Afk bots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Momo4, Apr 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Momo4 New Member

Brother Island on vox, afk bot crews all over the place. Can EQ look at this please? A bit out of control atm, same toons standing in same exact spots for days on end.
  2. Ribeye Journeyman

Whatever you do, don't run past them with a team of sirens.
    Aghinem, Yimin, Nniki and 14 others like this.
  3. Kollin Journeyman

Don't forget if you accidentally do this please be sure to help them with a rez. I particularly like to cast Reanimation. Be sure to keep casting it in-case they die after getting the first resurrection.
    Nniki, Hiladdar, Axxius and 6 others like this.
  4. Geri_Petrovna Augur

do bots accept rezzes? hrmm...
  5. Kollin Journeyman

They do! I helped power level one group from level 105 to level 91. They were very pleased when they came back to see the insane power leveling I did for them!
  6. Iila Augur

More classes should get 0% reses. They're so useful!
  7. Onemule New Member

I SO hope the person botting figures out you are the one who did that to him/her.

You just may want a server transfer soon enough. A lot of botters have disposable accounts they don't care about getting banned just to make you pay.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Someone sounds like a botter :)
  9. Onemule New Member

So what if I was?
    Just offering a fair warning. I have seen people pay for such things. Don't mess with someone who is in no way effecting your game play. Stop the jealousy, join them, you cannot beat them.
    Faerie likes this.
  10. Repthor Augur

i think id just enjoy the chance to powerlvl yet another one of their toons
    Uuvin and Iila like this.
  11. Onemule New Member

I must be missing some context here...
  12. Uuvin Augur

I'm with Kollin and Repthor on this one.
  13. Onemule New Member

Well, as with anything in life you will have people arguing both sides.
    I just personally feel the AFK botter to have a far higher ground to stand on for the battle and was simply trying to warn people the trouble they may be bringing upon themselves.
  14. Lily Augur

So there are people who are cheating by using a program forbidden by DGB, which is sufficient cause to ban an account. Someone playing by the rules sees and reacts to this violation, but it's the cheaters who are taking the higher ground?
    Hiladdar likes this.
  15. code-zero Augur

There's probably a point to be made. If you see /afk botting then just use the normal /petition system and go your way. It doesn't sound much like a good plan to attempt to grief a player who can conceivably create any number of throwaway f2p characters to return the favor
    Vrinda and Quatr like this.
  16. Klak Augur

And your side is dumb. AFK botters should be banned. Your idle threats are hilarious. Obv the botter who got trained. Get rekt kid.
  17. Onemule New Member

18. Onemule New Member

THIS is a wise person.
  19. Onemule New Member

20. Onemule New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.