An Epic Request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mellifleur, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Crystilla Augur

You should only have to enter the zone while not grouped/no merc out as far as I can tell.

Editted to add - pay attention to any text you get. Some folks have been told if they dont' have the right spells to complete the subquest, they get told that in the quest spam.
  2. Talif Augur

Did you actually go into center of the water cave? That's where I got the update for it on my wizard, assume you have to go there to actually start the event.
  3. Elite Lorekeeper

I went in the water cave and through every tunnel. From what I've read, when I get to the necromancer part (I'm a necro) I should get text as I enter Everfrost Peaks and I need to say something to a Hollow Man. I get no text and cant find a hollow man anywhere. I even brought my alt ranger there to try to track "hollow man" but unfortunately nothing so far.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thanks Dzarn for this fab quest well worth waiting for.

Love the wizzy one, I need to do it again now, to take in everything which was going on around me. I was concentrating too much on what I had to do, I missed a lot of the cool stuff :)

Helped out with the other halfs ranger quest tonight and he is jealous at how cool the wizzy one is....need to level more classes so I can do there epic ornamentation quest as well. :)
    -----Cinexa----- and Reht like this.
  5. roguerunner Augur

cleric one was great A+
    took me a while to figure out i had to suspend merc to start the individual portion
    shame on the rest of you for not having a complete spellbook! ;)
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. iaediil New Member

i'm on the second blessing part of the cleric task how do you gain the npc's attention on the other island? its totally doing my head in
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. roguerunner Augur

what spell do you have that is a "Y"ell?
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. iaediil New Member

ha honestly didnt think of that ty
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Mykaylla Augur

I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world - Walt Whitman

Walt Whitman was a cleric. Who knew?
    Fenthen and Mellifleur like this.
  10. iaediil New Member

i've managed to release 2 of the 3 priests just can't figure out the one that punts u away
  11. roguerunner Augur

what can you do to get rid of an enemy's rage?
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Talif Augur

I need to get back to the faire and get myself that epic cloth shirt!
  13. Warpiggs Augur

Did this quest for my Necro, Cleric, and Enchanter. Man good job on these quests Dzarn. I had a blast doing them. Now I just need to do my Druids :)
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  14. Jyve Augur

So cool to see/do all this stuff again. I want to see the ones for classes I've not got epics for!
  15. Elite Lorekeeper

Can anyone confirm that I should get text for the solo part of necromancer quest as I zone in to Everfrost Peaks? And also does it matter whether I zone in from PoK or from magus in lobby? Thanks in advance.
  16. Riou EQResource

You don't get text upon zoning in no, you have to go to the update spot to begin it. Which way you zone in does not matter.
  17. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

How the hell did you all find the updates? I've been walking around Freeport for an hour, gave up and tried North Ro - been at it an hour. The clues are absolutely non descriptive and way too vague.

This is the worst quest I have ever tried to do in this game. Running around zones you haven't been in for 10 years is neither fun nor nostalgic.

Please just give the updates upon zoning in.
  18. Riou EQResource

http://special.eqresource.com/anepicrequest.php

;) - The West Freeport one is about halfway up the port in spot there is a side room with a star solar system on the ceiling, in there is the update spot for Wizard
  19. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

I did the Druid one, well cause a Druid is the only toon i'm playing at the moment. heh!
    I have to say the druid quest has been by far one of the most unique, well thought out and fun quests I have done in a long time. If the other class quests are like the druid one it doe's make you have to know the class.

It was an easy quest per se, No super hard raid type boss quad hitting you for 100k or overly complex mechanics where you will need doctorate degree's in philosophy and mathematics to figure out but you really do have to think about what the class can do and has for spells/abilities. I was digging up spells in my spell book I haven't used in ages or spells I have never used. This was a very well thought out quest I think.

I also suggest that people should not skip thru the dialogue, that in itself is cool lore stuff plus it also has clues in them for what you may have to do next. :)

One more thing I suggest to anyone going to do these. When enough people start finnsihing these quests don't read any write ups on it for what to do. It was fun to figure it out on your own (At least it was for me). Its really not that hard if you know the class. I just wish I could do it again because I missed some of the stuff going on because I was to busy thinking about what I should be doing next.
    Mellifleur likes this.
  20. Riou EQResource

You can do it again, once your 20 hour lockout is up, you have to do it a 2nd time if you want the other set of Ornaments (1.0 vs 1.5+2.0 combo flag)