24 Hours down

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nennius, Feb 3, 2020.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

#1 - Not a single lifetime access would see any benefit from gaining a free day. We are kinda free all the time now anyway and are no longer charged.

#2 - It would affect every single account payment date - extending it by one day. Some of us set up our accounts to charge on a certain date for our credit cards or to shuffle funds or use the krono.

#3 - Plus DBG would then have to adjust all the other ramifications that go with that payment date like monthly cash award.

#4 - this is leap year so most accounts will get that extra day anyway. Except Krono users.
    Herodotus likes this.
  2. Herf Augur

3. enclee Augur

Must suck to be at work for two straight days. I always hated those days.
    Herf and Nennius like this.
  4. Jondalar Augur

THE END TIMES ARE HERE
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Sancus and Herf like this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Peeps can still use their All Access sub on EQ2, Planetside 2, and DCUO. If all 4 games were down at the same time, I could see some stricter legal criteria to refund/reimburse the day. Planetside 2 had their 24-hour data migration last month with few complaints.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Do you all have your survival kits?

[IMG]
    Herf likes this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

And for when we return:

[IMG]
    Zaray likes this.
  8. Grampiz New Member

You forgot brown paper bags to help with the hyperventilating.
    Herf likes this.
  9. jordoin New Member

Benito: that seems like a valid point :) thank you!

Grampiz, wanting what I paid for isn't childish, nor does it lack merit.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

And that is very good news.
  11. Triconix Augur

You got what you paid for. It's just something you never accounted for. That's a you problem, not a DBG problem.
    eqgamer likes this.
  12. Solidon New Member

I've felt ancient since my 30s so idk lol
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

Almost 60 here. Does that make me dead?
  14. eqgamer Augur

Close
  15. Thunderkiks Augur

Truck drivers are at their jobs weeks and sometimes months. Other professions too. Look at the military.

Not everyone has a 9 to 5 job.

I for one am glad to be on the road this week :)
  16. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

We necros love the dead and those we make dead...and as your avatar is an angry midget you are high on the list!
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The world ends not with a Bang but with a Data Migration

or

Was the Big Bang just a hardware reboot?
  18. Kuaamil Elder

For everyone griping about losing a full day and wanting an extra day, here's this little gem -- you ARE getting what you paid for.

That aside, downtime is to be expected. They need to maintain the game, equipment, etc. I'm just glad we're still here and we're still getting continual updates. Just remember, downtime these days is nowhere near what is was in the first few years.
    code-zero, Sokki and Thunderkiks like this.
  19. Cloud the Third Augur

Greatest controller ever made.
  20. Ueauvan Journeyman

i used to worry about this when i raided. ive retired and have more time to play games, but i dont. its a day i can live with that. however in my 19+ years if everquest with multiple owners, if it comes back 24 hours later id be surprised, stuff will go pete tong