24 Hours down

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nennius, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

That's it!! I'm cancelling all 45 of my accounts, 24 hours is an outrage!!

PS, thank you for the advanced warning :)
  2. Thunderkiks Augur

All I'm wondering is if we should take any measures to manage housing inventory and low level characters if anything goes missing?
  3. Cloud the Third Augur

Make sure to log them all in before the 11th so they are flagged as being online and it should be fine.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  4. Thunderkiks Augur

Thanks!
  5. Triconix Augur

Not letting me use the link starting at the correct minute. Fast forward to 2:13 and that's what I think.

You want your 55 cents back? Go pull up some couch pillows or look under the seats of your car.
  6. Belkar_OotS Augur

Is this actually happening on the Tuesday? Most recent patches have been on Wednesday. Just want to double check the accuracy since its out of the normal for me.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If it starts on Tuesday and lasts 24 hours then its going to roll over onto Wed when the normal patch is usually. ;)
    Zaray, Nennius and dreamweaver like this.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I actually like the extended downtime.

Good luck on the data migration, Darkpaw. :)

[IMG]
  9. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

2nd generation, I've played with the kid of a couple that met in EQ.
    Winnowyl and eqgamer like this.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

Etherner west karana just isn't what it used to be.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Agree. I've done data migration before. I'd really like they take the time and get it right.
    (not keen on the downtime, but if it's gotta be done, I'd rather not have it go wrong due to short cuts)
  12. Daedly Augur

Wait wait, why would I need to do this?
  13. KC13 Augur

If the failure to return to the server select screen on logout is fixed, I will buy the pizza!!
    Goburs, Shanarias, Herf and 1 other person like this.
  14. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

- Corrected issues with logging into the server select screen after being disconnected for going idle, and leaving the character select screen.

Pineapple and Ham please
  15. Khat_Nip Meow

/reported
  16. dreamweaver Community Manager

I'm excited to get pizza, gonna be honest.
  17. Scorrpio Augur

I am.... apprehensive.
    I also play Lord of the Rings Online, developed by Standing Stone Games, but published also by Daybreak. Last year, they did a 'server move' that was supposed to take like 12 hours. Then extended by 5 more. Then 6 more. Then 12 more. Then 18 more....

After more than 72 hours downtime, servers finally reopened, and the game was slower/laggier ever since. The players were never told the reason for the move or what went wrong. Speculation is game was downgraded to a lower service tier.

I sincerely hope this procedure will not be a repeat of that fiasco.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Mokai Journeyman

Maybe they are moving the servers to Nividia Now and we can stream the game from any PC. Now that would be a cool feature to add to the game. Yesterday I tested other games on it and since EQ is in Steam im thinking maybe its coming here too.
  19. Moege Augur

banana and ham is the way to go
    Nennius likes this.
  20. Hitty Augur

If data migration means that the whole databases get a proper verification so that wrong/buggy/not properly updated Achievements get correction/updates then I LOVE to wait even double the time! I am waiting for so long to use the evolving item from TBL which does not work due to that bug.