A Formal Dinner Party is broken

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Funkymusik, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Saelemdar Journeyman

Well I think I set a record. Cleared the entire instance. Nothing left alive but the dinner guests and undead musicians. Cleared every rack. Not ONE clue dropped. Wasted 4 hours of my time last night.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am impressed. Moloing that must take a lot of patience.
  3. Saelemdar Journeyman

I am beyond POed right now.

Four hours clearing, i found all 4 pieces. hand em in, say which zone and which class. Tank got jumped by the beastlord and rogue and died. Ok fine, rez, buff, this time I'm ready. So I kill the beast and then the rogue. Hail Melion, get the massive XP reward, click Thank You, and... nothing.

No chest on the table, no cursor reward. Nothing. Tried over and over. Nothing. No reward. Four hours with nothing to show for it.

Thanks for this broke POS quest Daybroke. Is this what I pay you $75 a month for?
  4. Koryu Professional Roadkill

If you got attacked by two classes, then you accused the wrong person. Try again.
    Zhaunil_AB and Bigstomp like this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Did you have your loot settings wrong? That sounds like you were expecting advloot to point it out to you but had it turned off.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

As Toryu pointed out you accused the wrong person. If you get the right person only they will attack you. My first attempt I failed and got 3 of them so I get your frustration. I have seen many people give advice so maybe you missed something. Here is what I do minus all the hails and what not.

Collect the four items. You will know who the murderer is based on these items. Only one class will be listed on all four items. So if say rogue is listed on all of them then the rogue is the murderer. Next inspect which food item is in front of the rogue. That item will tell you the room based on what room that item was picked up in. Make sure you know what each room actually is and keep track of the food items and the room they came from along the way. I have only ran this mission 3 times now. My first attempt was the above fail and my last two worked fine doing it this way. Also note you can only turn in one correct food item otherwise you will not get the bonus if I am reading the patch notes correctly. So it is important to double check everything a couple of times and make sure that first you have the correct murderer and second you turn in the correct piece of food and third you actually know what room that piece of food came from. If you do this you will get the chest and paste to turn in for the aug.
  7. Saelemdar Journeyman

I don't see how it was the wrong person. I took the food from in front of the BST and got an update. It had to be him.

Are you saying there is no reward for accusing the wrong person? Even if you later get the right one?
  8. Koryu Professional Roadkill

This is the old and wrong way to determine the murderer. The mission has been updated so that handing in any food item, right or wrong, will update the task. If you hand in the wrong food, the mission will not reward you with the Red Berry Paste at the end. This is punishment for guessing instead of figuring out the perpetrator with evidence.

You must collect the 4 dropped items and determine who is the murderer from the one class that is common to all 4 items. Check the food in front of the murderer, find the room with that food in it. Hand in the 4 items, hand in the food (from the room or in front of the murderer), name the correct room where the murder took place, and name the correct murderous class. That is 100% completion. Anything less is guessing and you won't get the bonus.

You can't even make an accusation of the room or class until you've got the 4 items turned in anyway, so you'll have most of the work done already. May as well do it right.
    svann and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  9. Zhaunil_AB Augur

This.

After having several people stress it, i really have to question Saelemdar's attention span...
    I also can not quite believe the "no drop at all" claim - as was said above, most likely that was due to advloot turned off and corpses not looted or something.
    The order is really simple:
    *kill, collect drops
    *identify the only class that is on all 4pieces
    *check on the table which food that class has in front of him
    *crosscheck with any ground spawns in the rooms to find the identical food-item, note the room.
    *return to NPC and hand in the 4items plus the correct(!) food
    *kill one dinner guest
    *open chest on table, loot berry paste.

If you get any deviation from that, you messed up at some step.
    2attacking? you accused the wrong class.
    Only one attacker but no chest on table? you turned in the wrong food or named the wrong room.

Ok, if anyone finds just 3clues still (not me in the few runs i've made since patch), bugreport it.
  10. Moege Augur

Oh I know how this happens, 3rd party sites has comments on how it used to work and those writeups is never wrong..
  11. feeltheburn Augur

if you get it wrong no reward complete the task yea but no reward. as stated, ONLY the murderer's class will be listed on all 4 items, and the food that is in front of them that is ALSO in one of the rooms will be the correct room. Ran it since patch 3 times and didnt have an issue.
  12. Aurastrider Augur

As stated it sounds like you tried to identify the murderer before you actually got all your clues? Did you turn in more than one food item? If so that is your issue. You can ONLY turn in ONE food item. You can only accuse ONE murderer and you can only guess ONE room. If you turn in more than one food item, accuse the wrong murderer, guess the wrong room or any combination of the above you will not be rewarded. Think of it like the actual game clue assuming you have ever played that board game. If you decide you want to make an accusation to win the game and you are wrong you don't get rewarded by winning the game but rather you get to sit out and watch your friends finish it.

Again get all four items that list the classes on them. Only one class will be listed on all four items which will indicate your murderer. What ever food is in front of that class is your food. Look at your notes to determine what room you picked this item up in and that will determine your room. Turn in that food item plus the four items only after you have double and triple checked your notes to confirm for accuracy. Guess your room and then your murderer and you will get the paste after you kill the murderer. If you fail to follow these instructions you are going to continue to be frustrated and blame the devs for a "broken" quest when in reality it is working as intended unless there are others who can confirm that something is actually broken and you are doing it correctly.
  13. Sissruukk Rogue One

Ran this last night with a bard. The bard would go in and aggro the library and pull it out to the ballroom. I would be waiting, and when Bard faded, I'd smokebomb the crowd and single pull out of it. Did the same with the lab and the back ritualist area. This would work as well with a FD puller.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  14. Koryu Professional Roadkill

The library is ugly without a puller/CC, tagging a mob at the doorway results in a full XTW.
  15. Zhaunil_AB Augur

see my post above...
  16. feeltheburn Augur

17. Belexes ForumQuester

Did it with my Rogue and SK. Got my 4 clues, figured out who the murderer was and noted what food was in front of murderer. Then went through the now empty rooms to see where food item that was in front of murderer was. Made my accusations, killed the murderer and then buried poor Mr. Smotts.

If you have a good pulling class that can split pull, then it will be easier. My SK split pulled. Didn't need rogue's help at all. Cleaned out all the rooms where clues dropped. Takes longer to split pull, but safer. Got aug for SK. Rogue got his the pre-nerf way and it was much harder then.

Clear out that ballroom full of roamers first, then you have room to pull the library. Once library is done, pull the secret room that is part of the library. The main part is now clear, so you have room to split pull the secret room.

All the other rooms were not hard to pull as you have some room to work with. Clear mobs from areas in hallways etc., so that you have room to manage your pulls.
  18. Lianeb Augur

For pulling the library just inch up to the door not close enough to click it and the mobs near the entrance will proximity agro you immediately move backwards. Usually only pulls 2 - 4 mobs and they can be dealt with pretty easy. Once those are gone the rest of the library has less assist agro and can be pulled in 2-4 mob sets.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Guess where these food items (except the pie) came from :)

And yes. If you are attacked by more than one NPC you did soemthing wrong.
    If you give the wrong food... you will have attempted to "Frame" someone, and thery will attack you as well as the real murderer (So the poster that got attacked by Berserker and Rogue fo handing the food in front of the Berserker tried to Frame the Berserker when the rogue was the murderer)
    If you accuse the wrong NPC, well they are also mad for being accused and attack along with the murderer (and if you tried to frame someone... the NPC too!

You, as the player, don't get to choose who the murderer is by handing random food to M.
    Aurastrider and Zaggan like this.
  20. Rickate Augur

3 out of 7 times there is no clue in the Library so roughly 40% of the time if you do Library as the 2nd room it will take about 1/3 of the amount of time it would take you to clear the mission to kill those Library mobs for no reason at all.

If you have a high end group and you clear the area in 10-15 minutes (~30sec per mob) it doesn't matter much, if you're taking a minute to split and kill a mob that's about a half hour and some groups would take an hour or longer to kill those mobs with a 40% chance of it being for no reason at all.

Clearing Library before you know it must have a clue is a terrible idea unless you can crush the mission and if you can crush the mission and blitz through the Library in 3 pulls with little risk of death don't at all worry about checking the internet for advice, just clear the zone for the XP and aug.