A Formal Dinner Party is broken

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Funkymusik, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Funkymusik New Member

Has anyone other than myself had issues when doing A Formal Dinner Party, getting screwed over by not receiving all 4 clues?? ive just spent the past 4.5 -5 hours boxing this mission 2 times in a row... both times (after killing every killable mob, and weapon racks...nothing on track at this point anywhere) and only getting 3 clues....
    Carden likes this.
  2. Gnomeland Augur

3. mmats Augur

Done it about 5 times since patch and never had a problem getting all 4 clues. Sounds like youre missing an area...

Laboratory
    Ballroom
    Library
    Bedroom
    Crypt
    Study
    Ritual Area
  4. Funkymusik New Member

I did it this morning and got the aug for my main no problem.. waited out the lockout.. and the past 2 times I have only gotten 3 clues.... done it the exact same way.. every room.. so, no... I'm not doing anything wrong.... ive ran around and searched this place up and down... nothing on track.. no more weapon racks... only things up are the musicians, the quest guys at entrance, and some lifeless corpses that are non targetable.....
  5. Nightops Augur

Yes, this task is broken. Several people have posted, in previous threads, they too have ran the mission and received only 3 of the 4 clues.

Whatever issue is causing the bug does not happen every time and is -not- a result of 'missing the weapon racks or using the book to open the false wall in the library.

The Devs state the issue is not repeatable so they can not fix the problem.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  6. Ruinedmyownlands Elder

The 1 aug per mission rule is not fair. You guys really need to change that. Its still not an easy mission.

So everyone who got an aug before today gets a nice bonus and the rest of us get screwed. SO EQ.

This has nothing to do with the "exploit". its just mean and unfair.
  7. Funkymusik New Member

the 1 aug per mission isn't bothering me..... but the fact that I can't complete it because all the clues haven't dropped is really ticking me off
    Andarriel and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  8. Funkymusik New Member

they just need to make it where as long as you figure out who the person was, and in what room it was on the first try.. you still get the completion... not get stuck behind having to have a certain amount of clues.... the mission I'm currently sitting in hoping a GM views this and/or my petition can just come join me and see that it's broken... than can look at my log and see I didn't get 4 clues..... heck, 1 of the items was zerker only... makes it kinda hard to get the killer wrong
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Hickers Elder

Only done this once so far after the patch, and completed it fine, so can't really comment on the 3/4 issue. However, for those dreading running it again, I can confirm its so much easier/quicker.

Molo'd as a 110 monk, took me about 1 hour 30 mins. Only had to kill about 5 or 6 trash between the 'proof' rooms, and could have probably avoided a few of those if I'd been rushing. All mobs had about 6mill to 8.5 mill hp, max hit 26k, felt like somewhere between EOK and ROS. Killed 72 mobs in total. Cleared everywhere except ritual area.

With the mobs being easier, a puller/splitter isn't as necessary, but certainly handy. With a bit of space I was able to single pull Ballroom and Library (even the dancing 'partners' can be split if you put enough distance between them). Proofs dropped in Ballroom, Library, Bedroom and Study (weapon rack).

Good luck.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  10. Pani Augur

They took away the augs for people who got it before the patch if they got it without completing the mission.
  11. Ruinedmyownlands Elder

Yeah but before it was 6 augs per mission, now 1. That had nothing to do with the "exploit" and was added in just to be mean.
    Funkymusik likes this.
  12. Lianeb Augur

Or they dumbed down the mission so much so that risk verse reward was out of wack rewarding 6
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  13. Ruinedmyownlands Elder

Ok how about 2-3 per mission? 1 is still lame. I doubt the mission is 6x easier than it was before.
  14. Stephen51 Augur

Can you confirm where the areas are please?

Laboratory - West of ballroom?
    Ballroom - South of zone in area
    Library - East of the ballroom
    Bedroom - There are several bedrooms, south of Ballroom, and up on the 2nd level
    Crypt - West/below the Bedrooms - there are north and south crypts?
    Study?
    Ritual Area?
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Laboratory - West of ballroom? - Yes
    Ballroom - South of zone in area - Yes (Zone in is the dining room :) )
    Library - East of the ballroom - Yes (Don't forget the secret area)
    Bedroom - There are several bedrooms, south of Ballroom, and up on the 2nd level - Yes, and only the ones on the east side.
    Crypt - West/below the Bedrooms - there are north and south crypts. Yes. It could be on either side. Don't forget to look in the coffins.
    Study? - So, at the bedrooms on the east side, there is a door. Click on that door and it takes you to spiral ramp, take it down to a door, click on it to the Study
    Ritual Area? - In the study, there is a door, click it to go to the ritual area. This includes the round room and the room with lab-like equipment.

The study and Ritual area are out of track range from the main area.
    Axxius, Tarvas, Zhaunil_AB and 2 others like this.
  16. Jalelorf Augur

There is a section on the map if you scroll way way out you will see it. I think its way down south. If you click on a door you are ported to that section. I think you have to go down a large spiral staircase.
  17. Cicelee Augur

Did it this morning. Got all four clues and the food item. No issues except for one pull where I had 13 mobs come at me.

I do wish that once you know who the murderer is and what room it happened, you should be able to get the paste. I had to kill another hour worth of mobs just to get that fourth clue. But I digress, it is a minor complaint.
  18. svann Augur

Im not saying that this mission is bugged, but I remember a mission last year where people complained about missing npcs and devs insisted they were all there but that "some of them are good at hiding". It turned out they were despawning at a certain time. Its always possible to miss something.
  19. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Yeaterday before servergate2018 I ran this, killed every in all room except the ritual area (down the spirial) i was medding/grabbin a snack before i clicked in. That is when servers dumped. Had already cleared ballroom, library, lab, crypt, bedroom, study. So that was all room except the one I was about to go into. I was at 2/4 proofs/clues.

Mission itself is easier, its now a more a time sink. I did it today, took me 47 mins start to end, no issues getting all 4 proofs. But I had the killer and room known at the 20 min mark.

Make the task completable with atleast 1 proof and correct room/killer.
  20. Natal Augur

When I ran this last night, the clues did not match the killer or the room that the NPC apparently wanted. The tags on the clues were only consistent with the berserker, the killer was the necro. The update groundspawn was in the ballroom, but the NPC seemed to think it was the library, even though no groundspawn was there. I did hand in the food items from the table before all of this as well to confirm, and the NPC gave no response to the item in front of the Berserker, seemly confirming that the killer was him (it was not, as mentioned before), while that particular food item was found in the lab, not the library. And it wasn't the food item that actually updated the task either. That particular piece was in front of the magician. Again, the clues don't match up.

Based on the clues looted that updated the task, the killer should have been the berserker and the murder should have happened in the ballroom. Neither was true.

So, at least for me, the mission seemed bugged, or at least poorly written in that the clues in the actual mission do not match what the NPC is expecting.

Spent a few hours on this. Seriously pissed off after all that time, completing the mission outside of the bugs, and getting nothing.