Ancient Cloak of Flames (raid item) off Death Beetle

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kelefane, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Kravitz Augur

This is one of the best things SOE dev team has done. Because everyone has been after the cloak and the Crested Mistmoore RIng, I've picked up over 70 Krono this past week, thats enough for the next 2-3 years of sub time for me. Everyone wins!
  2. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Sniff sniff, I'm starting to smell it again
  3. Gnar Augur

They knew that making the cloak and ring attunable was going to boost their Krono sales.
  4. boukk_sebilis Augur

hey elidroth , while you here, could you tell us if the aug from nagafen going to be made a cursor reward or is going to stay as it is (loot only), thanks !
  5. Kravitz Augur

Huh?
  6. Brosa Augur

Took me 834 kills to see my first cloak. Looted it and on to CMM to get a few rings for my shammy. Up to 329 kills there and havn't seen a ring yet. If the same goes for the ring as the cloak I'm looking at over 1600 mobs in CMM to finish my shammy off. Uhg
  7. Gotyer New Member

Yeah, i'm at just over 700 kills today, and no cloak. From asking around, ive only heard of one other person on my server who got one today. Of course my sample size isnt large enough, but it really seems like they nerfed the drop rate again. I just wish there were some kind of announcement when stuff like that happens.
  8. Morikage New Member

After reading some prior posts and spending another unsuccessful day hunting for the cloak I dug through my log files to pull some numbers. Over the course of the past 36 hours online I've killed 1500 mobs in a mix of moloing and group work and still not a drop. Needless to say, this flys in the face of the 1/1000 supposed drop rate. Also, over the past 3 days, I haven't seen any drops for other groups in the zone on Drinal, or at least nobody has said anything about it. Since much of my camping has been after the emergency zone reset to correct the spawning of the Bad Kobloid Poem, I can't help but wonder if the drop table for the cloak got screwed up when they fixed the poem issue. Of course the saddest thing is, as annoying as it is I will probably still go back to the grind when I log on again because I really want a cloak.
  9. Tanecho Augur

Assuming a 1/1000 drop rate, the chance of you not seeing a cloak after 1500 kills is 22.3%. Unfortunate, but certainly not unlikely enough to say that 1/1000 is incorrect.
  10. Kable Lorekeeper

are they still dropping no one on AB server seen one yet in past 2 days?
  11. Derd Augur

No one? Everyone in zone 24 hours a day reports to someone with a status update?
    Pirlo likes this.
  12. Gotyer New Member

Of course we cant say 'no one,' but compared to the number of people who were announcing their finds in the first days, the number looted has dropped significantly, and they seem so rare that people are more excited to get them now than they were even at release and thus more likely to say something.
  13. Barbwarrior Augur

Why was all SolB mobs depoped and repoped on friday? and it wasnt to do with raid npc he was already there I think they nerfed drop rate I miss gettin 2 cloaks per day
  14. SpamFactory Augur

I got one this morning from a fire giant on FV
  15. Pirlo Augur

He is saying you are full of #@$%
  16. savrin Augur

These do seem to be ultrarare now. I am okay with this since its the current best melee cloak in the whole game. I would not mind if they did this stuff more in the future as long as it is very rare like it is now. I would hate to try to buy them though. No doubt the increased rarity will make the price for these skyrocket.

Someone on xegony announced in ooc they got one so I know they still drop just mega-rare and that is fine by me.
  17. Drathus Augur

Was waiting for the typical responses like, "are JBoots slower today?" However, in the last two days, I have seen very few shouts of glee as people got their cloaks. And yes, obviously not everyone shouts them out, but it was kind of a thing to do on our server. Typically, when the zones was full and all the mobs being killed, we would get a shout out every few hours. In the past two days, I'm not sure when the last emergency patch went in, the shouts of glee have been replaces with shouts of, "has anyone looted a cloak today?"

With it being only two days, and the cloak as rare as it is, it could just been a bad run of luck. It's possible nothing was changed. IF the rate was decreased, I doubt we will hear anything . . . too much hatred from those that have been camping the cloak for days and missed out on the higher rate.

We are killing 14 mobs every 10 minutes, with the occasional lapse for bathroom breaks and coffee. Since yesterday, we have 21 hours of slaughter . . . approximately 1,700 dead mobs with no cloak. I did loot a cloak a few days ago, but I didn't win it.

Oh, and I'm not complaining, simply making observations.
  18. Drathus Augur

Hehe, have to ask if you have your cloak already? =P
  19. Barbwarrior Augur

it was thursday they depoped all the mobs and repoped them since then drop rate sucks
  20. savrin Augur

I did get mine on Monday. I said so earlier in this thread. For t4 raid loot that even raiders would replace if they were lucky enough to get one, I think the drop rate is fine. Will everyone get one? Probably not. Most of my raid gear I earned by doing the raids. This cloak is the only exception.

If for whatever reason I never got one, I would probably buy one. I would not like it, but I would because it is that good. So I would get one regardless. It only saves me plat I would not spend otherwise and dkp.