Fixed Internally Overseer: Agents not recovering - still not fixed

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Inga, Dec 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Velisaris_MS Augur

One of my accounts had its first failure yesterday since the first few days after Overseer launched. It was a task that had a 79% success chance. Another account had a failure a couple of months ago.

I'm also not seeing this high rate of failures on my 3 accounts. I try and make sure that everything is at 80% or better. Don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.
    Carden and Jmag like this.
  2. Dalo New Member

My overseer quest window has not updated in about a week, this is very frustrating putting time and money into something and then it don't work at all.
    Graves, Khazi and Jmag like this.
  3. Tallie Elder

Not seeing any excessive failures but the non-recovery issue is HUGE. You can't even pay to recover them.
    Dyllwin, Regina_Cazic and Jmag like this.
  4. Wulfhere Augur

I have two accounts with agents in this false state of readiness. Zoning does not clear it. Logging out to desktop does not clear it. The agents are permanently unavailable for questing. This is a bad bug.
    Claan likes this.
  5. tanith Augur

6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I usually break 80% on 4 of the 5 quests, but will settle for anything above 70% on the last quest or two.
    Jmag likes this.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Do you mean that the recovery quests are not working? I thought others had mentioned that they were working.

I have recovery quests running today, first time since Overseer launched, LOL!
    Jmag likes this.
  8. Raytan Augur

Recovery quests still seem to work, but the most you can recover is 2 per mission, if you crit. I've never seen more than 2 quests offered and you may get another 2 when your quests recycle. I usually only do quests once per day, so only getting the 2, and they don't always crit, so mostly only one recovery per mission.

Sometimes I don't get offered any recovery missions, but have 5 or more agents listed as incapacitated in stats and when trying to assign to a quest, but zero show up if you check your agent list incapacitated. Now I'm basically running recovery tasks, if offered, and recruiting. I don't know if I don't get offered recovery tasks because the agents are not really incapacitated, if you check your agent list, but they are in stats and when you try to assign them to missions. Very odd bug. Running recovery quests and recruiting quests doesn't increase very many stats though.

Edit: Typos. That time of day.
    Jmag likes this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Incapacitated agenst are not recovering on their own. The only way to get them back to a "ready" status so you can use them is to run recovery tasks.
    Jmag likes this.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That's what I thought. Don't know what Tallie meant by "You can't even pay to recover them"?
    Jmag likes this.
  11. Tallie Elder

Since they are marked as "Ready" on the agent list, the option to recover is not there.
    Regina_Cazic, Jmag, Tatanka and 2 others like this.
  12. Gialana Augur

On the Agents tab, you can select an agent to see details about them. Before the bug, if the agent is incapacitated, there's an option to use the marketplace coin to immediately relieve their incapacitation. But since part of the bug is that an incapacitated agent never shows that status on the Agents tab, the option to spend coin to immediately recover them is also missing. That's what Tallie meant.
    Jmag, Tatanka, Claan and 1 other person like this.
  13. Miminona New Member

After very few fails ever previously, I've had 6 in the last couple of days, 4 failures and 2 critical failures. All 6 were me using DB coin to finish a task faster. My other toon also got 2 failures with the first two quests I finished with DB coin, so I stopped using them for hers after that. All the quests I failed I had over an 80% chance of success on, one I had 95%. Also, the stats in the stat window have partially reset. The agent count is correct (I assume, other than the incapacitated thing), but my quests completed stats started at 0 with the expansion launch.
    Jmag and Wdor like this.
  14. tanith Augur

Recovery quests are also broken.
    After reading here that they worked, I tried using some
    Recovered a few agents
    Switched to another toon which had some more recovery quests saved. 'Recovered' exactly the same agents again (on different recovery quests, eg wounded and missing on 1st toon, then discredited and discouraged on 2nd)
    Jmag likes this.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

Being able to only randomly recover 1 or 2 agents (if I'm lucky) per rotation is seriously starting to suck now. Missing out on that sweet blue/purple xp reward because you can't recover the only agent(s) that will work with them is depressing.

I wish a dev would give us an update about this.
    tanith, Wdor, Claan and 2 others like this.
  16. Yara_AB Augur

What I noticed is that usually (while it worked) when you opened overseer you got a message in chat about agent xy being recovered.
    This doesn't happen anymore. Don't know if that information helps tracking the issue down.
    Claan and Jmag like this.
  17. Jmag Journeyman

Still unresolved. Getting angry at the loss of exp. :mad:
    Qelil and Claan like this.
  18. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

On one of my accounts my stats have reset too. Except for agent count. Mine rest 2-3 weeks ago, not with ToL launch.
    Jmag likes this.
  19. Yorag Journeyman

I currently have 19 agents incapacitated as listed in my stats tab. The list continues to grow every day as they do not recover after time as they used to. The Agents tab does not show any of them as being incapacitated, and there are no countdown timers running for any of the agents. If they are not questing, they are shown as "Ready".
    The only way to see which ones are actually incapacitated is to try to start a new quest. Those that are MIA are listed as "x0" in the available agents list for that particular job.
    Each day it is getting increasingly more difficult to man tasks without key agents available. As others have pointed out, logging out of the game doesn't resolve this issue as it did prior to the new expansion.
    Can we get an idea when this might be fixed? Soon we will not be able to use Overseer at all.
    MmmmBop, Jmag, Yara_AB and 3 others like this.
  20. Wulfhere Augur

I think the problem is that every quest that incapacitates an agent is failing to set the data correctly, probably the timer value as was noted previously.

Here is the sequence:

Quest completion has incapacitated Orc Scoutmaster:
    [IMG]

Note that the agent is not in the list. It is now permanently (at least as long as the timer value) incapacitated:
    [IMG]

Note that there are 4 Orc Scoutmasters ready:
    [IMG]

Note that there are (only) 3 Orc Scoutmasters available:
    [IMG]

Each time a quest incapacitates an agent, that agent card (possibly) NEVER recovers. I'm still waiting to see if my oldest bugged agents recover when their hidden/broken timer expires. So far none have.

For non-iconic agents, you can still use the remaining agents ... until they too are hit over the head. However, don't convert duplicates and leave yourself with a count of zero usable agents.

The seriousness of the bug centers on the iconic agents that can only have one state amongst all the duplicates. Once any one of those iconic agent cards is knocked out, it's game over.
    Rondor, Claan and MmmmBop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.