15th Vet reward

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Alaklin, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Edrick Augur

Is there an ongoing joke I'm not aware of that whenever you don't agree with a developer decision it is a "slap in the face?"
    Tarvas and Iila like this.
  2. Geroblue Augur

I don't joke in here. And frankly it is a slap. I'm over 60 years old, and like everyone in here, I have an opinion.
    Lisandra likes this.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Why is SOE discontinuing Vet Rewards?

Because they know best what we want.
  4. •Obss• Journeyman

MasterMagnus likes this.
  5. Edrick Augur

6. Rhymez Thebard Elder

15th vet reward should be a single target coth. Useable once per day.
    Evercluck and Lisandra like this.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

More likely, just because they ran out of good ideas for them.
  8. Lisandra Augur

He means retired from working not from playing EQ. He's talked about that before.
  9. Edrick Augur

1) Freeport (or any original town) housing district. Tons of work, but so cool.
    2) An extra trophy tribute slot. If you say that gives power, you're right - many of the vet AAs do.
    3) 72 hour reuse ability to instantly revive a merc at full hp/mana.
    4) 72 hour reuse ability that randomly picks from any model in the game and illusions it on you for 30 minutes. Some of them excluded due to size, or they're shrunk to reasonable levels.
    5) Swarm pets that consist of newbie monsters like decaying skeletons, orc peons, and rats. Useless and does no damage.
    6) I'm bored of thinking

Point is, there are lots of good ideas. Its a matter of getting the time to make them, and if they are not game breaking.
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I'm not saying there aren't good ideas, at least what we consider good ideas out there. There are just none that the Devs thought of and are willing to do.

Of your list, 2 & 3 would be cool. 4 would not be possible as you currently have it worded since it would require that all models in the game be in the global file which they are not; but you could easily change it to be any illusion or any model that can appear in that zone. 5, I would change it so that they have a super high chance to hit; so while they might just hit for like 1-20 hp per hit, they wouldn't be all misses; which practically would still be useless but technically would not be.
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. Geroblue Augur

Precisely.
  12. kyong Augur

Veteran reward was one of the few things that I looked forward to every year.
    Geroblue likes this.
  13. Numiko Augur

I think it speaks volumes on what the SOE brass thinks of Everquest 1 when EQ2 gets an entire zone for this years veterans awards and we get nothing.....
    Edrick, Geroblue, Lisandra and 2 others like this.
  14. Metanis Bad Company

Sounds to me like a certain team at Sony is pouting.
    Geroblue likes this.
  15. Xeladom Augur

They decided that vet rewards are not fun going forward.
    Lisandra and Geroblue like this.
  16. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

EQ will be in Sunset mode in about 2 years with this kind of pattern of cut back (i.e. expansion volume to vet AAs). It will probably conveniently coincide with the EQN release.
    silku likes this.
  17. Edrick Augur

EQ has been dying since release, Chicken Little.
  18. Lisandra Augur

If SOE is even around in 2 years. The way Sony is losing money & cutting costs who knows at this point.
  19. Lisandra Augur

The naysayers were wrong for 15 years but sadly eventually they're going to be right & SOE seems to be doing everything in their power to usher EQ into it's grave. I think they'll come to regret that decision when Next doesn't do as well as they'd hoped if it even sees the light of day with the way Sony is going lately.
  20. Edrick Augur

Asheron's Call and Ultima Online, two of the big three MMORPGs that released in the same general time frame, haven't had expansions in years and they are still running and getting updates. It is very cheap to keep an MMOG running. The only way EQ is going to suddenly die off is if SOE files for chapter 11.

EQ will eventually get Kelefane'd, but I expect that to happen once we've seen massive server merges, no expansions in years, and infrequent patches.