A Formal Dinner Party is broken

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Funkymusik, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Ryak Augur

*gasp*. Mr Smotts is the victim? I was always partial to him because i found his name amusing.

Now, I can't wait for this to become in-era in Phinigel so i can avenge him. Nice work making a mission with interesting lore behind it, despite it seemingly turning into a rabbit-hole for your time.
  2. Belexes ForumQuester

I was doing 2 at a time and 4 at a time. No way was I gonna single pull every mob. If a single came, that was fine. I was handling 4 pretty easy.

Yes, you can cherry pick the easier rooms and hope you get all 4 clues before you have to do library. I was just stating how I did the library and ballroom in case you have to go in there to get clues.

I didn't mind doing the ballroom and library first. Good practice pulling and learning the rooms in case I have to do it to help someone else out or get one for my alt. I like to learn the whole zone. I was nowhere near being out of time. It was good practice tanking too.

The next time I do the task and have to get a clue from library or ballroom, I will have it all sorted to do it even quicker.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  3. Ecidew Journeyman

Ah .. Found a new and novel way to break it .. During a lull in the fight was tinkering with a "Strange Dreadspire Tome" .. I equipped it .. Later the turn in guy would not take it ..

Hmm .. Almost as silly as eating the food ..
  4. Dreadmore Augur

He never took it in the first place.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yeah. The "Strange Dreadspire Tome" is an incidental fluff item to give those NPC's looks. It has nothing to do with the task. (I didn't spend any effort... the tome came with the NPC's I copied) It also makes the invisible men more visible.
  6. Imak Augur

Have done the mission 4x since the hotfix. All four times killed maybe half the mobs on track to get four clues. Seldom fully cleared a room to get a clue drop, and never yet have had to kill in all seven rooms to find four drops. Seems working fine to me.
  7. EnchFWO Augur

Can say the same. It's never taken me more than 45(?) min now boxing it. Granted, I have CC so pulls are trivial but even without I could see a remotely intelligent group doing it np. The only area that is "somewhat" difficult is the library if you can't flat out handle the pulls. On top of that the lockout isn't even 6 hours so anyone scrambling to get all their augs before it ends shouldn't have any issue.

I'd say the mission is finally tuned appropriately. And for anyone that doesn't remember past anniversary content "issues"... it's impressive it was even fixed in time before it ended.
  8. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

FYI there are two major typos in the various hail texts inside the mission.
    A "Their" in place of a "There" and a "You're" used as the possessive "Your".

As someone who barely paid attention in school this was incredibly distressing and triggering. Sort of a "Really? These guys work for the game and I just play it? Job, please"- type moment.

I mean, come. on.
  9. Aurastrider Augur

They have been having trouble keeping the servers up and you are worried about grammar? Necro's want them to do something with their dots, AB wants to be able to have a normal conversation with other players and well the list goes on and on yet you are worried about this? Maybe these npc's are not as educated as yourself and actually speak like this? In the land of Norrath I am certain not everyone has top notched education. A typo here and there just reflects this from time to time imo and should remain how it is.
  10. Aurastrider Augur

Some people get all the luck. Have run this mission 3 times since the patch and all 3 times I got my last drop on room 7. One of those times it came from the second to the last mob and the other time I had four mobs left. Honestly though for the reward its still worth it to me. I have spent significantly more time camping an aug upgrade only to have it never drop. At least with this I know I will get it every time assuming I am not sloppy with my clues.
  11. Evurkvest Augur

You dont really need a puller or CC for library if you have a tank. A RoS grp geared tank with a good amount of AAs will handle 6 mobs np with crappy mercs healing.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

You pull anything from 1-14 though. I'm decently geared and I've both had a super easy time on the mission, and gotten smoked (library).
  13. Rickate Augur

And when the tank gets mezzed what happens?
  14. Evurkvest Augur

Never got mezed afaik but there is some spell stun?. Didnt last very long and if you have solid aggro it wasnt a problem.

And yes ive had some bad pulls but its an easy mission to recover in. Just takes more time.
  15. Dewey Augur

This happened the first time we did the enchanter. We quickly wiped, it was funny.

After that we rezzed up and pulled with the druid. The druid got mezzed, we killed the mob. It wasn't like the druid does any dps now anyways.
  16. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Yeah, come on!
    I'm a grammar myself often enough, but i've got to say i have been far more concerned about the mission itself. It's not perfect perhaps, like so many things. But the mistakes you describe at least do not interrupt gameplay. It's ok to note it, but nothing to bang on about or even just take it too seriously.
    svann likes this.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

Are you sure it's a mez and not a stun? I've been stunned but not mezzed in the mission. If I already had aggro locked I was fine and when it happened on incoming thankfully touch of the divine fired.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

arg. I'm usually good at not making those mistakes... especially with those two! It's what I get for being rushed :/

I fixed the one from the paladin (internally... not going to hotfix for grammar errors...)

I can't find the "A 'Their' in place of a 'There'"

I found the incorrectly used you're and corrected them (internally)

I found a missing question mark as well when the necromancer asks a question.
  19. Kreeve New Member

It's actually "Their" instead of "They're":

A peaceful paladin says, 'Are you that daft? Their all undead. Go bother someone else.'
  20. Aurastrider Augur

Thank you for this mission and I mean that seriously. The first time I ran it I did not have much fun but I chalk that up to just trying to learn things and messing up the final part. Its nice to have missions that are not so linear where we just go from point A to point B and then hail something and we are done. Every time I run this mission I find it more fun which to me is a sign of good design. For me at least I would rather see this type of interesting game play vs things that just hit like a freight train and consider that to be a challenge. Obviously once a person has figured out the design of the mission it become less challenging from that standpoint but its still fun. Its like playing the EQ version of clue with a nice reward.
    Sissruukk likes this.