An Update & Announcement from Project 1999!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Apr 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Recognizing P99 and helping them take players away from Live are two different things. P99 may be legal but obviously the way people are acquiring the software currently isn't.
  2. RadarX Augur

Folks let me elaborate on my last statement. Please refrain from discussion regarding EQ Titanium, legalities of it, Torrent, etc...

I won't speak for the P99 folks but I don't think they'd mind such discussion over on their forums in a more appropriate venue.
  3. Sinzz Augur

p99 and everquest live is totally different as in eq1 is to eq2 honestly I doubt anyone who enjoys present game or tlp servers would quit here and go there and vice versa, I have played both and enjoyed both but not everyone is cut out for true classic and imho p99 brings all the bad back yet nerfs some of the good old fun we enjoyed, but they have to just like I am sure bards will be next to be nerfed as was mages .
  4. playful0 Journeyman

its roshen you will prolly get yuor post deleted every time you mention p99 anyways lol. hes a happy delete kinda guy. even when you break no user posting guidelines
  5. Disastrus New Member

The p99 that shall not be named. I tried it out and lurked their forums for a while. There are some good people there, and there are some truly monstrous, terrible people. Apparently, there are players tere making money off of what they call "RMT" or real money transfers for in-game items, and some of the staff were also complicit. Plat and item sellers are all over there since some of the players there have millions and millions of plat. If someone "donates" to the project, a blind eye is turned their way. It was fun fr a bit, but the constant feuding over raid content and the psychotic cesspool that is their pvp server is just to much. They need to either wipe the server or shut it down and put it into the hands of daybreak so honest people can run it.
  6. Duckforceone Lord of the Ducks

for this olive branch you have given p99 and all the nostalgics out there, i will resub to you and play on ragefire.... :D

awesome new steps daybreak..... i think i might fall in love with you all....
    Fallfyres likes this.
  7. Duckforceone Lord of the Ducks

actually p99 folks don't allow that either... they want you to buy a copy of it....
  8. Nolrog Augur

For someone like me, that has an interest in playing, but wants to play without resorting to nefarious means, this agreement doesn't really mean much. So they are recognized, but you still have to do not kosher things to be able to play. How does that help? It actually forces more people to do tha now that P99 is recognized.

I would happily pay DBG for the item that must not be named; I think they are missing the opportunity to add a quiick bit of money. But I won't get it through "other means" so the agreement does nothing to help me check out P99.
  9. Zansobar Augur

So why would you have to do something nefarious? Just buy the software legitimately like I did, problem solved.
  10. Nolrog Augur

I don't have a spare $150 laying around to spend on a copy. Nor would I, even if I did have the money. So maybe you were willing to pay thru the nose for that, but I am not. So no, problem not remotely solved.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I doubt many here care to see that problem solved anyway.. I know I don't.
  12. Beltayne New Member

I enjoyed p99 right upto the point i hit lvl 12 went to oasis and saw how many lvl 10's were running arround with their epics :(
  13. Numiko Augur

I have a copy of Titanium, i'm just leery about that DLL they install that "phones home" with information about my computer.

Yes I know they say it is just how they detect boxers but it reminds me to much of the Emerald scandal in Second Life where some guy created a (very popular) custom viewer to use for that game.. until someone discovered it was "phoning home" too ..

and with further investigations it was found this person was using it to take control of other peoples computers who had this viewer installed to launch DDOS attacks against people he did not like.

Both he and his viewer were quickly banned by Linden Labs.

https://emeraldscandal.wordpress.com/updated-timeline/
    Barton, code-zero and guado like this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well the guy running the server apparently makes all sorts of money from selling plat and items for cash. So the whole non profit thing about that place is bogus who knows what else is.
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Rogean Lorekeeper

Hey all,

Since there have been a few posts about this I would like to advise everyone not to feed too much into the trolls. Project 1999 takes a very active and firm stance against any sort of RMT activity, as indicated by our rules and previous announcement posts on our website. I can assure all of you that none of the current staff members participate in this behavior. We spend a tremendous amount of effort to ensure a fair and legitimate experience for all players, especially for a volunteer project. These accusations are unfounded and unproven.

I will not be making any further posts about this subject here. If you have any concerns please feel free to PM me here or on our forums and I will address any questions you have.

Thanks!

Rog
  16. OldAsYouAre New Member

Is this true? I was thinking about playing on p99 but now I am not so sure I want to. Is this a pay to cheat/win thing people are exploiting?
  17. Dredlox Elder

Nah, no exploiting, just with hardly any character advancement people have tons of plat. You can buy a rogue epic , the ports, a rogue tutorial all for 30k! Most raid mobs die within seconds of spawning so buying is about the only way to progress at the moment.
  18. Zansobar Augur

This is WAAAY overstated. There are so many newbies joining the server everyday that you will never have a need to group with player alts with epics. There are groups all over the place, most high end alts like those mentioned above will just get powerleveled instead of conventionally group. And of course, this behavior (twinking out of alts) is not something that is unique to P99, it is the defacto standard in EQ live.

Once the Blue Recycle server launches this issue will be much less of a concern.
  19. Coka Lorekeeper

On P99 the owners have been benefiting from RMT for years.

I got banned from the forums for bringing this up! What they'll do is allow plat sellers to roam free for a while then do a massive banwave... GG!

Server has got some great people on it who I met on Live many years ago!
  20. Zansobar Augur

The Project 1999 Blue server has really seen a huge increase in interest lately, and I can only assume it was due to the publicity of the Daybreak agreement. The server reached a peak population of over 1765 today (Sunday). I'm pretty sure before the announcement it was routinely just slightly over 1500 peak. If this keeps up P99 will have to launch a couple more servers to meet the demand.

Kudos to Daybreak!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.