An Epic Request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mellifleur, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Elite Lorekeeper

Finally got going on this quest for necromancer, thanks all. I can beat all of it but the part with the silent spy. I havent figured out how to get the mercenaries to leave yet. I went blind once then tried again and timed out. Anyone have any tips? I've studied the text now cant seem to figure it out.
  2. Mellifleur Augur

I Whisperwinded into the camp and lost on purpose. I'm sure some others would like to know how to "Win" it.
  3. Mellifleur Augur

I disagree. The quest details really do explain where to go and what to look for...

Some Google-Fu goes a long way as well.

The descriptions for Freeport are the Planets in the system Norrath is in.

On the 4th floor of the Academy of Arcane Sciences there is a planetary system on the ceiling with a star chart.

North ro.. think.. Lranc is a Shadowknight.... Freeport Shadowknight guild is in the sewers...
  4. Elite Lorekeeper

Mel how did you complete the aug and get the update while failing it? I keep getting the message that I need to activate 1 more rune. I completed everything but that spy part twice now and cant get quest to update.
  5. Elite Lorekeeper

Finished it! Apparently I missed Intel.
    Mellifleur likes this.
  6. Tobynn Augur

The clues are quite descriptive and not at all vague. Some of these class-specific events are among the best quests I have ever done in game. I can only assume that you have next to zero knowledge of EQ lore, otherwise you would not have wandered around aimlessly for hours.
    Fenthen and Mellifleur like this.
  7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Did this last night.

My complaint isn't so much that the updates are hard to find... its that they are all over, and I am a porting class.

Doing my class' quest was fun. Running around to 15 other class' locations just to get a location update wasn't.

If it could be reworked so that you really only had to run to and do your respective class' quest, that would be good. Cause running around with no purpose other than to get an update and run to another one, isn't too fun :/.
  8. Mellifleur Augur

that would make it too easy and not at all epic... I loved the storyline tidbits on other classes.
  9. Talif Augur

I get the bit about running around to see all the class notes, but it's a whole lot less fun and interesting the second time through the quest. I took the time to read and enjoy all the lore bits when I went through the first time, the second time through it's just a chore.
  10. Mellifleur Augur

If you want a multiple ornament for the same quest you completed.

Just tell Lady Caroline

"Epic Gift"
  11. Riou EQResource

You have to run it a 2nd time if you want the other pair of ornaments though (There are 2 total flags and you can only pick 1 per quest win, 1 for 1.0 and 1 for 1.5+2.0 combo)
  12. boukk_sebilis Augur

Pally one was a bit meh, dont know about the other class, but killing easily stuff that cant even dent your hp, meh kind of a waste of time, happy about the ornament I guess tho, not happy of having to do it another time to get the other set tho....
  13. Sinestra Augur

The only portion I found difficult in the SK quest was finding Lhranc's brother in the Cleric's guild. There is a shimmering cloud at the top of the guild, but once I killed all the members of the guild I walked into that cloud 8+ times with no update. Then after checking the entire zone a third time without actually killing anything more, it updated when I entered the cloud again.
  14. Riou EQResource

You should have had to have invis on in the cloud to update it
  15. Sinestra Augur

That may have been the issue. I wasn't invis inside the guild because I killed everyone and didn't see a point.
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

Hint: remove a memorized spell, right click the empty spell gem, go to detrimental, and look at the sub spell types there.
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

I absolutely LOVED doing my Cleric ornament quest Friday morning, it was THE BEST quest I have ever done in EQ, especially since I remembered doing my Epic 1 over a decade ago. Deserted island, cursed, no help from merc/guildies/etc, needing to use my old old spells to work my way through it.
  18. Riou EQResource

Ah, when you first enter it, it should have given you an emote talking about hiding in the shadows or
    something
  19. Sinestra Augur

That may have been the case and I completely missed it. A lot of the emotes and dialogue seemed to go by too fast and not all of it seemed to come across the middle of my screen. That's distracting for me to be looking in multiple places for messages.
    Riou likes this.
  20. SpamFactory Augur

yea I've done a few of these events now and the text that appears on screen (not in a chat box) often fades away before I finish reading it.

a lot of dialouge between npcs in these mission is pretty fast too
    Sinestra and Riou like this.