15th Vet reward

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Alaklin, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Alaklin Journeyman

I believe the new vet rewards are released around the end of the anniversary events, though this year there hasn't been one. Is there no plan to continue it, or is it something so special, so unique, so amazing for the 15th year (to make up for the previous 5?--more novelties than rewards) that it is just taking a bit longer to set up before you unveil them?

I've got ideas if you want them! ;)
  2. Fansy Augur

Summons big bad bosses that roam around zones and hunt players. Attacking support first.
  3. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

corpse camp and see FD?
  4. Ishtass Augur

wouldn't mind a passive to decrease reuse on existing vet AA
  5. Alaklin Journeyman

^ I hope that was sarcasm.
  6. Warpiggs Augur

This already exists as a Vet AA, Think it was last years. It's actually pretty nice :)
    Clearlee likes this.
  7. moogs Augur

Veteran's Softening - Instant-kill Raid Boss. Reusable every 00:02:00.
  8. Stubar Augur

Full ability reset would be nice. Like a forceful rejuvenation for a a abilities /disc's. 20 hour timer or something.
  9. Ishtass Augur

/facepalm, fixed.
  10. Filatal Augur

This would be cool. To balance, they could make you take +10,000% damage from adds once it was used.
  11. moogs Augur

I was not at all serious. Just wanted to post early to get ahead of the ones who are.

OP, good thread topic.
  12. Falos Augur

make the veteran reward something that isn't gamebreaking but can benefit everyone:

Veteran reward: Spawn the quest npc for Dragons Dragons Dragons (or giants giants giants) or maybe even a universal instance npc for all pre-alaris raid dz's (though that would require significant work) either way would be pretty handy to have year long access to those fun instances and all you had to do was find a 15th year vet (which is surprisingly easy because of the sheer number of people that did that billing exploit to add lots of years to their entitled time back in SOD)
  13. Abazzagorath Augur

They should reset the time entitled on everyone's account to match how they currently work and reality (and reset all the people that cheated to get extra years).

Accounts, paid or not, tick up one day at a time now. So they really should look at the account creation date and make your time entitled based off that instead of "paid time prior to march 2012 + every day after paid or not".
    Gherig, Enkel, Moklianne and 5 others like this.
  14. Falos Augur

I totally agree with this with one exception.

There are some legit people with 60+ years entitled time. old school GM's and such had lifetime subscriptions granted to their account for free and were granted a massive amount of entitled time as well as some other claim rewards for their past service (this doesnt apply to recent GM's and guides only ones from old school EQ) Those people should be allowed to keep their rewards imo. But yes the people that did the billing exploit should have their veteran rewards readjusted to what they actually should be, I fully agree.
  15. Abazzagorath Augur

Yeah, I didn't mean to take anything away from former guides or GMs, or the extra year people were granted during the 5th anniversary when they bought the promo subscription that gave an extra year. Those are legit.
  16. Illusionist_Innania Augur

Summon: Gnomish Wizard of Relocation.

Usable every 00:01:00, summons a familiar that will port you and your group (via xloc window-type-thing) to a location available via the guild hall, to your anchor, or to the guild lobby.

Innania says, 'Hail, Gnomish Wizard of Relocation."
    GWR says, 'Greetings, Innania! Using my wizardly powers, I can [Transport] you to one of many [locations]!'
    Innania says, 'Transport me to Shard's Landing.'
    GWR says, 'Safe journeys!'
    Ravage, Braveheart, silku and 3 others like this.
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

[IMG]
    Illusionist_Innania likes this.
  18. Calliope New Member

How about something that's worth oh, I dunno 1,500 dollars? We're the people that kept the light bill paid in this game. Give us something to make other people want to play 15 years to get it. The Banker, the Merchant; these were a big deal when they first came out. To bring up a banker and merchant is SSRA was incredible.

These items changed the way I play everquest, how I bound my characters, dealt with bank space, kept and tossed. They were game changers, and others were envious. The problem is that EQ is so easy to play (a good thing) that it's hard to think of something that's a game changer for the positive. Tunare help you when you have to create #20 and #25. Keep in mind how the reward is perceived by 2-3 year vets matters; maybe more than we at 14 years and counting do.

And for those of you who want to take away vets from other people.. stop hating; it's not attractive.
    Geroblue, Leerah and -----Cinexa----- like this.
  19. Kravitz Augur

I think you meant to say "wouldn't mind even more of a decrease reuse on existing vet AA" :D

LoTD down to 6 hours reuse would be pretty amazing!
    Illusionist_Innania and Ishtass like this.
  20. Calliope New Member

Nope, FtP gets Veterans, Silver gets veterans. If you log on once a year, no matter what you pay, you get veterans. Don't ask me how the heck that logic works, but that's what i was told by a Dev at SOE Live.

I was also told, there won;t be a 1th vet this year. They changed it so now you have to complete the year to get the 15th reward (even if you have extra time from being a guide). So, no new Vet reward this year, and ya I'm pissed about it too.
  21. Calliope New Member

So, I sent this to Pratun, b/c I spoke to a developer and she told me to. He hasn't replied so it's going here. I feel like I'm writing in a freakin' vacuum.

Hi,

Nice to meet you, I was at SOE Live, at one of the big EQ New conferences, specifically the technical one about coding (I'm a data analyst, and was interested in how collected data was used in game dev., and what platforms they used for collection and analysis.. but I digress)

Afterwards I spoke with an asian female developer around mid 20's, (sorry I don't remember her name, or I would refer to her more politely) about the Veteran Reward situation. She told me that I wasn't alone in the discontinuation of vet rewards (or at least the prolonged delay of them). She suggested that I tell you my vet reward ideas that use the existing code base.

a) An AA that wizards already have enables them to bind a 2nd point. Enable all classes to have that (that would be for yr. 15 or yr. 20. The AA is already there, and wizards would get a 3rd.

b) For year 16, 17, 18, 19 decrease the time for vet rewards 5%. We're just looking for a nickel. Something that says thank you, PAID players, who have spent something like $1,400 + expansion to get this vet reward. It already exists.

c) Increase the duration of some vets by a modicum of time

d) I have them all, and I can tell ya, stuff is not what I want; no new mount, Soe cash, AA's to spend these things don't help. Year 25, if you get there, consider a 2nd Lesson of the Devoted.

e) Guide's have certain privileges, and can go some places people can't go. When a player has actually paid (not some FtP'er who logs in once a year, seriously?!, I pay $1,400 + expansions, and they get them for fa--freakin' free, man that fries my bacon! /rant off) , consider at year 20 giving entry to a special location, or limited use of a privilege to us. We've played so long, we're interested in the innards of the game to some degree. We're EQ geeks, fan boys etc. Give us a special glimpse.