A Formal Dinner Party is broken

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Funkymusik, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Erm...
    Isn't the stupidity rather to not have your food in the top two inventory slots instead?
    The "eat stuff you need" issue is well known and not specific to this task; the workaround to prevent that is some order in the bags and easy to do and well-known. If it isn't standard practise with you, then i would not DARE to open my mouth in complaint but instead learn from it and do the long-overdue adjustment!

And no your point wasn't missed, it was merely... pointing away from the real issue.
    Consumables as part of a quest do make sense occasionally.
    I do not think it's too far-fetched to look at an item, note that it's a mushroom, bread, cake, turkey leg, chicken fish or something else to eat and tell oneself "oh, something to eat that i should bring a NPC - i better stow it away real good so i do not accidentally eat it".
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Actually, dancers were always agro-linked.
    In case you did not notice: it happens that one half of a pair (male usually) paths across the room while the other remains behind. Agro that single one close to you and note how those near the partner (e.g. on the other side of the room) agro too. You can easily test+verify that when there's only two pairs left, for example then the chances are higher that you SHOULD get the one half of a pair single - but you will always get two (the "normal" way).
    svann likes this.
  3. Bigga Baddeboom Apprentice

Food/Drink is not a necessary part of the game. There is no effect for having no food on your character - there hasn't been an effect for many years.

If food is part of a major quest and there is only a one or a few items in that quest - then it shouldn't be consumable! Please tell me where there is another instance in EQ history, where consumable food is part of the quest line and there is only or few of those items in that instance?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Orbital101 Augur

There should be no reason to eat that food what so ever through out the whole mission starving or not...

Pick that food at end when ready to turn in and keep it on cursor... Whats the problem?
    Thunderkiks and Sokki like this.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Been years since I was out of food, but I was thinking that if the hungry check goes off even if the item is on your cursor it will consume it.
  6. Qbert Gallifreyan

It sure would be nice if the "a weapon rack" had a reasonable amount of hit points in lower level versions of the instance.

I triggered this with three level 70 characters (and mercenaries). Everything went smooth, until I had to attempt to kill the weapon racks (since they can't be opened or picked) . . . they are super resistant, pets/mercs won't attack them, and they have an insane amount of hit points. I was getting about 1% damage per minute and it caused me to just ditch the quest altogether after about 2.5 hours invested.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No to be fair if it is food it should be marked as food. I don't think it is unreasonable to see something marked as quest but not as food and expect it won't act like food. While many of us keep food near the top I don't think anyone is being stupid because they don't.
  8. Zhaunil_AB Augur

It is marked as "this is a snack". at least it was when i checked it once.
    And *i* think that those who don't keep their food in the 1st and 2nd slot of the 1st bag ARE stupid.
    No real way to talk that down.
  9. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

degmar progression. although I suppose those food items do respawn and there are a lot of them
  10. Nniki Augur

I just keep my inventory full at all times so that I can't accidentally loot food and eat it. #nextlevelstrats
  11. Zhaunil_AB Augur

LOL... how stupid is THAT for a reply now? doesn't even quality for an ill-fated attempt at sarcasm.
  12. Raccoo Augur

1k fresh fish and 1k water flask in first slots of first bag, to keep from eating important stuff like Fresh Meat or the new ROS TS stuff.
  13. Dreadmore Augur

You guys sure do make a big deal over some bat poop
  14. Rickate Augur

As long as you don't hail the NPCs it's trivial to get another of the food item.
  15. Thunderkiks Augur

Monks can also single pull the dancers with the mez then grab one trick. The best chance of single pulling them with this is to pull them far enough apart so the other one, when it comes unmezzed, didn't notice its partner is missing. I also have played around a bit with this and seams when I mez the pair, if I then pull the female it works fine. When I have done the same method and pulled the male the female would always find her way too me after mez wore off. Sometimes this was bad as she ran past more dancers that made their way across the ballroom floor while she was mezzed. Then it was burn time hehe
  16. eqgamer Augur

thunder...thunder.....thunderkiks......h'oh!
  17. Stephen51 Augur

Ok I had a crack at this post patch, post hotfix this morning.

Moloable? I guess it's going to depend on class and gear (group/raid).

For my Paladin main it was not moloable.

The mobs are certainly easier post patch, but are tougher than the tent task in the LODN mission in that mobs in the LDON were white/dark blue, where as mobs here were yellow/white, so Pally fade failed more often (I got 8 dancers, who cast a stun, and that was that).

I tried again with my Mage - Shammy box. Pulling with Shammy was better with fade being a lot more reliable. I still died a few times, but made better progress.

Sadly I ran out of time (real life, was 5 hours in) with only 3 of 4 clues, with what I thought was all areas cleared.

So a couple of questions.

I thought I'd cleared all the rooms, but I only had 3 of the 4 clues. I missed the area underneath the room I thought was the lab, do these mobs drop clues?

The hidden area in the library, how do you get out?
  18. Ghazghul Journeyman

Molo'd it several times with a group geared toon and healer merc. Takes a long while and some splits are difficult with snare/fd but taking your time, totally doable.
    Ballroom (1 room)
    Library (2 rooms)
    Labratory (1 room and tunnel)
    Bedrooms (3 rooms (maybe just 2))
    Crypt (2 rooms (1 N and 1 S))
    Study (1 Room)
    Ritualist (2 rooms)

There is no need to keep killing if you have the 4 dropped clues (which tells you who) BUT you will need to find the food item in the areas you don't kill in just in case. Eyeball still works well for this, not sure if rogue SoS will work or not.

Go back to Mellion and hand in the 4 dropped clues then the food item (thats on the table in front of the NPC you deduced is murderer)
    He will ask you what room, answer correctly base on the food item from the table and what room you found it in
    He asks you who the murderer is, answer correctly.
    Kill said Murderer
    Hail Mellion
    Open Chest and collect Berry Paste
    Zaggan likes this.
  19. Raccoo Augur

Drachnids see SoS, not sure if anything else does.
  20. Aurastrider Augur

Same wall you entered the hidden room. Same kind of book sticking out in the same location just on the other side. So once you enter and if you turn around and face the wall you just came through move all the way down the wall to the right and that's your exit point if that makes sense.