An Epic Request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mellifleur, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Goewyn New Member

What level were you when you completed it? I'm level 72. The only way I was able to complete it was dragging the projections of piety onto the rez point and just chain-dying since there was no exp loss in the quest area. I have about 15k hp and they were routinely hitting me for 2k+ per swing. I was lucky to get off 1-2 casts before I died. If I was unlucky, I wouldn't even get off one. ;)
  2. Sinestra Augur

My SK is actually 96, but then I still rarely had to fight anything. The SK has basically a Montster Mission in it and that was much harder.

I can't speak on other classes, only SKs. When in the Freeport mission though, I killed the projections without trouble and my level would have made no difference. Did you use your spells?
  3. Riou EQResource

Epic Ornamentation's are way harder the lower AA and Level and Gear you go, it doesn't scale down well at all on a bunch of them (for higher Level/AA/Gear people it's a joke, the Lower you go the harder it becomes)

If there are multiple projections though, then I believe Goewyn took the Paladin path instead of Shadow Knight path which makes the end part harder.
  4. Sinestra Augur

That makes sense. Aren't the projections in the Freeport part of the mission though where it's a monster mission?
  5. Riou EQResource

Nah those ones you fight after you invis in the black cloud thing, I think you skip all of that if you go pure SK route? Then you fight 1 if you are more SK then Paladin (Have anything >0 in Paladin route, but < SK points), and you fight 4 if you are more Paladin then SK (Have more Paladin points then SK points)
  6. Owl56 Elder

Just completed the Shaman request. Thank you for reminding me why the original Shaman epics were the most beautiful in EQ
  7. Dre. Altoholic

The Wizard one might be doable at level 4, heh

I had the hardest time with the Druid event. My druid was 77, well geared (raid/fabled) and 500 of what I thought were well-spent AA. Inearly ran out of time in the instance due to the difficulty of the mobs, they just had too many hp. I needed staunch to kill the first dark elf ffs, whom I wasted too much time rooting off while trying to figure out the corrupted arms (text implies you shouldn't let him bother you)

The Rangers really ripped me up and forced me to gate several times. I was given the opportunity to "cheat" (see below) which I took just to be done with it.

I lucked out immensely in 3 ways:
    • Not I, but players who "bypass" 1.0 will have one heck of a time with the poachers.
    • I happened by a 91 mage to give me Surge after my 4th failure against the Rangers.
    • As a complete fluke, I guessed correctly on the first accusal.
    That combined with the initial "go comb the Karanas with ambiguous clues" made it easily my least favorite quest.

The Paladin event was my favorite, hands-down. It was straightforward, fun, fast and super cool. I totally geeked during the waves of zombies in the graveyard. Plus you can get outside help, have spectators or just show off to noobs in the zone. If I could change anything about this quest I'd make it longer!

In comparison the Warrior one was horrible. Stand around the chessboard and get beat up by forgettable mobs while you mash abilities that need to be executed in precise sequence and your only clues are the 'WRONG!' yellow text when you don't do it perfectly. The only saving grace - it was short.