Afk bots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Momo4, Apr 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aghinem Augur

Just grab your whole guild and pile on top of him in the same zone. No need to train him, just make it impossible for him to move. Lots of growth and big ogre @sses.

PS Edit: When he moves, you all move with him.
  2. AlmarsGuides Augur

Fun thing to do to piss off botters who are in general...

Just say -> in general every so often, I would assume bots use tell windows and -> is how it reads a tell in the log file when using tell windows. Any one currently botting online and in general chat will have their audio triggers go off because it reads the log as if they're getting a tell.

For bonus points do this at like 3 - 5am when you know you'll wake them up too.
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.
  3. Gundolin Augur

In general you type '->' and most audio triggers go off warning the person they have a tell?
  4. Kiani Augur

Or you could just send them a tell.
  5. Gundolin Augur

But doing it in general has the potential of annoying so many more BoTs. :)
    Iila likes this.
  6. raggedd New Member

There are/were 3 folk on bristlebane that could use hug in the Shards arena. Been at it for a while now. All the players running back uniformly to the same spot, mechanical movements towards mobs. I dont know how to record videos or anything and I'm not much for training, I would just end up killing myself.
    Faerie likes this.
  7. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

My thoughts:

• You're still a nosey, whiny, church lady tattletale if the person wasn't doing anything to affect you directly. Just because somebody ignores you does not mean they are botting.
    • IF they are botting and IF you really can't work around them or get what you need with them there, then you are admitting that you are so bad at EQ that somebody can beat you without even playing. Guess that pretty much destroys any idea that skill is a part of your game.
    • Trying to train or kill or sap exp from somebody else shows a lot about your real life character.

But what I really think is happening is that everybody is bored to tears. This goes for why somebody might "bot" (to skip the stupid grind so they can play a different kind of character) as well as why people would go around tattling. Church ladies are most dangerous when they don't have a bakesale to attend to.
    Viper1 and Faerie like this.
  8. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Shard's arena is a perfect example of where botting should be encouraged. And instead of tattling on them, you should ask to join their group. Evolving the Tear is a ridiculous grind that, frankly, I can't believe anybody would bother with. Tasks like this in the game not only encourage "botting", they virtually require it for anybody who isn't already batshit crazy.
    Faerie likes this.
  9. raggedd New Member

That's all well and good, but unabashedly afk botting in an open world zone, and monopolizing a super popular camp is pretty . Not wanting to train a person or fight them for pulls when they are all current raid geared and i'm lower lvled and group geared, does not mean i'm bad at eq or that i'm a mincing church lady. It's just a thing for them to do okay. Are you that RA mage that was at this camp is that why you are salty?
    Lily and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  10. Agrippa Augur

When they introduced instancing, they should have made it available upon request, but made /pick have a longer refresh to avoid abusing it. Contested content in non pvp environments is just poor game design.
  11. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

What makes me salty is people who whine and tattletale and take pleasure in messing with other people who are also just playing the game, albeit differently from how YOU play. Everybody vilified marijuana too, and look how many church ladies jumped on that bandwagon. But now that people have tried it, they see how great it can be and how it doesn't really affect anybody else, and it is being made legal.

I was pretty clear about the stipulation of "if the person wasn't doing anything to affect you directly". I would love to see a video of your alleged AFK botter "monopolizing a super popular camp". Other than the TBM Shield of Dreams' moment of glory, I can't even think of a popular camp in EQ. There's more than enough to go around, and it seems to me that most of the bot-haters are just itching/looking for a fight wherever they can find it.
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

/agree 100%
  13. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

If I go afk on brother island and a mob spawns where I went afk and my mercs kill it, did I just "afk bot"?

Is Auto-combine (for tradeskills) a built-in form of botting?
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That's the wrong metric. The purpose of EQ is to have fun. If had the chance to de-level them like this, it would be a blast!
    Iila likes this.
  15. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

And yet, you'd never get that chance if you stand up against botting. Be sure you encourage the outcome you desire!
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Do you bot your whine rants? Or are we talking to a real whiner?
    Elricvonclief and Lily like this.
  17. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

You, Corwyhn, don't seem to be talking to anybody. You are antagonizing and calling names. But hey, if you just wanted to get the thread shut down, great job!

Edit: smiling at my own name-calling :)
    Faerie likes this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

1. HELP HOME
    2. EverQuest Help Home
    3. In-Game Questions
    4. EverQuest
    [EverQuest] AFK or Unattended Gameplay

March 17, 2016 17:49

It is not ok for an account to be played unattended or AFK.
    If you need to go away for longer than a few seconds please move your character to an empty part of the zone or log out completely.
    If a character, including any pets or mercs, is found performing actions while the user is away disciplinary action will be taken against the account.
    Disciplinary action for unattended or AFK gameplay can include, but is not limited to; account warning, account suspension, and account termination (ban).

https://help.everquest.com/hc/en-us/articles/217562358--EverQuest-AFK-or-Unattended-Gameplay

Yep you are afk killing based on Daybreak's interpretation.
  19. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I appreciate that you included the date of that help article. I didn't see the announcement that they had added that article (less than one month ago).

But it is really good to know that nobody can ever accidentally go afk for more than a few seconds where a mob might spawn or they may be banned. I think that information should be publicized more widely - like in the Message of the Day.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Oh that month ago was just the last revision the rule has been in effect for several months. And I am willing to bet they don't just randomly ban anyone afk. But it does make it a heck of a lot easier with minimum burden of proof they now require to ban real botters. Not sure they are running around looking for anyone with the limited CS staff but maybe one day.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.