Afk bots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Momo4, Apr 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

its a computer game not a car... and a player who breaks the rules in sports gets suspended or fined so your point is?
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.
  2. Geri_Petrovna Augur

In any case, this is a non issue. The rule is, you don't AFK bot. There's no need to discuss why you want to, or why you think it's OK. It simply isn't done.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Do you see the irony in taking the time to say that you don't think there needs to be anything said? Or how your premise (that there is no need to discuss) is undermined by the very existence of this 6-page thread?

I do appreciate your input, but I think your view would be more accurately stated as, "I am of the opinion that if a rule exists, it should neither be contested nor discussed."
  4. Vdidar Augur

I'm not arguing for botters here in the least bit but for the love of god I hope you don't have the same terrible ideas in real life as you do in game. You know I see your name in these forums more than anyone else and I don't post a lot but I'm really struggling to see the value you bring. I can tell you 100 percent that I have broken the rules. Letting my pet kill trivial mobs for me for slayer or for faction for something like an anguish bp happens all the time. If I get banned because the devs can't properly design content that's on them. I would walk away in a minute over stupid like that. Keep your holier than thou attitude though. It works for you.
    Reht, Vatra and Rivitt like this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't think disagreeing with with using the example of being banned from the game being the same as having your car confiscated for speeding is being holier then thou. I am sorry you are such a bitter person but there is still time for change. I have my own faults and foibles. If holier then though means I don't cheat in Everquest and believe anyone who does and gets punished just has to suck it up then I guess I am holier then you *shrugs*

Let me get this straight. Because your pet can kill mobs for you the dev's haven't designed content properly? That is a new one.

I guess as far as my posting goes as long as I see the value I will keep posting.

Personally I wouldn't bother reporting someone I saw merc afk killing but that doesn't mean if they get suspended that I am going cry out against Daybreak. Daybreak has made their rules clear follow them or not at your own risk. *shrugs* I will report every botter I see though.

Oh and yeah I do have the same ideas in real life. If you break the rules you accept the consequences. You have a different view of how it should go in real life?
    Geri_Petrovna and Kittany like this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

7. Vdidar Augur

Thanks for the laugh.
  8. Ducreux Augur

Wow this might be dumber than most of the TLP threads I participate in.
    Iila likes this.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Your post just made me sad. I sometimes just expect too much of people I guess :(
  10. Rivitt Elder

That's because he's one of a dozen people who hasn't been banned yet.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

LOTS of people have not yet been banned for any reason Rivitt.

Me for instance.
  12. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Having an opinion is not a reason to get banned. Automated play is an excellent reason to get banned, however.
  13. Venaki Elder

I find shocking how someone can defense or encourage some form of cheating or doing something illegal. Been playing since forever and never had the need to bot to earn things. Always with my own blood and sweat, I find it gratifying. I always thought the funny part of a game is playing it, not using an automatic program to play for me, and disturb other players that are already controlling their char. I reported bots in here and many other online games, and I'll keep doing it. Can't stand (in game and IRL) cheaters, they're a cancer.
  14. Hellboy007 Augur

damn those people who bought and sold the game genie for the Nintendo back in the day.. them cheaters are nothing but a cancer to society..

/sarcasm off

a game is a game, and for the most part all of them have been cheated one way or another. how many people played the banker in monopoly and slipped them self a few extra $100s? you know what im talking about.

dont want cheating? make it so you cant cheat.. many titles out there have no way of cheating. EQ could be that way if they wanted to.

[IMG]
  15. Venaki Elder

Oh, yes! Of course! If someone has found a way to take profit on something even knowing it's illegal, we have to do that! Because it's a poor design!

Oh! I'm gonna cheat my wife, because I want to ride another bicycle, and marriage has so poor design that can't impede me to cheat! I can steal a bank, too, because even law says that it's illegal and I'll be punished, there's nothing in life design, so poor design, that prevents me to do that! So, why not?

Cheat is illegal. Profit this way is illegal. You don't write the norms, at least in a house that it's not yours. Of course you can cheat and make profit of many things, but doing that shows everyone what kind of moral and ethic you have (or miss, in that case).

Is clear as water. Can I do X? Yes. It's legal? No. Should I do that? Obviously, not. I don't care if it's in a small or large scale, corruption is something that must be avoided. If not, then not complain if your partner cheats you, your friend pickpockets you, or government of your country steals public money, because that poor design of life allows it, so it must be that way. Let's everyone be awful persons, just because we can! Why do the right things if we can act the worst possible way?

Edit: Corrected some typos, english is not my language.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  16. Voxynn Elder

Your logic is not sound on any level. As long as computer programmers and hacker's play any online / video game what so ever, They will attempt to hack / change it up to favor themselves.

Thats the nature of the gaming industry, Not 1 game ever created is 100% full proof from being hacked or "using outside game" 3rd party programs.

The reason it will never happen is because its impossible.

Thats not the fault of any game designer, thats just the nature of people who view "playing" in more favorable terms for themselves to create themselves that "easy out"
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  17. Hellboy007 Augur

just know this and put it in the big picture..

we all know by now <<software that shall not be named>> is the primary cheat source for this game.

everyone should also know that DBG has an agreement with said software to not allow it to work on new TLP server. this is very public information.

everyone also should know that if DBG wanted to pull the plug on this software they very well could or at the very least ban anyone that uses it.

also know one of the major reasons why DBG will not pull the plug on this software or ban all users is because they will loose money if they do so.

so rap that up in your head with your thoughts of "Profit" DBG makes a profit allowing the use of this cheat software.. so where do they stand? They will not remove the software as it will risk thier profits..

you also use a ton of examples of breaking laws.. like robing a bank. there is no logical way to stop that from happening. in contrast DBG has the ability but not the means to stop cheating as it would shoot them in the foot doing so. A bank has the ability to stop anyone from robing a bank too.. simply dont ever open a bank but of course that would shoot them in the foot.

if you dont like cheating you are better off playing on the new TLP server. that is about as close to a none cheat server you will get. seriously go play there. all of the other servers cheat software is fair game so long as its not blatantly abused.
  18. Voxynn Elder

/mindblown.

Guess your a Dev, that works for DBG now right ?

Your sentence clearly states that. Because you clearly state cheating is ok.
  19. Hellboy007 Augur

impossible is probably correct.. however if DBG desired they could make it so its so much of a pain that the people who maintain and upkeep the software will give up.

there are not hundreds of people just knowing how the simply hack EQ and build the software to do so.

everyone does not ability to make this software from scratch. it is built by a small team of smart folks and freely distrusted to the public as open source.

cut the head off the snake the snake dies. there really isnt like some die hard hacking group that will keep fixing this software if its made difficult to do so. nor would anyone want to use it if there are actual repercussions of simply running it with EQ.
  20. Voxynn Elder

Your logic is again flawed.

I cite, the history of the game itself. Every time a new expansion came out literally a week or two later, some one on some server, was already hacking it .

The history of the game show's that and bere's witness to that as a very fact, that you can not debate against.

I (personal opinion) would rather DBG concentrate more on new content for us to play, and people uphold their own "Integrity" by following the rules, rather then take time an resources away from designing a GREAT new expansion.

To set up rules and then to "want" the people you design content for, to follow your rules is how it should be. You the customer do not / should not dictate what "rules should be followed" an what rules are "Void" or in your very own words " all of the other servers cheat software is fair game "
  21. Hellboy007 Augur

if i could find the rules again i would show you that it does not say cheating is ok.. but the only place it is clearly stated that you can not use cheat software is on the new TLP..

the rules for other servers is simply that you can not use software for unattended play.

new TLP server is the only (as far as i know) that is both enforced by DBG and strictly prohibited to distribute and enable cheat software on by the creators of this software.. what i mean by this is simply that the off the shelf software is disabled for the new TLP and if someone tries to bypass this they will more than likely be auto banned (note i think they skip the suspension) because DBG can and always has been able to detect the use of this software.

if anyone wants to play on a legit no hack software there is only one place to do so. at least that is firm from both DBG and Hack software providers. so if you are very anti cheat you should go there. other than that dont play on a normal server with your bible in hand calling folks horrible humans for cheating.

DBG are not innocent when it comes to this as they enable it to make money..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.