Afk bots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Momo4, Apr 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yimin Augur

The prison server is still a great idea , send all the cheats there ...They still pay and I can play on a server with out them ....

Yi Min
  2. Hellboy007 Augur

go play on that new progression server if you dont want bots..
  3. Yimin Augur

No this simply wont do , cheaters can go to prison server, and I will remain where I am ...

Yi Min
  4. Thraine Augur

who really gives a flying $h!t about some idiot farming plat with a 3rd part software? i mean does it really keep you guys up at night? lol

you cant farm raid gear, you cant farm anything thats really worth much and you cant farm progression. trust me no one is ever going to group with that person anyway, word will spread pretty fast that hes hackin and thats only hurting himself.

Those TBM hero tasks that take real groups to do .. our hacker buddy here is up $h!t creek without a paddle when it comes to current tasks and progression, cause that 3rd party software i doubt simulates playing skill.

My advice is have a coke and a smile and let this dude shoot himself in the foot.
  5. Hellboy007 Augur

well there is that little thing called name changing. i believe thats what bots do to sell clean chars.

also them real group task could be programmed to do the same with a smart programmer.
  6. Intenso Augur

pretty sure you can use third party software with alot of bots to take down raids seen as people selling raid drops on playerauctions
  7. Thraine Augur

well guys like this aren't taking anything away from me or my guildies. normally cheaters will cheat to win ... these guys are cheating to just make some plat and sell toons i guess? big deal, they are only screwing over DBG, i dont have much simpathy for DB these days since they dont care about us.

you guys seem to want a magical world where no one cheats .. there is no such thing. spend more time grinding and less time being a snitch and you'll come out ahead in the end
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  8. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Just want to try again to get some of you to consider the nature of "cheating" as it applies to eq. Cheating, by definition, requires a competition. In EQ, there is no official competition (except on the upcoming true-box server). There is no way to even see anybody else's stats. So let's say it again:

There can be no cheating in EQ because there is no competition.

Some players make up their own competitions like tracking guild progression using third-party websites and tracking their gear using third-party software. But a lot of players don't care about those player-made competitions and are under no obligation to participate.

Anti-boxing and anti-afk rules are, indeed, rules. But breaking a rule does not equate to cheating (again, no competition, no cheating). No advantage given by breaking the rule, no cheating happened.
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

A lot of people responding in this thread seem to be obedient people who obey rules. That is an admirable trait for anybody. But the unwillingness to discuss the rules and to consider whether the existing rules are still worth keeping is scary and should only be encouraged in soldiers and puppies. Let's consider sports that have had rules changed over time, for various reasons. This site has a really interesting list of rule changes over the history of NCAA Basketball:

NCAA Basketball Rule Changes

What I think is so interesting, is how all of the rules were introduced to stimulate the overall appeal of the game. Some of the rules were clearly changed specifically with the spectators in mind. Some were changed with the players in mind. And one, the Slam Dunk, was initially made illegal because they thought it was unfair. And then they reversed the rule, because we all know that the Slam Dunk is the most exciting part of the game.

Boxing (and even botting) simply test and push the limits of EQ and its players. You shouldn't be afraid of them unless you have actually been hurt by them. But, the anti-afk rule (which is different) is extra detrimental to the game, as it creates a new fear among regular players and also reinforces EQ's anti-progress, anti-ingenuity, anti-creativity policies.
  10. Kaliko Augur

Lately i've seen alot of pretty advanced afk botters in Katta Castrum, Tempest Temple and other TBM Zones, they are afk killing right in named spawn spots it seems for money making purposes or xp.
  11. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Awesome! We should have more posts like this one, praising good programming skills or at least being so good that their peers believe they are magic! As long as they aren't hurting anybody, I'm nothing but impressed. If they are hurting you, you should post a video of them hurting you. Or even just post a video to show off their awesome skills!
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Hurting all the people that farm items honestly and get undercut in the bazaar by botters. Now sure how you take a video of that though.
  13. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

You are only viewing that from the perspective of the farmer. For every other player on the server, it means more supply and lower costs. A win for the people!
  14. Millianna Augur

Seriously, if an item is in demand, someone has already cornered that part of the market. Bots don't help anyone, they take content away from paying customers (including resources) who are trying to follow the game designers' original intent.
  15. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

TDS content, which is where the last "sighting" was reported (you guys are starting to sound like sasquatch believers), requires the expansion. So, at the very most, these players are SHIFTING content from one group of paying customers to another group of paying customers. And EQ has always had a "no camp ownership" policy, so everybody has the same claim on any content: none.
  16. Millianna Augur

There's lots of content outside of TBM and TDS I would like to complete. I don't need a boter to destroy my play session. And your forgetting that boters consume more resources than most players do.
  17. Rhodz Augur

With no enforcement rules are just meaningless words.
    I would suggest a game name change to Anarchy Online but that one has been taken.

A little anarchy now and then, frightens all the house broke men...
    appos to Willy Wonka
  18. Ravengloome Augur

lol at all the folks who would accidentally take this on raids (i've 0%'d quite afew people over the years, sometimes it takes a couple before they notice) its glorious.
  19. Vdidar Augur

I bet statistics would show that botters create more resources too. I don't know but I have seen some comments that mad me chuckle in this thread.
  20. Millianna Augur

Honestly, you need to look no further than TLP to see the cost of bots have on this game.
    code-zero likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.