Ancient Cloak of Flames (raid item) off Death Beetle

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Zandal Lorekeeper

Another 20 hours or so in this weekend and nothing still. I'm not sure how many total hours, but I'm pretty certain that it's over 75. Devs really screwed everyone who did not rush right into the zone and start farming; seriously considering cancelling my accounts over this. Ridiculous.
  2. Tarrin Augur

At least you are drawing your line in the sand over a game changing issue.
  3. Edrick Augur

That is really a kneejerk reaction. Rare items have existed since the beginning of the game. You have to accept you don't win 100% of the time. I was in SolB last night before you arrived, and someone got two cloaks within the span of 15 minutes, making his cloak amount a grand total of eight. That probably lies on the extreme fringe of the bell curve, but that is how luck goes.

I can't count many times over the course of EQ where I wanted an item so badly that I would have given up almost anything to have it. You win some, you lose some. I'm sorry you are getting hosed, but the RNG favors no one.
  4. Zandal Lorekeeper

While I'm pissed I've not gotten one, I'm more pissed that they changed the rules of the game and penalized those of us who didn't rush right into the zone when it went live.
  5. Ronak Augur

The RNG favors the lucky, and punishes the unlucky. Just like in Vegas, irl!
  6. Astehroth Elder

The ancient cloak was nothing more than a cynical attempt to keep peoples memberships going while they fart around making bugs for the new expansion. Said bugs will be fixed in 2 months time and we will have dangled about ourselves the prospect of more minor DL content.

EQ by osmosis, get used to it.
  7. Falos Augur

I suspect the person in question was trolling / exaggerating their cloak count because his camp was near mine anr around the same time he had said woot got my 8th or something to that effect he had been killing non stop and the mob was at like half health around the same time he was claiming he had just gotten a new one... It's possible he was telling the truth but I am overly skeptical (not that it matters in the grand scheme of things)
  8. Edrick Augur

That certainly is a possibility. It sure is a weird thing to troll or exaggerate about, though.

On that note, WTS 5,000 Masks of Tinkering. PST.
  9. Zandal Lorekeeper

Another 5 hours plus in the final push, and nada. I don't think I can justify giving you 1 additional dollar of my hard earned $ after this nonsense. Furthermore, everything I've heard about the new expansion is that it sucks, so might be adios time again for this guy. I went away for 5 1/2 years before, and likely should have stayed gone. I'm pretty unhappy about this garbage.
  10. Hoosierdaddy Lorekeeper

13 Cloaks over 30 days.

Rough Breakdown:

Most cloaks per hour burned; first week.

Very slow drop rate after that until;

Last 3 days .. none dropped.

There was obvious manipulation of the drop rate by the dev's during this period. This is based upon my experience spending hundreds of hours camping the cloak in the last month.

IMHO, the zone was open 2 weeks too long.

Edited to add just for fun: On one occasion had a cloak drop on 4th kill after entering zone and had a second one drop 30 minutes later. Also went 3 - 4 days one period with nada!
  11. Kylo Elder

A lot of people get burn out by this event
  12. Gragas Augur

Then thank god it's over until next year!
  13. Zandal Lorekeeper

What do you mean, obvious? They admitted to it, and that's what I'm so damn furious about.

13, huh? Good for you.
  14. Hoosierdaddy Lorekeeper

Yes, 13. But keep in mind that I spent over 250 hours in there ... maybe closer to 300.

I saw something by the dev's about a drop rate reduction of .01%. Unless there is some tortured math represented by that, the reduction I saw was much greater than .01%. I also personally believe that the drop rate was changed twice.
  15. Zandal Lorekeeper

Oh, well, I see Hoosier. So, I am quite certain I spent over 75, if not over 80. So, don't you think I should have seen 1 or 2 given the math? Oh wait, u likely got most of yours in the first week when you were farming them? Correct?
  16. Hoosierdaddy Lorekeeper

I didn't get into the zone for the first few days as I was out of town. I'm guessing (best guess) 5 cloaks in my first week. 8 in the next 2 weeks or so. None in the last 3 days. I have heard of people going more than 100 hours without a cloak .. so the RNG still rules the roost!
    ps. those cloaks went to my guild and my alts. I'm already rich and have no need for pp.