ridiculous. Not to mention the raid guilds who have the best camps permacamped with a set schedule for 2-3-5 boxers to rotate in.
  6. Mykaylla Augur

It doesn't really matter if they're tradeable or not- if they were no drop, people would just sell loot rights.
  7. Kravitz Augur

I really don't see the problem with them being tradable, its only 2 items in the game that are considered worth chasing. Given the amount of time invested in farming these, I don't see an issue getting Krono in return instead of plat. My guess is that SOE intended it this way, so people would buy more Krono, increasing sales of Krono this way.

Like I said before, everyone wins, the person who gets the item, the person getting the Krono, and SOE getting the best deal with $18 of real cash for a piece of pixel.

I'd be willing to to prove its true, by showing the # of Krono in a trade window, give me a server and character name and I'll be glad to show you in game.
  8. Vmas Elder

got my cloak from naggy raid, its lower ac/hp but i only want the clicker, can get the T4 Cloak with guild
  9. boukk_sebilis Augur

You re giving me a krono if I show up to check?:)
  10. Blacksun Elder

If they really wanted to address this, they would have instanced the zone (and lock the mission after people enter) and made the cloak no-drop. Adjust the drop rates to accommodate whatever scarcity SOE wanted and voila, less drama.
  11. Ishtass Augur

It wouldn't be hardcore heritage without this old school competition.
  12. 1andOnly Journeyman

Wouldn't be so bad if there was more regular named loot worth farming in naggy's lair either, as a way to distract us from how craptastic the droprate is on cloak now. :p
    MM has 2 decent augs and an aggro clicky BP, lair just has the fast 2-hander toy for monks?

Also why they bothered putting attuneable on the cloak or ring baffles me if they are intended to be tradeable, when http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=89867 will remedy that anyway.
  13. BoomWalker Augur

If the item was simply LORE it would cut down on the farming a bit...it is LORE once attuned now.

So, make it LORE...sure people can run alts in to loot or guildies...but it would cut down on folks trying to get multiples in a group...a little.

NO TRADE is a bit harsh really. If someone wants to sell it fine...just don't let them load up on multiples on the same toon. Shrug.
  14. Keille New Member

No even attuned it is NOT lore.
    It is your augment in it that would give the LORE tag.

Seems the drop rate has been dramatically ninja nerfed.
    0 drops in 15+ hours a day at imps (since last thursday). Even starting to wonder if there is not a bug that totally removed the drop from imps / elementals as it does still drop in zone, but very rarely.
  15. Warpiggs Augur

Got mine today. Took about 20 hours-ish. But it finally dropped :)
    Pirlo likes this.
  16. BoomWalker Augur

Hmmm...makes sense then...all the attuned ones I have been linked were auged...thx for clarification.
  17. Recnarp Augur

Yeah, people could still sell loot rights, but I think it would make people a lot less inclined to farm it. You kill a mob, the cloak drops, and now you gotta find someone within 30mins to hand you however much million plat you are asking for. Maybe you could find a buyer within 30mins, but what if it drops at 3am when like no one is on?

Idk, I still think no-drop would've helped lessen the amount players looking to sell it instead of use it.

(it would also help deter players from spending dkp on the raid version, buying an unattuner from the loyalty vender, and selling the group drop one =p)
  18. Mykaylla Augur

Well, I'm operating on the basis of the server I'm on- there's people sitting at zone-in nearly all the time, and none of the cloaks make it as far as the bazaar- they get snapped up straight away if they're for sale, and I'm sure some are being horded for a rainy day when the zones are no longer available.

I've had horrible luck. It took three days to see one, haven't seen one since. I am not interested in selling them- I want to wear it. :(
  19. Edrick Augur

I know the luck is terrible, but we'll get you one, promise. As Darth Vader said to Voldemort upon the forming of the Fellowship, "You have my buster sword."
  20. Insaneox Augur

I've spent countless hours on this and have seen zero. With work in real life unlikely will waste more time on it. More twink item for me mainly wanted for prestige/ nostalgia. Oh well damn RNG sucks at times.