24 Hours down

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nennius, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Is this like one person day equals seven worg days?
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

Possibly. The time/EQ variably relational equation is only partly understood. The finest Dwarven scientists are working on it now. Assuming they can lay off the ale, of course.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. smash Augur

What happens to AB since it is not in USA?
  4. Moege Augur

Login server probably being moved in the same batch and patch to AB applied. Expect AB to be down.
  5. smash Augur

Now second question, will AB be moved to USA, or stay in Europa ?
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

Since I am going to try DCUO today, I'm going to put a shameless plug that I wish it were cross-play. I much prefer to be in a recliner with a controller (Xbox). Having to sit up-right while I pretend I am physically fit enough o save the world is asking just too much.

(All access doesn't carry over to Xbox, neither do characters).

Also planetside looks pretty cool. Make that crossplay all access too. PS4 exclusive, bleh.

I'll buy ya a pizza.

Just incase anyone curious why I am rambling about Xbox. I have friends who can't afford quality PCs and I want to lure them to DCUO and PS.
  7. jordoin New Member

Everyone is cracking jokes about a refund. But I pay with Krono. 24hrs loss is 3% This may not sound like a lot, but if my internet goes down for a day, they refund me a day. They should extend us a day.
  8. Derd Augur

Its 66 cents , and even krono users are subject to the same tos which affords them the ability to have downtime as neccesary to maintain the game.
  9. Riou EQResource

Krono are the cheapest way to sub, you lose 30 cents with them for a day lost
  10. jordoin New Member

First, its 59 cents. Second you can't buy 1 day, so its not the same. Second, it doesn't matter, we aren't getting what we paid for. I'm curious why you are so against the 1 day extension?
  11. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

59.9 cents if we want to get nearer the "value" you want to recoup. However, from the terms of service...

"You hereby agree not to assert and/or bring any cause of action, claim and/or suit against Daybreak, our affiliates, and/or our licensors and suppliers arising out of and/or related to (a) any claim that you own any Virtual Currency, digital downloads, or Virtual Items, (b) any claim for the "value" of any Virtual Currency, game cards, digital downloads, or Virtual Items, (c) any claim for the loss of any "value" of any Virtual Currency, game cards, digital downloads, or Virtual Items arising out of and/or related to any acts or omissions of Daybreak, our affiliates, our service providers, and/or our licensors and suppliers which is/are permitted under the Daybreak Terms of Service and/or any other Daybreak policy, and/or (d) any claim that the "value" of any Virtual Currency, game cards, digital downloads, or Virtual Items has diminished in value as a result of any modification that Daybreak, our affiliates, our service providers, and/or our licensors made to any Daybreak Game(s) or Daybreak Game(s) related services."

While Krono is not specifically mentioned in this section and where Krono is mentioned is very near the specific items mentioned in this section... what someone would pay a lawyer to argue this... just eat the 59.9 cents. I think the legal process would confirm they are providing exactly what someone agreed to pay for.

If you acquire a Krono via other means aside from a transaction with Daybreak, I doubt you even have this extraordinarily weak foundation for recouping anything.
  12. Riou EQResource

Krono's actual value is about half of its marketplace cost, it is 30-33 cents roughly
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Where are you buying your krono?:rolleyes:

On DB site Krono are $17.99 which gives you 30 days but if I pay with my cc its only $14.99 a month? This is base without discounts for multiple purchases of krono or multiple month discounts.
  14. Riou EQResource

Everything in the in game player to player economy is based on those values, they are not based on the DB site cost
  15. Triconix Augur

You're getting exactly what you're paying for. Part of the monthly payments goes to server maintenance and patching to resolve bugs, prevent serious server degradation (which we seemed to have experienced last week), back-end security updates so they can meet requirements such as PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance which you probably are unaware of, etc etc. This is a server migration, yes? That means they are either upgrading their hardware or spinning up new VMs with newer OSes. That's not free. We paid for it and they are putting our money to good use.

Do you think these things come free and are just there without having to do anything? Some people really are so ignorant of what occurs behind the scenes. Would you rather just play a game at risk of data breaches, getting your credit card/bank information exposed, server crashes that increase in both severity and frequency, various bugs and broken content?
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

Looking ahead a few hours...

[IMG]
    Shanarias and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  17. jordoin New Member

All that aside, didn't answer my question. What is your complaint with giving a free day of service for the downtime as it is a full 24hrs?
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It's probably technically not feasible (cost-benefit code wise) to just grant 1 day to subscribers. I can see Daybreak granting bonus experience or rare spawn bonus (President's Day weekend or Valentine's Day).
    Nennius likes this.
  19. Grampiz New Member

It's a childish request that lacks any real merit.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Still grinding to 115. I like this possibility. On the other hand, if the servers come back within 24 hours and all my stuff is still there, I will be very happy.

P.S. How long do you think it will be for the angry posts to come after the servers go down? I am betting on 30 minutes.
    Benito and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.