24 Hours down

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nennius, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Where from is the question. There is a lot of meh pizza out there!
  2. Tanacious Lorekeeper

Let's see... so California, so probably Round Table, they do have decent pizza. But the best way to go is from a local mom/pop pizza joint. They usually have pizza that is so much better than anything else you can find in chain/franchise.
    There is this one place in the northern part of Cali, called the Pizza Factory, I think it was along I5 / highway 97 junction in Weed, CA.... like the best pizza I had ever had in my life, and just kind of stopped on a whim. Holy crap was my mind blown. I don't know if Pizza Factory is a chain or not, as there is one 90 miles north of me too, but it sure didn't taste like chain/franchise pizza. and neither does the one up near me.
    I know that is kinda eerie to have specific pizza knowledge about a state that is two states away from me, but my family is from California, and pizza is pretty much my favorite food group, and really hard to mess up so bad that it's inedible. LOL. Plus both my late grandfather's were HUGE pizza gourmets, and I have some fond childhood memories of getting pizzas with them when I visited.

Anyway, I digress. Yes, I think pizza on server migration day sounds like a wonderful idea, and I hope you all enjoy it to the utmost. Hell, I might even get it for lunch now that I have been talking about it.... LOL.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and svann like this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

I hear it's especially popular in the Minion colony east of San Diego. Now if those little goofs would stop coming over to borrow things only to not return them...
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Need something to do on your only day off, and EQ is down? https://pinballmap.com/

Find a place near by, and go play!
  5. svann Augur

Mod pizza is good.
  6. AppleSplatter Journeyman

If you want the 50 cents that bad, lift a couch pillow and grab it. honestly
    Scornfire and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

I enjoyed launching the preemptive strike about the 24 hr. downtime (It was a joke BTW). How many guesses as to how many really angry posts there will during the parts of two days it will be down? How many folks won't have read anything about it before it happens. How many Minions does it take to make a pizza?

These and many more questions will be answered in the future.

/Cue spooky music
  8. Derd Augur

Have had a large note on guild motd since announcement. Reminded raid last night that no raid next tuesday.... shock and dismay started. I give up lol
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Same, and it utterly amazes me just how many people do not read. It does explain why many of my former students who just refused to actually read a syllabus were constantly shocked at things that should have been obvious.
  10. Kontra Augur

I like the fact that Holly DM'd me to ask what days my course was and had the extended downtime/migration coincide with those days! #perfectworld #toogoodtobetrue
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

You too. I'm getting pizza too. Not sure about the rest of you though.
  12. bortage spammin lifetaps

Sorry guys the downtime is because of how beefy my sk is, they had to install beefier servers to handle all the lifetaps
    svann and Herf like this.
  13. Cloud the Third Augur

I think i may show up for work at my office on that day. I have not shown up in so long cause I need to play EQ and can work on my other computer at the same time at home.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You get pizza! You get pizza! You get pizza! Everybody gets pizza!
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

Sniff Sniff And to think I thought I was special.:)

:) Inserted to make point perfectly clear.
  16. Cadira Augur

17. Celephane Augur

Is this going to be a 24hr pizza fest?
    Nennius likes this.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

Just for myself, I am breaking the time into three eight hour segments. The first eight hours will be devoted to pizza consumption of various sorts with the second eight hours dedicated to a mixture of garlic bread and onion rings. After this, my long-suffering wife will, I am sure, have forced me to remove self to our backyard where the noxious cloud that will certainly be leaving my body at regular intervals will carried away by the, hopefully strong, wind. All in all, it should be a memorable experience.
    Celephane likes this.
  19. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Would be hilarious if the machines during the migration got the power cord kicked out of the wall on accident and deleted everyone's accounts.
  20. bortage spammin lifetaps

it's worth keeping in mind that if your pizza place of choice offers garlic sauce in place of pizza sauce, your life will be improved 10-fold if you order the garlic