Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Szilent Augur

Right clicking does the "Highlight Item" function the same as the button at the bottom of the Find window. Clicking "Inspect" instead at the top of the window shows the augment itself
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

Oh sweet. Thanks guys.
  3. Kalamos Augur

To add to this, holding down your right click will show the Aug stats (functions the same as clicking the Inspect button).
  4. Mokara New Member

What I would like is for the game to be returned to a playable state.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

/destroy [name(required)] all!
    ex:
    /destroy rusty dagger all
    /destroy broken fish hook all

or just add them to the advanced loot filters
  6. Warpeace Augur

This only work while the items are on your curser?
  7. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Sadly, it’s a quality of life wish thread, not a tips and tricks thread. There is no easy fix to the debacle that is EQ fishing.
  8. Flatchy Court Jester

Yes being a RL redneck I have fished A LOT. In all of those times I must admit I have never caught one single silk sandle, or rusty dagger. I have bought up lots of sticks and I once caught my buddies deep diving lure he snagged on the bottom while trolling this Mississippi for walleye (what are the odds). So that may count for a rusty hook I dunno.
    Svann2 likes this.
  9. Bernel Augur

I wish there was a way to have macros print their lines to the chat window. Kind of like debug mode. I'd like to see something like this show up in chat as the macro was running:

Macro dobuffs: /pause 30, /cast 1
    Macro dobuffs: /pause 27, /cast 2
    Macro dobuffs: Done

This would make it easier to keep an eye on what the macro was doing and to debug any problems. It could be enabled for a single macro (perhaps macros with names that end in # are debug mode?) or a global flag which made all macros be in debug mode.
  10. Bernel Augur

I wish that /cast could have multiple spells listed similar to how /melody works. I'd like to be able to run "/cast 2 4 6 7" and have those spells be cast one after the other. If there's too much concern about this being exploited in combat situations, I'd be fine if it was just for buffs. That's when I typically would use it. Different people always need different buffs. I wish I could target the tank and use "/cast 1 2 7" to cast the buffs he needs and target the healer and cast "/cast 1 3 9" to cast the ones he needs.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

Option to auto turn off tribute and trophy if afk
  12. CrazyLarth Augur

ALT-O checkmark the OPTIONS I belive they are there for Personal (tribute and trophy) if you log off the long way
    fransisco likes this.
  13. Ravanta Suffer Augur

#1 /hidemodels familiars

#2 significantly increase the maximum number of buffs we can add to /buffblock and a configurable option to block all buffs of the same line

#3 /buffblock for mercs

#4 /dontcast spellname for mercs (prevents a merc from ever casting the selected spell or any spells in that spell line)

#5 give mages, necros, and beastlords pet greater hold all starting at level 50. Or heck, level 40. Maybe even just level 1, why not?

#6 Palatial Guild Hall and player housing should be available starting at DoN (DoN is the expac that gave us the small guild hall)

#7 Primary anchors are sold in the marketplace....so let's add secondary anchors and guild anchors to marketplace as well. Some people balk at this because "blah blah blah you should have enough loyalty points for it" well, that may be true for some, but it won't be true for new accounts, or for people who play multiple toons on multiple servers

#8 Scratch number 7, anchors being sold on marketplace or loyalty is kinda weird. Let's add a tinkering recipe to create them. Yes, let's do that.

#9 Move keybinds from the eqclient.ini to the character ini file so people that are playing multiple toons with different playstyles don't have to rely on multiple paths of everquest to have different keybind layouts

#10 /ignoreaccount nameofcharacter

#11 When a TLP progresses to a new expansion, many of them offer the premium and collectable versions of that expansion in marketplace. The price to buy these should be reduced to less than what they were originally sold for when the expansion was first announced. Currently, it actually costs more. This is especially unfair since the standard way of purchasing them gave account wide uses of multiples of the items.

#12 Remove all of the RNG garbage from the marketplace. Legacy of Norrath prize packs are the biggest examples of this. They have made it even worse lately. Not only do you still have the chance of opening absolutely useless items such as shield of scraps or bind affinity potions (keep in mind they don't even allow LoN prize packs to be purchased until a TLP reaches RoF) but they added another layer to the RNG madness. If you are wanting a specific item from an LoN prize pack, you don't even know what LoN expansion you will be pulling from as they are now sold with a chance of any three LoN expansions.

#13 Correct chat filters for say. NPC say can generate a ton of spam in certain areas, and there is no separation from player say and NPC say. This is especially problematic because GM's usually do afk checks in say. (If they even do that at all) It is a completely toxic way of afk-checking players with the high possibility of the message not being seen by the person due to spam or just simply directed to a window they don't usually read because there is too much spam in say

#14 Quest npc's such as those used to enter raid instances should all be given see invisibility. It can be annoying entering a quest if your stupid bard is singing invis song.The hilarious thing about this is when you hail a quest npc to finish a quest, it always works even if you are invisible.

#15 If a player is in a raid and they go linkdead or camp out, they should not be immediately removed from the raid. Their status of not being logged into the game should be readily apparent in the raid window, perhaps with an X next to their name, or a configurable color to the font. Even simpler, a timer of 3 minutes could be added before they are removed from the raid.

#16 Many people prefer to have chat windows enabled for tells (this is even the default selection) but if that window is closed, they have no way of seeing that conversation again. If tell windows are used and the player closes that window, the chat should be directed to the window where their tells would go if they did not have tell windows enabled.

#17 There are numerous spell, item, or aa descriptions that are just completely wrong and misleading. Veteran players are accustomed to not trusting in-game descriptions, but a lot of people take these descriptions as being accurate, even though they can be wildly incorrect. These descriptions should be corrected.

#18 A lesser known quirk about overseer is that if a person is using DBC to finish an overseer quest immediately after starting it, the failure rate of that quest is significantly increased. The UI says the chance of failing the quest is not impacted, but because this is everquest, that window is incorrect in reality. The person needs to camp out of the game in order to not have a significantly increased chance of the quest failing if they use DBC to finish the quest early. This needs to be corrected.

#19 Once a person has all of the overseer agents and no longer has a use for more agents, they should be able to turn off the overseer quests giving them more agents. It is well known that a player having a high number of agents adds lag, but constantly having to agent conversion just so they can reduce this lag gets really tedious.

#20 Overseer progress is specific to a server, which sounds relatively benign in theory. But it is frustrating to have a high amount of overseer progression completed, only to find it reset if they transfer to a new server. The overseer achievements do get removed if they move to a new server so they are presumably not locked out of obtaining the overseer achievement rewarded items (mount, illusion, ornament) if they move servers...but the marketplace description for the character transfer token should be updated to notify a player of this.

#21 Illusion: skeleton (and others using the same model) has for ages had a weird quirk with several mounts such as carpets, gnomish hovering transport, anizok's steam escalator, and the recent phoenix harness. When using the illusion, the player is permanently in a crouched position, and a constant sound is heard. This is likely due to an animation issue with the model, but it would be great to have this fixed. Everyone knows illusion: skeleton is the best model in the game.

#22 Guild halls and player housing should have a better interface with respect to placable items that allow a player to be teleported to another zone. Rather than relying on ultimately rote memorization or various strategies of "organizing" placement of these items, a player should be able to right click any placed item that has a teleport to somewhere, and it would present them with a list of available locations to be teleported to, sorted alphabetically. by the zone name.

#23 The guild hall portal system of giving an item to the teleportation assistant to change the destination of the portal is just unnecessary. Ideally, the teleportation assistant could just be changed to match translocation npc's, where if you hail them they produce a list of what locations they can teleport you to, and you say that location to the assistant to be teleported there.

#24 The interface for the /keyring teleportation window should be improved. If a person has a large number of teleportation items, it can be burdensome to identify which teleport item they want to use to get to where they want to go. A field should be added that has a standardized list of the zone the ports to go. For example, there are numerous teleportation items that can send a person to Neriak. The new field should list the location as Neriak: Third Gate. This list should be able to be sorted alphabetically so a person can easily find the correct item.

#25 All familiar items should be updated to act as metamorph wands, so pet classes can use them as pet illusions.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  14. Angahran Augur

If you actually look at the code for the bazaar window it's been coded for 200 slots for quite some time. It's just never been activated.
  15. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I would love to have this as a recipe as well. It could even require an item bought from the loyalty merchant or tetra-thingy overseer merchant to make a 'folded' anchor which could be traded to someone and, after being unfolded, be no trade (kinda like the unexpanded bags). This would allow a long-time player to create an anchor for someone who is new to the game using their own longevity coin.
  16. Risiko Augur

Ability to run 2 mercenaries from 1 account. :)
    Sunawar and Yinla like this.
  17. fransisco Augur

guild bank to be accessible in pok
  18. Angahran Augur

Link accounts and allow x many characters to log in regardless of which account.

e.g.
    * Link 2 accounts - log 1 from account A, one from account B, or 2 from A or 2 from B.
    * Link 3 accounts - log in 1 from A, B and C, 1 from A 2 from B....

You get the idea.
  19. Wudanar Journeyman

I'd like to see persona switching in any zone. I'd also like to see bazaar price cap increased.
    Risiko likes this.
  20. mercury890 Old Timer from the days of karana.

REVERT PRE PATCH till problems are worked out in Beta.. NOT LIVE
    Sunawar likes this.