An Epic Request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mellifleur, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Riou EQResource

Yea, the dialogues are quite fast
    Sinestra likes this.
  2. Sinestra Augur

Yes there were times I had to scroll back and read the dialogue between hope and emnity (I think that is what they were called) after they had zoned me and I felt like I was missing everything visually because I was so busy trying to keep up with the talking.
  3. Gumlakx Augur

I wonder if Jyve (the Bard that did all classes epics using shrouds) has run through this yet.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

I did the epic 2.0 on Friday and did it again last night before raids (2 hours on Friday, 1 hour 2 minutes clocked before raids) -- when I finally finished porting around the world and went back to Felwithe, I was only presented with my epic 1.0 ornament, whereas on Friday I had the option for 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 options.

Is the 1.5 ornament missing because I selected the 2.0 already? I was hoping to claim both, and stick the 1.5 on a random shield and throw it on a wall. I cannot throw my actual 2.0 on a wall due to it's necessary usage. Unless the ornaments contain procs/click effects, I get no decoration.=P
  5. Sinestra Augur

I know on my listing it showed the options for reward as the 1.0 and the 1.5 and 2.0 together.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

Mine were 3 separate choices originally, but the achievement has only 2 sub-completions, 1.0 and 1.5-or-2.0
  7. Sinestra Augur

I am trying to remember correctly, but I believe I had a choice of the 1.0 and then two more choices, but both had the 1.5 and 2.0.
  8. Riou EQResource

If you want 1.5s just talk to Lady Carolline and say (I believe it is "epic gift") with the 2.0 option and 1.5 option, they are combo flags (so pick 1 of either get both), so she should grant you those if you want them
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

I have both the 2.0 and 1.0 epic ornaments, is there a way to also obtain the 1.5?
  10. Riou EQResource

Yes, say "epic gift" I believe it is to Lady Caroline, she should allow you to receive 1.5 as an option
  11. Khat_Nip Meow

This is correct. You'll be given a reward window with 3 choices; 1.0, 1.5, or 2.0 if you have completed the ornament quest for both the 1.0 & 2.0.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

Excellent. When I did it the first time, I had 3 options. I chose the 2.0 shield. After 2nd completion I only received 1.0 as an option, and figured the 1.5 had been taken away. ;)

Thanks guys!
  13. Jyve Augur

Not all of them, just shammy/zerker/rogue/cleric/druid, errr... cleric 1.5.
    And alas can only get the Bard one!
    After hearing all the fun others are having, and the cool 1.0's, would love to be able to do some others. It'd get me finishing off some of the other 1.0's I worked on. It was Tnexus that did the rest of them (apart from bst).
    SOOO wanted the cleric shield and mace.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Crystilla Augur

... it's mine!!! My precious.
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. iniari-TR Augur

as a wizard , I thought the wizard task in Freeport was interesting and well made. I was disappointed that the reset of the task is just running to different zones and find a update point.
  16. Lenowill Augur

I've run into another bug (or what at least looks like a bug) that may be directly related to this quest. I'll post it here to see if anyone can confirm or share insight.

Tonight I tried helping my Enchanter friend work on his Epic 1.0. I went to East Cabilis to see if Vessel Drozlin was up.

To my surprise, the entire tunnel was devoid of mobs of any kind--none of the usual mosquitoes, no skeletons, none of the Iksar outcasts for that early Iksar Shaman Cudgel Quest. No mobs at all, and of course no Vessel Drozlin.

Does something about the Enchanter's scripted event for "An Epic Request" break the pit/tunnel/sewer area spawns after it's triggered? If it does, can we get that fixed? Cause right now, "An Epic Request" ironically seems like it at least may be breaking the Enchanter Epic 1.0 (and the Iksar shaman cudgel progression as well, for those who still enjoy completing those. I have to confess that I am that sort of person.)

I'm on EMarr, if that helps.

p.s.: "An Epic Request" itself was a lot of fun and very nostalgia-inducing. Finally getting to see the Maestro's symphony performed brought a smile... :)
  17. Lenowill Augur

(Replying again since I can't edit the above post anymore.)

I checked in on East Cabilis again, some hours after my previous post, and I found Vessel Drozlin up. My enchanter friend happened to be online as well and we killed him, got the rod. That part is all fine.

But the other mobs in the tunnel do indeed still seem to never be respawning, at least as well as I can tell (which to the best of my understanding means one of the Iksar shaman cudgel quests is effectively broken since the spawns needed for said quest are gone).

I'll probably look into this more later. For now I can at least say that the Drozlin part was (happily) a false alarm, but I'm still not sure about this event's possible effects on the Iksar shaman cudgel quest.

As for the cudgel part, I can't remember whether the other Iksar Outcasts in SONH can drop all three of the necessary skulls for the particular cudgel quest that I'm thinking of. If the ones in SONH can provide the drops, then I suppose the quest at least isn't crushed, but I don't remember whether that's the case (and I don't remember the info on Alla's being terribly definitive either).

As to the main topic at hand... I'm probably going to replay "An Epic Request" soon to get my other ornament set (1.5 and 2.0 this time, as I chose my Singing Short Sword for the first go around <3). I want to get a better look at one of the bards from the Baldric Slezaf event... :)
  18. roguerunner Augur

yeah, the reward window isn't as clear that 2.0 and 1.5 flag are connected
    thankfully, the achievement does says so
  19. Goewyn New Member

I really would like to know why the difficulty varies wildly from one class to the next. Monks have to fight a string of mobs and are ported to an island in the middle of PoS that instantly ports away any other character that tries to enter the space to assist them, Beastlords have a similar situation where anyone trying to help them is instantly ported out of the area, and SK's are ported into a completely separate zone that not even mercs can be summoned in.

Mages, on the other hand, can happily trigger the spawn, and let their friends help them kill the mob. The bard quest is similarly easy, with only one mob to kill, and it being completely killable any friend who wants to help. I realize it doesn't matter much to higher level players who can easily solo the quests, but it really isn't fun to be unable to get the reward just because your class has a harder quest.
  20. Sinestra Augur

There are no fights in the SK quest that would require help from anyone. The mobs rarely hit you and when they do they hit for almost nothing and you kill them very quickly.